Dare I indulge in the dark side of D2 playing?

Silkweed

Diabloii.Net Member
I was thinking that if I got as far as level 21, I could try out the General's flail, since it has all those really nasty mods like slow. I'm aware that using slow is considered very poor manners in duels, but for the purpose of PKing, I somehow don't seem to care since the people I'm fighting aren't actively consenting to fight me (whereas passively, they are if they choose to be around when I attack them instead of TPing or leaving).

Again, I'm not familiar with conventional wisdom, is slow considered cheesy for PKers?

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
You're a pk. You don't have alot of that "ethics" to hold ya back.

Slow, since it is no longer bugged, is acceptable in my opinion. Chances are if they're in range anyway, they're dead. In addition, I suggest farming NM cows for a 5 socket divine scepter...they're damned sexy to build pala's with.

Find a normal 5 socket one (war scepter) and fill it with iths and make yourself a charger with that, if you feel like. It's quite cheap.

rachil0

Diabloii.Net Member
Silkweed said:
She was level 22 or something though, and for all I knew she was a kickassin PKK, which was why I don't think I got around to it. Later I saw her in a game called "I got owned" back at level one and I was about to go ask her who'd gotten her.
That was definitely EaMyMetal. I got her when she was 21, and then I saw that new "I got owned" game and rejoined it to chat her up a bit. She was a good sport. I think she was a TS MA sin too, but wasn't wearing max dmg gear so prolly not a PKK.

I did pull in a ear in that one game we ran across each other. Still not one from either of the guys I really wanted to kill.

Muffassa

Diabloii.Net Member
man, this is great reading!! I'm so excited!! my only problem is I play Single Player - so I don't have a huge pool of people to kill. I got a lvl 13 charge Pker, and I am going to try to find some TCP/IP games to go terrorize. It is softcore, so the stakes aren't high, but it is the thrill of the hunt that counts. I'm using a 6 socket Huribalt (the big stick thing) with a hel and a nef rune (so far) But I need Ideas for the other 4 sockets. Using sigons gloves and boots, angelic jewelery, a 4 socket eth gothic plate (4-ruby) and biggins bonnet. I have 50 str (60 after gloves) and I have an eth bonesnap to grow into :)

any more suggestions? ideas that I can incorportate? how much dex? how much vit? any more str?

Also, is it better to put points in charge or Might?

rachil0

Diabloii.Net Member
Hehe, when it comes to single player TCP/IP PKing, who knows what happens.

I don't follow what your weapon is ... it sounds like "hurlbat" but isn't that a throwing weapon that cannot be socketed?

I don't know much about pk's yet, I am still new. But I'd say that a nef rune in your weapon is redundant... you'll already knockback with the charge-bash. Points in might are better than charge, the synergy effect gives you 30% ed per point instead of 25% per point when you just pump charge. You won't need anymore AR than a base 1 charge will give you, angelics is plenty of that. Maybe a basic rig could be:

Max-Jewel helm, or ruby helm.
Max-Jewel armor, or ruby armor.
Angelic jewelry
Bloodfists? Don't need 30 IAS/LL that much, and +life and +min dmg will help more.
Big 2H weapon, socketed with more damage jewels. Seems like at level 13 a good rare would be your best bet (A maul?)
Maybe a 1H weapon (rare war hammer? cleg's sword?) and Bone shield of deflecting on your switch, if you get strongly attacked you can have some blocking.
Any old boots (vidalas?, treads?) FRW doesn't help your charge, but it will speed up your searching.
Any old belt (deaths for can't be froze? a rare with life?).

Corrections from the pro's, please!

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're playin open, I suggest the following :

6 socketed maul, +14 max dmg. lvl 9 req jewels...with 20%ed on them too. You can make them, and technically they are legit.

4 sock armour and 3 sock helm with the same

Bloodfists
Deaths guard
Cow boots
angelics

Switch : 4 socket Warhammer + 4 socket palasheild with 65%ed...all socketed with those jewels.

That'd be the meanest killer in existance atm

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Shade, why a 4 socket warhammer over, say, a 6 socket Naga? (depending on level of course) Or if its lower than 25, war axe or something? Does all that ed on the jewels make hammers higher damage but less sockets worth it? I would think not, because 28 more max dmg is possible through 2 more 14//9 jewels...

