Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Darakan Goldfinder Guide Draft 1.0

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Ortzg, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Ortzg

Ortzg IncGamers Member

Darakan Goldfinder Guide Draft 1.0

Darakan All Class GoldFinder Guide ( extensive notes on barbarian )
    In diablo II i have many years, classic and now LOD 1.10 in realms; mainly europe and useast. I publish here because i asc Xora and she suggest this forums, but i want be clear, this is not a guide about a barbarian, is about the goldfinder way of life.

Well, you maybe want know Why make a goldfinder.

Many of the new runewords are expensive to repair. Many of us want ideal amulets of coronets for our chars, and gambling is needed for do it. You can get some nice items and trade it for runes, too.

The usual chars for Goldfinder are The barbarian, because they can get two chances of drop, in horks, or the sorc. The sorc is common because is a common mf too. SOme others use skelly Necros with thorns merc

Many of the people use a lemkotir runeword for made a magic finder, at the same time. Many of the items of the magic finder are same as the goldfinder. Is common see a Blizzard sorc or meteorb doing mf, and she is already using 80% of the extra goldfind items.

The third more common goldfinder is a summoner necro, using a thorns merc.

I think many of you know is better put a Lem in Crown of thieves and use some items .. i not want offend your intelligence repeating the obvious. But you find some surprises here. As example, i not say put lemkotir and crown of thieves in your merc, is a fact; but i suggest no upgraded the crown of thieves because the gain is minimal.

Other tip is, if you are skill dependent, dont use goldwrap, use arachnid of thundergod vigor or snow clash and the unique shield with three sockets, lemmed instead the usual lidless. You gain 70% more gold.

Sometime ago i find the alibabas are not the best weapons for a Barbarian Goldfinder, and make a new idea in the world of goldfinder.

I read too about a Griswold Goldfinder.... sound dumb, but can be a multiporpose hero, never see a guide around these. I made in the bottom a miniguide.

Some day i find a 40% curses skill charm, and realize is possible make a goldfinder with many skills, for every class.. except for a curses necro. 10 perfect goldfind curses are not many useful, but is betterhave a tree you not use , than a perfect 40%.

Well, we have then 21 possible goldfind skill charms. and every style of player can get the right for the usual skills.

I think the goldfind basics are of common knowledge. CHampions/ bosses give more gold, some items can have gold if socketed and maybe usual dual alibabas are not the best, are good for a dual switch alibabas, but how many barbarians see you in hell and with killing capable ?

At the moment, i have around 20 goldfinders between USEAST and europe, and are not the guys you think, My main goal is have fun, killing without problems, and be capable of play in any place.

My four more powerful goldfinders are two barbarians, one pally and a werewolf druid.

Beware, in the bottom part are comments about the other classes, this si not a barbarian guide.

==================================================================================================
    1.0 Barbarian

The barbarian is a powerful char but need use specific items fior survive in hell. He need taje care with Fire enchanted bosses in nightmare because can kill him if have not good block. I think is more reliable have a nightmare goldfinder than a hell goldfinder because the speed, but you can be killed for the FE bug. The two main ways are two weapon or weapons shield. If you go weapon shield, use the unique troll nest with three socket lemmed, or mosers. Any skill charm with gold is hgood, but i like more the masteries because i can change weapons and the high boost of our "passives" ,as Natural resistance.

1.1 The warcry barbarian

With Warcry charms with gold you can make much damage, and good hybrid. Maybe the clue is use two crystal swords with 6 lem each. Can be sucesfull playing a standar singer. My heart is melee, but are sweet the virtues of warcry maxed.

1.2 the combat barbarian

Really are the less useful for the barb I suggest later use frenzy or concentrate as main atack, and really, i not think you need bost to 10 different combat options.

1.3 the domains barbarian.

As said, The really good here is the boost of passives, and the chance to change weapons. Not much to say.

1.4 Suggestion: The frenzy goldfinder
    Bases:
    some 1 hand weapons have many sockets
    barbarian can be dual wielder with frenzy
    frenzy using same weapon in two hands, no need think in speed
    frenzy best friend: leech and speeds
    nightmare council and nightmare can give many items and gold
    well equiped no need of weapon masteries in nightmare

This is a guide of a no conventional build barb, created after a idea in one forum of the site.

