Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dark Characters

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by KiLLJOi, Jul 2, 2008.

1. KiLLJOi

KiLLJOi IncGamers Member

Dark Characters

I have been wanting the ability to choose sides for a long time. How awesome would it be to be able to choose an armored demon class with wings and fight from the perspective of Diablo's armies? Talk about never before seen within the franchise...:scratchchin:

What does everyone think?
    The ability to choose a Dark or Light Character Class

2. Felix

Felix IncGamers Member

Re: Dark Characters

Then you get to stand somewhere and hope a lowlevel player walks merrily by?

3. Dimmu

Dimmu IncGamers Member

This would really only work well in MMOs, which d3 won't be. Plus it would interfere with the lore since humans and demons really have no reason to allign.

4. Elric-Logain

Elric-Logain IncGamers Member

Not unless you are a crazy cultist that is.

5. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

It wouldn't make sense either since at this moment they have planned for 5 chars. Unless the light and dark chars are exactly the same, only good and evil it wouldn't make sense to have less than at least 10 different chars, possibly as much as 14 or more in a future expansion. Unless ofc you are a demon kind of char helping the humans, but that would still be stupid, and would also require a lot more classes.

6. Pyratheon

Pyratheon IncGamers Member

Sounds a bit warcraft for ne. Light and Dark, allies and horde. I like the fence, being able to attack whatever. What would be better is the ability to accept quests from either sides, and get different results depending on the side you pick. Not picking sides generally, but on a moment to moment basis.

7. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

A renegade monster that you can play would be an interesting take. Maybe a rehabilitated Shaman ...

I don't think it's likely though but an interesting idea. The way D2 works (if I can use that as a reference) would make it an incredibly difficult project to pull off, though. It would have to be one of the 'bit player' monsters though; it would cause havoc in a Baal run to have two Listers. :D

8. KiLLJOi

KiLLJOi IncGamers Member

In that case, what is the witch doctor doing in there? As someone said before in these forums, witch doctors, in theory, basically carry out the work of demons, so it doesn't really make sense having one fight against them...

I dunno, could be wrong

9. skorpiostouch

skorpiostouch IncGamers Member

i've been thinking about this for many years now. as the alignment of any RPG, there could be some evil classes, and the game could be composed of two different single player campaigns, one for each side, which should complement each other. and in pvp, "good" players could team up against the "evil" characters. not only would this kick so much ***, but also add to a deeper development of the story. i am not talking about renegade monsters here, but demons that truly fight to destroy the forces of light.

10. KiLLJOi

KiLLJOi IncGamers Member

thats exactly what i'v been saying:thumbup:
    imagine the PvP that would result out of this

11. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

I've always thought of playing Blood Raven, or any of the fallen rogues that were somehow rehabilitated. With factions, we can make it closer to a real rpg, by having multiple ways/sets of quests to be completed in order to get into the next act, and you never know which side will prevail until the very last, it could be an ending that is affected by your route of progression etc

12. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

I could see a demon like character but it would have to be something like Illidan. Create a demon hunter class that tries to fight fire with fire. They learn from demons and acquire their skills and graft their appendages onto their own bodies. That way they can have wings and claws and still be "human". They'd be the outcast class of D3. Probably even more outcast than the necros were in D2.

13. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

i would play a goatman archer for sure

14. pantherus

pantherus IncGamers Member

I'd love to play a Fallen - run around with your little sword screaming "Rakanishu!!!"

15. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

Well... this is a cooperative/instanced game. If this was a MMO it could work but this isnt one.

I mean.. if you make a "dark" character, what will you do? Join games to PK the ones who are light side? What will be your story? Will you fight against the heavens while the light fights against diablo? So Blizzard would have to design two diferent stories for each? That is too much work.

I just cant see that happening, it just doesnt blends well with diablo's way of creating games.

16. Funkopotamus

Funkopotamus IncGamers Member

There were some of monsters fighting against you only because they were corrupted by Diablo or Baal. It'd be neat if one of some of the more sentient ones were ready for revenge.

In fact, when I heard there was a witchdoctor I thought it'd be cool if it was a little flayer shaman guy.

17. jamesisbest

jamesisbest IncGamers Member

I think your idea killjoi wouldn't be a very plausible implementation on release. However, it would make for an interesting expansion though making enough content to support this in an expansion would be quite a daunting task. Unlikely to ever be used but I think your idea is a lot of fun! I would love to try it out. Perhaps in Diablo 4 in about 10 years time :D.

18. mince pies

mince pies IncGamers Member

I'd LOVE a character like that! You should notify Blizzard of this idea ^^

19. Leugi

Leugi IncGamers Member

Nah, in both Diablo games the special little thing is that all the classes are humans.

Nevertheless, it would be interesting that you could have an alignment with the story as it goes round depending on how you complete your quests (like Kotor or something)