Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Datamined Wizard Passive Skills

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by HardRock, Sep 6, 2011.

1. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

Datamined Wizard Passive Skills

These are all the Wizard skills I could find here that were clearly labeled as passives, meaning that they are most likely up-to-date versions. Enjoy!

Arcane Dynamo

Description: Every time you cast an Academic spell you gain a Flash of Insight. After {c_green}{Script Formula 1}{/c_green} Flashes of Insight your next non-Academic spell deals {c_green}[{Script Formula 0} * 100]%{/c_green} additional damage. The following skills are Academic spells: {icon:bullet} Magic Missile {icon:bullet} Shock Pulse {icon:bullet} Spectral Blade {icon:bullet} Electrocute

Astral Presence

Flavor text: "Feel the power in the veil that surrounds us. A thunder cloud ready to burst... a volcano about to erupt. Harness it, and you will be invincible." -Adria

Description: Increases your maximum Arcane Power by {c_green}{Script Formula 0}{/c_green} and Arcane Power regeneration by {c_green}{Script Formula 1}{/c_green} per second.

Blur

Flavor text: A common practice of some Wizards is to magically accelerate their body chemistry to the point where they have cat-like reflexes, and the ability to dodge or roll with most attacks.

Description: Decreases melee damage taken by {c_green}[{Script Formula 0} * 100]%{/c_green}.

Evocation

Flavor text: So long have you focused on twisting reality to your will that time itself seeks to appease you.

Description: Reduces all cooldowns by {c_green}[{Script Formula 0} * 100]%{/c_green}.

Galvanizing Ward

Flavor text: "Power begets power. The excess energy from one spell is absorbed by the other, and so the effect is sustained." -Excerpt from Grand Master Zaven's Lecture on Synergistic Effects in Esoteric Arcane Spheres

Description: Increases the duration of your armor spells by {c_green}{Script Formula 0}{/c_green} seconds. As long as an Armor spell is active, you gain {c_green}{Script Formula 1}{/c_green} Life per second. The following skills are improved: {icon:bullet} Energy Armor {icon:bullet} Ice Armor {icon:bullet} Storm Armor

Glass Cannon

Flavor text: "How will I survive? I don't intend to get hit in the first place. If you even touch me, it's because I allowed it." - Maloth, Renegade Wizard

Description: Increases all damage done by {c_green}[{Script Formula 0} * 100]%{/c_green} but decreases armor and resistances by {c_green}[{Script Formula 1} * 100]%{/c_green}.

Illusionist

Description: Whenever you suffer more than {c_green}[{Script Formula 0} * 100]%{/c_green} of your Life in a single hit the cooldown on your Mirror Image and Teleport abilities is automatically reset.

Power Hungry

Description: Gain {c_green}{Script Formula 0}{/c_green} Arcane Power whenever you are healed by a health globe.

Prodigy

Description: Every time you cast an Academic spell, you gain {c_green}{Script Formula 0}{/c_green} Arcane Power. The following skills are Academic spells: {icon:bullet} Magic Missile {icon:bullet} Shock Pulse {icon:bullet} Spectral Blade {icon:bullet} Electrocute

Temporal Flux

Flavor text: "The energies of time and arcane power are jealous consorts. If you caress the one, you neglect the other at great risk." - Ennead Sage Resko

Description: Whenever you deal Arcane damage, enemies are slowed by {c_green}[{Script Formula 1} * 100]%{/c_green} for {c_green}{Script Formula 0}{/c_green} seconds.

Unstable Anomaly

Flavor text: "It takes perfect concentration for a Wizard to dance on the edge of infinity. Never be the one to break that concentration." -One-Eye Whipple

Description: When reduced below {c_green}[{Script Formula 1} * 100]%{/c_green} Life release a shockwave that knocks all enemies back. This effect cannot occur more than once every {c_green}{Script Formula 0}{/c_green} seconds.

Virtuoso

Flavor text: "She moved as one with her wand, unleashing her vicious magic upon Valthek until he could stand no more." - A witness to the battle of Yshari

Description: Increases the damage of your basic wand attack by {c_green}[{Script Formula 0} * 100]%{/c_green}. Successful attacks with a wand generate {c_green}{Script Formula 1}{/c_green} Arcane Power and heal you for {c_green}[{Script Formula 2} * 100]%{/c_green} of your maximum Life.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  2. Scorch Hellfire

Scorch Hellfire IncGamers Member

Re: Datamined Wizard Passive Skills

Interesting how they made two of them focused on these so called Academic spells... I guess they wanted to encourage people to use the basic attack spells more... Also interesting how they seem to want wizards to use wands and gave no passive for staves... I'm going to miss Black Ice, was looking forward to making a high damage ice wizard...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  3. JustAnotherOldGeezer

JustAnotherOldGeezer IncGamers Member

tl;dr

ArcaneDynamo: Use low level skills to power up a high level one (think combos)
    AstralPresence: More mana & regen
    Blur: Decrease melee dmg
    Evocation: Faster cooldowns
    GalvanizingWard: Buffs ice/energy/storm armors, adds life regen
    GlassCannon: Increased dmg, decreased armor/res
    Illusionist: Reset tele/mirror image cooldown when hit hard
    PowerHungry: More mana from health globes
    Prodigy: Use low level skills to regen mana
    TemporalFlux: Arcane spells slow enemies
    UnstableAnomaly: Knockback spell, auto activates when life drops too low
    Virtuoso: Increases dmg of wand attacks (hopefully this is not just melee)

What do you guys think? I think astral presence, glass cannon, and evocation all look pretty great. I have to admit I am intrigued at the possibilities with ArcaneDynamo too. If it can power some of the bigger spells even harder, it could make for some great variety in playstyles.

Hell, I'd even settle for the life regen armor buff (I am thinking the armor spells will be infinitely more useful than in D2, based on the cool runestone effects I've read).

All this talk about mana in the passives makes me think that we'll be draining it very quickly, yet I've read reports that state it regens fairly fast. We'll have to see how quickly we can spam spells in game. Another thing that bothers me is the cooldowns, but I guess that will encourage spell variety.

4. Sentarius

Sentarius IncGamers Member

Lot of good stuff for HC there.

5. Frantic

Frantic IncGamers Member

This is the Wizard, not the Witch Doctor. Wizards use Arcane Power, not Mana. Arcane Power regenerates really quickly - just like Rogue energy in WoW.