Our goal is create a dual character : Barbarian specialized on goldfinder, and OTHER whole thing in the same char, capable of solo hell and get decent stuff.

This pros of this build:
    • can melee all the way to baal hell.
    • Effective Magic Finder
    • You dont need uber gear; is common or easily tradeable.
    • Useful for midleveling ANY BARB
    • If you dont know what mastery go, dont matter ( in hell is recommended maces or axes )

The cons:
      • When you are in hell, later regret the nightmare kill power ( i have one in nightmare and one in hell )
      • Find yourself the merc dont do much damage, and was killed frequently ( no gold problem )
      • No party friendly ( low warcry )

The Barbarian is a char well known for damage, and the hork capability, its mean, the Find item capability and can get a second drop. In 1.09 Hell meph was the source of the 95% items of the game, and now, we can recover part of these all days.

In 1.09+ the gambling have the chance to use the extra gold and get some useful. In 1.10 many runewords are expensive to repair, and is slow and boring seek ort and ral for repairs. Is better run, repair all and forget. The problem with gold in this build, is WHERE put all. Myself use a 77 lvl barbarian, redoing now, and not use it for gambling because the low level. You can up some levels making boring baal runs, but this guy is enough to kill lister in hell. If you level he more, he go better because the monster level penalty.

As you can see in the end, both maces and axes have strengths. In the runeword section i suggest one well balanced for our build and all classes of weapons, but no recommend Swords as main, mainly because the swords have not much sockets naturally in the uniques, and if you go runeword probabbly can use axes or maces, and a runeword in a mace is much useful for a paladin later.

If i go runeword route ... .well, if i make two daggers with strength (amn tir) have better use of space than use rixot, and very cheaply. Anyway, some items here stay in our stash anyways, and i not think made a dual doom berserker axe is a good idea. Its simple, have not many socket the swords. Expensive runes can be avoided; i recommend death axes for a dual axe route.

This build is heavely focused in HOW u can use the socket option in theuniques and set items. Three socket in aldur weapon, 4 in griswold caduceus. 5 in Rune Master, you get better drops of money in champions, and the place with more champions and SU is travincal.

The common knowledge is leave normal at 45, and nightmare at 76.

Then, we make a build focused to be finished at 76, without enter hell. This give u 75 skill points, and 8 for the normal and nightmare quests.

If u not plain to go to hell, only need little investment in masteries.

The items useful for goldfind are well known , Crown of thieves, AliBabas Chance Guards, goldwrap, wealth runeword , dwarf stars, gheed charms and lem runes. The lem runes was one time medium expensive because the wealth runeword, but now you can get easily in trades or one for each 10 pgems.

More important, the LEM rune give 75% more gold in weapons, and 50% elsewhere. Barbarian is the master of one weapon in each hand, and use 6 LEM in each hand sounds good, but have some problems; mainly damage or requeriments of the big weapons.Other option is go rhyme, monarch with lem, or troll nest three lmmed, moser lemmed for resistances. I suggest the frenzy goldfinder as a viable option.

Well, checking the items, are three types of one hand socketeable weapons: Axes, swords and maces. All have weakness and strengths, and when i say all type of weapons i only want say these three, no others. Before enter the weapon analysis, we check the goals of a weapon of a goldfinder all terrain, in the order dicted by common sense:
      • Natural sockets for LEM and customizing.
      • Damage
      • leech
      • speed
      • elemental damage
      • crush blow for difficult foes
      • availibity/expensiveness ( dream weapon or real weapon )
      • resistances (not common in a weapon but ....)
      • other ( open wounds enemy reduction etc )

If you remain in nightmare, i strongly recommend go the mace route. If you go to hell, i suggest axe mastery, because you find can kill with one point, but in hell you maybe stay using rune master axes. I make a weird high life variant using staff ribcracker as a full damage weapon, and is viable.

My observations say me you need three pair of weapons ( you can combine some items, but really are three the weapons you need If u have, good , but can go untwinked, in runeword section i suggest an affordable runeword but with a flaw.

1) lem weapon ( lemmed runemasters or lemmed aldur , maybe lemmed upgraded alibabas)
      2) Elemental damage weapon ( i suggest Nord trendizer or death runeword axes or frostwind)
      3) Crushing / leech weapons. The more easy is dual strength or black runewords.

