Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Datamined Monk Passive Skills

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by HardRock, Sep 6, 2011.

1. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

Datamined Monk Passive Skills

These are all the Monk skills I could find here that were clearly labeled as passives, meaning that they are most likely up-to-date versions. Enjoy!

Beacon of Ytar

Flavor text: The cooldown on your Lashing Tail Kick, Seven-Sided Strike and Wave of Light abilities is removed, but their Spirit cost is increased by {c_green}[{Script Formula 1}*100]%{/c_green}.

Chant of Resonance

Description: The world continues on the noble path, each of us carrying another, all connected, ever onward.

Description: Duration of all Mantras increased by {c_green}{Script Formula 0}{/c_green} seconds. While a Mantra is active you gain {c_green}{Script Formula 1}{/c_green} Spirit every second.

Exalted Soul

Flavor text: "Endeavor to be one with the hidden truth and you will soar beyond the sky." -Waykeeper Tzo Krin

Description: Increases maximum Spirit by {c_green}{Script Formula 0}{/c_green}. Spirit fuels many Monk defensive and offensive abilities.

Fleet Footed

Flavor text: Strength out of place is no strength at all.

Description: Increase base movement speed by {c_green}[{Script Formula 0} * 100]%{/c_green}.

Guiding Light

Flavor text: "I thought I was done for, trampled into the snow. Suddenly I felt her hand on my shoulder. The warmth returned to my bones, and together we repelled the beasts." -Legends of the North

Description: Whenever you heal another player with an active skill, you and the other player deal {c_green}+[{Script Formula 0}*100]%{/c_green} more damage for {c_green}{Script Formula 1}{/c_green} seconds.

Near Death Experience

Flavor text: "We do not see what has been done, we only see what remains to be done." -Mantra of the Monks of Ivgorod

Description: When receiving fatal damage, you are instead restored to {c_green}[{Script Formula 1} * 100]%{/c_green} of maximum Life and {c_green}[{Script Formula 2} * 100]%{/c_green} Spirit. This effect cannot occur more than once every {c_green}{Script Formula 0}{/c_green} seconds.

One With Everything

Description: Your resistance to all elements is equal to your highest elemental resistance.

Pacifism

Description: While stunned, feared or charmed, all damage taken is reduced by {c_green}[{Script Formula 0}*100]%{/c_green}.

Seize The Initiative

Description: Your Defense is increased by {c_green}[{Script Formula 2}*100]%{/c_green} of your Attack.

Sixth Sense

Description: Your dodge chance is increased by an amount equal to {c_green}[{Script Formula 2} * 100]%{/c} of your chance to critical hit.

The Guardian's Path

Description: While dual-wielding, you gain a {c_green}[{Script Formula 0}*100]%{/c_green} chance to dodge incoming attacks. While using a two-handed weapon all spirit generation is increased by {c_green}[{Script Formula 1}*100]%{/c_green}

Transcendence

Description: Every point of Spirit spent heals you for {c_green}[{Script Formula 0}|1|]{/c_green} Life.

2. MrFrye

MrFrye IncGamers Member

Re: Datamined Monk Passive Skills

I was going to say not necessarily, but then I realized that almost all of these have never been seen before, so... yea, you're probably right. Which means that Blizz has completely revamped the passives list since the July press event.

3. HardRock

It's not really surprising if you remember that Traits were originally supposed to grant you game changing bonuses, like runes do. The old passives are quite dull, so if they indeed changed them, then I'm happy.

Also, working on the list for the WD, Barb and DH.

4. Sentarius

Sentarius IncGamers Member

Man, One With Everything has HUGE itemization implications. Want.

5. Frank_the_tank

Frank_the_tank IncGamers Member

I will be disappointed if there are no more than 12 passives.

6. MindGame

MindGame IncGamers Member

I love you for making these posts.

7. Torr

Torr IncGamers Member

Yeah no kidding! If I could focus my monk on maxxing only one resistance? Wow...just...wow.

8. JustAnotherOldGeezer

JustAnotherOldGeezer IncGamers Member

One With Everything is freakin incredible

I will definitely be taking a closer look at that once I get my monk leveled up.

edit: also Transcendence & Guiding Light look boss as hell. Monk appears to have taken on more of a healer/tanker role than I remember.

9. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Well, at least passives are slowly growing interesting. This is light years ahead of the crap we saw a month ago.

10. RMedieval

RMedieval IncGamers Member

Near Death Experience.. that just sounds amazing.

Can't wait to experience it.

See what I did there?

11. Bridgeburners

Bridgeburners IncGamers Member

Near Death Experience, One With Everything, and Transcendence all seem retarded good. I highly doubt One With Everything will always work as its description says. They'll probably tweak it so that all your resistances except your highest increase by {c_green}[{Script Formula 2} * 100]%{/c_green} of your highest, or something like that.

Also, I can't imagine any hardcore monks not having Near Death Experience activated.

It's interesting to note, while reading Pacifism, that your character can actually fall under fear and charm effects. In D2 these only worked on monsters for obvious reasons. What will the nature of these afflictions be on a human player?

12. Snowhammer

Snowhammer IncGamers Member

Monks are the new Hardcore character for sure..
    Near Death Experience and:
    Alabaster Rune - Simulacrum
    If the Monk dies while the decoy is alive the Monk is resurrected at the decoy's location with X Life. The decoy no longer attracts enemies and the duration is increased to X seconds.

That rune effect..

I mean my gosh.. Harcore Monks will need an asterix ;)

13. Telzen

Telzen IncGamers Member

Didn't think we would get so much information before closed beta even started. Thanks for posting these. Glad they came up with some better passives than the ones we saw before.

14. HardRock

Probably the same as on monsters. In the case of fear you will run away from the enemy who casted the fear. Charm will probably change your allegiance so that you will attack your party members for its duration. Both will make you lose control of your character.

15. Torr

Torr IncGamers Member

The one part about the Simulacrum skill that makes me wonder is the "If the monk dies" part. Once you die in hardcore, your dead. Would the ressurection skill work in hardcore? I'm leaning towards yes, that it would work though it does give monks an advantage in HC.

16. HardRock

From what I've seen so far I wouldn't worry about this just yet. Every class has quite powerful tools to cheat death. The monk's is definitely the most obvious though.

17. Scorch Hellfire

Scorch Hellfire IncGamers Member

Why when you can only choose 3 at a time? I'm personally just really glad they got rid of the boring stat boosting ones that would have probably become mandatory had they remained in the game...

18. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

I'll be disappointed if I can only choose 3 at a time. :p
    (I'm hoping they change their mind on that.)

19. Telzen

Telzen IncGamers Member

Twelve is pretty good, but I wouldn't mind if they added a few more. So far I'm liking the monk passives the best, really good ideas they came up with.

20. pixartist

pixartist IncGamers Member

Awesome! Read the last passive and "Your resistance to all elements is equal to your highest elemental resistance.", I smell monk-tanks!