Anyhow, its a minor point :)

-Matt

Silkweed

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I'd had some interesting experiences with St. Anselm, but I decided I'd try a kick assassin (Sip's build) as well to see if I liked her better. She looks like this:

Level 25
Life: 592
DTalon Dmg: 269-473, 6169 AR, 7/2/2/2 kicks
DFlight Dmg: 252-445, 1840 AR

20 DTalon
1 Mastery
1 DClaw
1 DTail
1 DFlight
4 BoS

Str: 132
Dex: 74
Vit: 65

"Strength" Scimitar
(Perfect Ruby) Twitchroe
Sigon's Shield
Isenhart's Helm (can't find anything better)
Bloodfist
20% r/w War Boots
Death's Sash
Angelic Rings and Ammy
+1 Skills Claws on switch for BoS

Feedback would be very welcome. I am especially curious about whether the DTalon damage listed is the total of the four kicks, or if each kick does that amount of damage. Where should I be hunting, whom should I be hunting, what levels ought I to be hunting, and any other advice would be appreciated.

Silkweed

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd be more concerned about the life if I were dueling, but as I'm theoretically sneaking up on PvM players, the way I see it, it ought not to matter as much. That said, I'm curious as to what amount of life is considered normal for a level 25. As it is, I have something like 12 +life charms, and since most of my stat points have to go into strength for War Boots and dex for blocking, I don't see how I could do much better (except for a rubied helm, which I plan on making as soon as I find a helm and 3 rubies).

I'm still kind of unsure about the damage. I hostiled a necromancer (high thirties?) and I think I managed to take off only about a fifth of his life with 2 DTalons. That seemed wrong somehow. I should be doing at bare minimm 45 pvp damage with each successful kick.

On average, I should be doing 60 per kick, but even at that rate, how am I supposed to kill people before they tp, save & exit, or chickenhack out? As you can tell, I've been a bit frustrated in my attempts thus far.

Sip

Banned
Here are my three ideas for helms, in order from best to worst:

Biggins bonnet with 20% ed jewel or Perfect ruby (will add nice damage)
3 socket helm with 3x perfect rubies
3 socket helm with 3x perfect amythiests (adds damage)

Keep trying...It should definately work. I have killed hundreds of PvP and PvM characters with my kicksins. I think you could probably duel some real pvp characters with that build (chargers...or anyone who will duel you)

Join a "low level dueling" game and see if you can take anyone.

Your damage is about 75 pvp per kick. That means 300 pvp damage per dragon talon+25% chance for crushing blow. I guess that necro you dueled had on bone armor and perhaps some block. You should have taken him down easily though. I have killed characters with over 900 life with this build.

Remember when dueling: if your opponent has no block...he is dead meat.

I suggest pking in act 3 and 4. Most of your fights will come from real duels though. Go to games and hostile everyone...some people leave, some stay and fight...and some tell you to come to act 1 blood moor so they can teach you a lesson.

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
heh, Kick asns seem to be the new throw barbs.

At 1st I thought it was pallys..but then realized that they didn't have enough life to damage ratio, and required alot of gear. But the kick asn requires next to nothing for it's combat ability and can get a ton of life because it doesn't need jewels or sharps. No jewels or sharps mean that it's cheaper than all hell, so if one dies, you can get a new one up in a few days with very little cost.

Cleglaw_Himself

Diabloii.Net Member
Silkweed said:
I'd be more concerned about the life if I were dueling, but as I'm theoretically sneaking up on PvM players, the way I see it, it ought not to matter as much. That said, I'm curious as to what amount of life is considered normal for a level 25. As it is, I have something like 12 +life charms, and since most of my stat points have to go into strength for War Boots and dex for blocking, I don't see how I could do much better (except for a rubied helm, which I plan on making as soon as I find a helm and 3 rubies).

I'm still kind of unsure about the damage. I hostiled a necromancer (high thirties?) and I think I managed to take off only about a fifth of his life with 2 DTalons. That seemed wrong somehow. I should be doing at bare minimm 45 pvp damage with each successful kick.

On average, I should be doing 60 per kick, but even at that rate, how am I supposed to kill people before they tp, save & exit, or chickenhack out? As you can tell, I've been a bit frustrated in my attempts thus far.
Ahh, Silkweed, you're now seeing why this build isn't for pking, but for dueling ppl like 2H chargers (once you have higher life).
Basically, I think damage would be too low for surprise pk ear slice attempt.

Sip

Banned
Cleglaw_Himself said:
Ahh, Silkweed, you're now seeing why this build isn't for pking, but for dueling ppl like 2H chargers (once you have higher life).
Basically, I think damage would be too low for surprise pk ear slice attempt.
Its plenty good my friend. each volley is 300ish damage+crushing blow...1 or 2 of these kick cycles will take out most everyone you come in contact with.

I've taken 3/4 of a pvm characters life with the Dragon flight alone.

Sip

Banned
I have ears as high as the mid 50's. Go and fight some more, you'll get the hang of it.

heres a good tip: when you know the general location of your opponent, turn of the minimap to reduce lag...it really helps me sometimes.