EXCEPTION Death runewords: you can use one for elemental damage and CB. Check you have good leech OR a 4 rows full rejuv belt. Think in have a dual gimmershred throwing axes in stash.

What do if you go one hand way

Maybe you think use two weapons and no shield is risky. Yes, you have all the reason. In that case, or hardcore, use better the unique shield with three sockets, or a moser, lemmed. In skills swap frenzy for concentrate, and please, use the axe route with runemaster at least.

RUNEWORD SECTION

The runewords have a wide options. Some are +/- expensive, you need check careful what class can use for not waste weapons.

NotesCrescent Moon Shael um tir NO MACES I make in a pair of Berserker Axes. Are good nut the minimal damage are not good. Are quickly but i suggest use in a strong armor, battle mode

Death Hel El Vex Ort Gul NO MACES With some effort can do yourself. Have a high 50% Crushing blow and mana leech, you need the Leech in other place. But have some nice modifyers, 300-385% damage, blood golem charges and indestructible. If u can get one and try it. If have Draculs is a good combination.

Oath shael pul mal lem ALL WEAPONS really you need a fast weapon for use this beauty. Indestructible, HOW and IG charges. If u use i suggest have a Marrowwalk for stop PK. I made myself in a ethereal swords ( highland blades) and are good, but when a friend of mine make me a loan of dual Phase blades oath see the speed is better, the damage is 20% less, but more quickly delivered. As a bonus, dont need seek for a eth phase blaxe, and get eth highbland blades are not the fastest thing. Use in phases for speed over time.

Strength
      I bump my head when i understand the strength weapon is the all need for the slot of CB and AMN , i spend 300~ meph runs trying get a gnasher axe.

The Winner runeword for me
      In one game i make with a pally a trade, and for space topic, i use a second. DAMN, more balanced as this look as the begin, but with a Cost: You cant hork, but the enemys not revive. The runeword come in a low damage weapon for IM curse.

The Runeword is

Lawbringer 3 Socket Swords/Hammers/Scepters
      Amn + Lem + Ko
      20% Chance To Cast Level 15 Decripify On Striking
      Level 18 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped
      -50% Target Defense
      Adds 150-210 Fire Damage
      Adds 130-180 Cold Damage
      7% Life Stolen Per Hit
      Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
      +200-250 Defense Vs. Missile (varies)
      +10 To Dexterity
      75% Extra Gold From Monsters

In this weapon you have leech, minus defense, undead damage , defense, dual damage , a useful CTC and some gold. You lost Hork but gain space, and is not bad weapon at all. If u use * 2 , more useful too. Be warned, you cant do it in flail type weapon. By the way, remember the damage in base weapon in this is not important, because have not extra damage, and is difficult to kill yourself against OK.

I made a crystal sword amn lem ko and use it; is easy find one in normal act2 tombs, three runs are you find one or two at least, or normal cows.

Some day i go with a other char, a zon lvl 18 to act3 and ormus sell scepters, of the type as civerb, if u go out town and return, get many options of 3 sockets without wasting space. I found many useful and wise space use. By the scepter can be used for malice and lawbringer, maybe amn ral thul, ( i dont remember name ), because the three not have extra damage.

I think is the quick way to find a weapon for lawbringer, i not see use in find a crystal sword for these, you use 6 inventory space and no 3.

Remember the damage of lawbringer is in elemental damage, can use for pindle runes or catacombs act 1 in hell, a level 85 area.

For speed, again i suggest a phase blade if u are sword route.

Other options

if you make a comparative of each weapon class, you found all classes have equivalents. In the bottom part of the guide, i put tables with my personal evaluations of each of the easy available weapons; tips: use cold damage weapons, and axes / maces are better.

You can use other as oath ( magical damage ), but check the runewords with lem, voice of reason is other to look. As always, is more important what you have and what you want. Myself like use phase blade because the speed, and u use in one hand anyway.

In hardcore i think are more useful and easy to get weapons with cold, the frozen and shattered is a good thing, the foes die, not you. In Hardocore not use crescent moon, because not do consistent damage. In softcore is ok, but risky in hardcore.

By therselves Strength and Lawbringer can be the untwinked best friends weapons, and Death a good end game option.

Stats desired:

Str 145 if you use runemaster, 165 if want use IK full set, or your req weapon.
      Dex 120~ because at the beginning you have not masteries, need AR. I use enough for lightsabres or `phase blade type weapons, or less if you max mastery first. If you are using axes, but no runemasters ( bad idea ), consider 110 for can use gimmershred throwing axes.

Vita rest

Note:
      I made a variant with high life and specific charms, is a singer. I use only 63 str here, and two six socket crystal words lemmed. All rest in life. No problem in hell, but need specific charms too.

Charms section:

As a goldfinder, you need the best gold charms you can get. Obviously get a good gold gheed. I begin a crazy gold skill charms hunt, and have now around 30 skill charms with gold around 12-38%. But, i think is better Loss some % and get a skill charm with low gold than a 40% gold.

Example: my new singer is in level 42, and have 10 warcry skill charms with 200% gold aprox, plus the sc charms. I loss 200% but have a high warcrys is better ( i use in this guy a ik helm with lems ), and the stun is incredible. Main weapons are crystal swords with 6 lems, one more than runemasters, and 150% more gold.

Example two: i get a problem with one specific barb, and at level 50 i dont know what mastery. Solution ? 8-10 mastery charms, and want trade between wepons without problems. and level 11 natural resistance/ironskin with one point. woot !!!

Example Three: For max kill power, can use barbarian combat charms, and get lvl 30 or better frenzy, ww and concentrate.

the barbarian charms are around a um each. Think in the trades are 40 pgems for a skill charms.

Leveling:

1 – 42 If you are a new player or is a ladder reset, no have problem, play normally. For easy leveling, i suggest have the angel set and the full death set. You note you have at the same time two whole sets when kill anything in normal an medium nightmare in low multiplayer games. I suggest stay killing meph and ball runs for get better items ( chance guards, etc ) and stay in normal until 45.

43-50
      Probably in 43 you have some pgems, if not have aldur weapon, get two. Check are THREE sockets, i waste two lems in 2 sockets mace. Can use at 42 without fill the socket at 42, but is better have the sockets with the items you want, is easy and dumb waste runes. Socket when you have the items for fill the socket. If u find lem or trade for it, can put at 43 and a wealth. I suggest the items in the last part of the guide, but recommend aldur boots for the high availibity, resistances, and bonuses with the aldur maces.

In 43 you can use the lawbringer runeword.

Axes route have a little adventage with the coldkill hatchets; are low level. I suggest socket with amns and have a decent weapon for end game, can upgrade too.

If u use decent gear, can reach nightmare travincal at 47 level. Some well known items, as the crown of thieves, infernostride boots and dwarf stars are valuable but no necessary. You need really res to fire, and high life; you want have the extra life when fight to fire enchanted.

Aldur boots give 44% fire res , and get a boost for dual aldur weapons, 30 str and 15 dex.

Try to max resistance to fire, sometimes i use a low arreat , but rockstopper or others can help. If u use the dual sets for levelling ( angel + death) pump Natural Resistance better. Don Pump Excessive. I like hace IK full set as a bonus, normally three REAL points in NR are enough.

If u use the recommend setup you have around:

1000~ life
      70~ fire resistance
      23~ ll
      10~ ml

Council easely dispatched, be alert or FE guys. My first try give me whistan ward, alibaba and jade figurine, 56000~ gold pieces but no much gf equipped. My char was using two dwarfs, two 225 aldur maces , a rare belt with 78% gf and 24 FHR and life, and a 69 amu. I trade later and get a 70% GF belt with resists and FHR, is my hell belt now.

Easily without lost killing power i can put 650 more, for the lemkotir, chancies and COH. Have in stash a 160 gheed with 30 MF. Really you not go for high mf, and get a high gold low mf gheed is not difficult.

Notes :

1) My killing power not be affected for the masteries, and with the setup and easy items a barb can be goldfinder reasonable well. Need check with a barb with 1 frenzy point only.

2) Aldur boots are not bad, but for a aldur goldfinder barb are excellent. 40 FRW, 44 fire res and high dex and str. need check what pass if i use wolfhowl for fit the theme =)

3) For the slot boots i lost 80% gf, but is equivalent to 1 of the six lem of the weapons. Easy of get, and if i put 4 sc 11% fire res, a mere 40% gold in boots are enough, but is more easy get aldur boots and weapon than 4 11 sc of fireres

4) Is doable untwinked. My items were a gift for nightmare council over time. Anyway is quick if u have items.

2. Ortzg

Ortzg IncGamers Member

Levels 60-76

When i do this, not use the remaining skill(19) and stat points(100~), but many players want max battle orders.

I Go nightmare baals and take more notes. In many of the baal runs no sorc, and i can go lightsabre way. In 58 i put the two and no problem with black souls gloams, using too a thundergod vigor for strength. Minions go out for the low level battle orders, and i can tank pretty well with aldurs. Anyway Lightsabres are weapons of sword route, can use too a huge undead weapons ( aldurs filled with eld are ok) Some time one of the minions / 4th wave guy / come stone skin and other leaves. With the Ed damage to demons, no problem, but was something slow, was raised for a 6 player game. make liberal use of Battle cry. I kill alone lister minions and no problem again, some emergency red potions, but was all. Lister give me a 12/99 COT =)

I not recommend swords but if is your way, doit. All my next chars was planned around maces, except a Ball hell killer ( axes )

When i was level 60, have this setup

Helm 12/99 lemmed crown of thieves.
    Amu: rare ( see note later)
    weapon dual aldur lemmed.
    aldur boots
    dual dwarf stars
    ik gloves and belt because:
    armor lemkotir i have in other char. 158 str req, i need tweak a little for strenth before muleing the right thing.

Note: my first attempt with lemkotir and COT give me a yellow amulet:
    8 dex
    4 mana
    cold/fire/poison 18 each
    lightining 44
    gold +54%

i mule my 69% blue amulet.

current stats with these items and lousy charms:

resistences: 75/25/75/6 ( gold fire and lighting )
    strength:171 (blue)
    dexterity 201(blue)
    vitality 100 white
    energy 10 white

life 710 - 1039 with BO
    mana 109 - 200 aprox with BO

Skills items : NONE

distribution:
    Combat : 20 frenzy, one point all others, minus whirlwind.
    masteries 7 points ( 3 main masteryes and zero in non usual weapon)
    warcry: 1 point in six first, 7 in BO.
    unused :19 skills 60 stats.

My life is low, i am thinking in no go more with warcryes, only one point in find item, i want to 5 points.

The idea of a basiner of use the pally scepter is excellent, i can stash the crushflanged, but think in use as i have, amned, no lemmed. Can be used with other pallys. In the bottom i comment some about these weapon. I repeat, check the Strength runeword, is cheap and good.

Crushflanged have resistances, and is good idea upgrade a pair. Need socket for AMN, but get resistances. Crushflanged are ebtter than gansher and rixot ( axe and sword versions ), but are doable with strength runeword. I use crushflanged in maces, and strength in other routes.

Without masteries can kill very efficient, no problem with low life. The apparent deal is how far can go with these weapons or the runemasters ( in trade each are around a pul ). Th runemasters can be my high str req, but i like have IK set too in this type of barb, and pump to 165 natural strength.

The lightsabres was poor against my main weapons, aldur and crushflanged. For killing GLOAMS in nightmare i use a extra pair of Aldur weapons, filled with eld. Maybe in sword route can get two azurewraths and check, but are 85 level and i use more frostwind; anyway for inmunes i have elemental weapon in stash, but .. lwbringer again. More cheap and quick to get.

The first time i come here point, the 19 unused skill points give me one consideration about the one thing i need: FI was in level 1. I try later and level 72 for ettin axes and not spend more skill points than 3 in FI, because i go to be a IK barb too and full set give me much skills. When i max mastery ( normally mace ), need choose what max later. Iron Skin fit better and not need recast, is not much friendly but more secure. And can be useful in ik or aldur mode.

For kill you want change some items. One of my nightamre surprises was make a experiment and put dual Nord trendizer. WOW ROCKS !!! The nord freeze monster, give crowd control and make hugh elemental damage. And more cheaper than dual doom runewords, too. Later always go to socket with other char and put AMNS. Is obvious are not good weapons for goldfind. But, staying alive you not spend gold in deads.

Berserker go ik style and give me sinergy with frenzy, is the offenisve aproach and the iron skin is the deffensive side, other option is concentrate for a bull defense barb, but is not recommended because frenzy is the way to use the dual weapon. Maybe u can use WW but is not my way. Aldur weapon is good in mana leech but bad in damage and range for WW. Sword Route is better for WW, more weapons have mana leech, BUT remember aldur have dual leech AND sockets.

REMEMBER, this was a build of a NO STANDARD Barb, focused in nightmare Goldfinder; he can be a levelling standard procedure for nightmare and a versatile hero. Recommended For Mace Barbs. If you go Hell, recommend use AXE mastery instead.

In the past i learn the following:

1) Lemmed aldur are equivalent to alibaba at level 60 , but with damage demons and Godly leech more quickly. Really, with max mastery and sinergys can do enough damage to kill anything but not at the same speed. Playable Tough.
    2) Aldur Weapon can make decent damage, and not need masteries to kill NM Council. If max masteries, can go to mid hell.
    3) Aldur have not MF but have a bonus if u use aldur boots, and the life leech and damage demons is good. Can be configurable.
    4) In low levels, before 50, need other weapons to kill lister ( monster level relation )
    5) Frenzy is good, but have problems with crowd control sometimes. You need COLD or FI. Try psaphires in aldur weapons if have not nords and surprise yourself. ( thul are not the best option )
    6) Using same item in two hands is better, no worry about what is left and what is right.
    7) because low life i dead for FE Bug. More life is better, but you can making a TITAN too in the same char.

When i put all the remaining points in life, have no problem with FE BUG at 7 cry who raises life

Now the experiments tell me many things:

1) The Baranar stars are not recommended for physycal immunes; are MUCH SLOWEST than aldur.
    2) Baranar show in inventory similar to aldur, is easy make an error. Need 153 str too. ( can name the baranar ) If use, socket with SHael and not amns.
    3) Aldur simply have problems killing gloams ( alma negra ) or physical immune Undeads. Have berserker and nord, but aldur itself cant doit, you can with two three eld aldur. Are cheap anyway.
    4) In killing power over time, aldur lemmed is equivalent to nord, BUT more survability for the increased leech.
    5) Can use the availibity of aldur weapon for make alternate weapons, cheap baranar, more leech, etc.
    6) In multiplayer nightmare baal runs you need more killing power than aldur for increased life. Using runemasters or nord trendizer dont matter.
    7) Using crushblowing as second pair weapons, you can quickly kill, but dont matter your strength. If you are smart, use upgraded crushflanges (mace route) or dual strength runewords, check the stats.
    8) without masteries Dual Runemaster are great and have good killing power, BUT have not leech, and not elemental damage. In solo mode Enough power to kill anything ( lister hell fall reasonable with 1 point axe mastery ), but in multiplayer need other weapons, nord or crushing blow. Can kill in hell without mastery, but slowly.
    9) Using the paladin scepter heaven light ( 33 CB% each and two sockets, mine amned ) you can make a customizable weapon. Poor man use crushflanges and amn tir runeword.
    10) with a 33-40% each hand CB + Gore/Goblin + Duress can make a good clone killer.
    11) Lightsabre ARE NOT for this build. Only kill gloams, but no extra damage to demons. If go sword way, use better frostwind, you have artic blast and a good speed. ( i suggest amn )

If u want be a kill unstoppable machine, is possible but need NOT be a Goldfinder at the same time. Can be the same char but other setup. In hell is better use Axes than maces, but maces are doable. If u are using runemasters, use axe mastery, is the common sense.

Special Note 1: If u want resistances in hell, and go mace route... can try GRISWOLD SET !!! Dual 4 socket lemmed, and crown and armor. Use dracul gloves, or dual carrion winds rings. Gris set not need shael in weapon for max speed.
    Special Note 2: For Get Lem runes the common knowledge is kill countess hell, nightmare hell forge quest, or trade. I mule all normal and superior gems, and cube later; each 40 worth a um, 4 worth a ist, and each ist worth 14 lem. I made many trades IST for a dozen+2 lems, and really only need farm normal gems. I made this trades in USEAST and EUROPE
    Special Note 3:Sometimes is difficult with socketed aldur or socketed runemaster see what you put in. I use the nihtlak naming quest, for easy recognition; anyway i suggest not use pair of similar rings, or similar weapons without naming it.
    Special Note 4:Remember the council have resistance to fire; use fire damage is no Smart except in Djinn Slayer swords. If u ask i think coldkill hatchet(upgrade), nord trendizer and frostwinds are the best options, certainly you shatter corps, but stay alive and slow them too
    Special Note 5:The unique source of huge elemental damage in axes, are gimmershred throwing axes.

Mysetup killing machine ( in nightmare ).

1) Gloves ik set gloves and belt. Give resistances and IAS.
    2) Goblin boots
    3) Lemkotir armor ( duress fit better, but can kill without them )
    4) dual Carrion Wind rings. Useful for IK, can be cathan or a good rares.
    5) COT helm, 12% ll
    6) Dual Nords Amned . I not use the CB except stone skin or very rare monsters.
    7) Amulet. Using a 2 skill barb with 21 str. Mara or Highlord can be better.
    8) I mule too a Dracul, metalgrid ( for golem ) and wolfhowl. Not necessary anyway.

When i get level 76 i pump strength until 165 natural to be capable of use a IK Full Set, use remaining skill to mace mastery ( 19 ), level to 3 the Natural resistance, 3 the find items, and all other points in iron skin ( 10% def each point ).

Main atack in ik Mode: concentrate ( level 10 for adders , 1 point really). Alternate weapon Nord. Is viable making similar in axe mode for the damage to demons; my flux style 1.09 magic finders was more sucefully with AXES.

Axe mode note: At the first glance the DEATH runewords are bad. Check again. If u can get one as a loan, try it. Some players say me a OATH dual axes are good for the elemntal damage slot. I check later.

Need check if nightmare viable with 1 point frenzy ( next experiment ) without masteries

But, if u want go hell, go.

Hell mode

When you go to hell, find a new whole world. The main problem are resistances. Using charms can get full ressistances, but the equipment here is mandatory. Stash the dwarf stars, use carrion winds. Not only other damage sources and leech, you get 100% poison resistance.

Crushflange HAVE resistance to fire, 50% each. Can use it for free some inventory, and upgraded can kill at good pace. I think one low unique swords have similar stats. For kill machine mode, a guy say me he use axe masteried dual runemasters with jewels of individual 30% resistances aprox. Not bad, 150% / 4 damage typs, aprox 37% resistances each weapon. Anyway, this suggest me to try later a dual silences weapon ( dual HOTO are other options but think are low damage, and have not lem ).

Second problem : AR. If u are using the weapon class of your mastery, no much problem. If not, use in battle mode ik pieces; high elemental damage, enchant and ar. If u have not the IK armor, use a high resistance, upgraded goldsikin fit the theme, but lionheart , tal rasha armour or duriel shell can doit. If your defense is low, go berseker route instead ironskin. Shout is party firendly , doable and good but need recast.

Suggested battle mode hell:

Ik set with dual runemasters, dual carrion wind, and a amu +str +2 barb skills. With immunes you can use nord instead, and berserker with really bad champions.

If you are using a weapon with mastery, you go medium speed. If have other mastery and good items can be good speed, but as a melee character, your kiling power is item dependent. In the most cases, i not use full ik and better other weapons. Its solo doable, anyway.

If your goal is kill Hell baal, i suggest you use tal belt armor and helm, two runemasters, an amu with skills and needed attributes, and a pair of nagels/wisp projectors. I usually have 670% mf and full resistances with empty stash.

In hell act two, run and run. Put find item in the right botton, and hork every corpse, dont need kill them twice... and can get a hellslayer as i =) U can use a nature peace in this act, or hork for potions, or again, use lawbringer.

Killing act 3 travincal is relatively risky, because if u use the goldfind setup have low resistances. My solution was upgrade the crown of thieves (Not do it, need 170 str and only give u 10% more def) and change the base type of lemkotir to better def and use ironskin and battlecry. You use MANY purples, but can do it, if u was a hyrbid singer is more easy, but need a well equiped merc. If u dont want use too the IK set have more life. In money i get around 300-400k each run without selling items ( my stash is near full allways ), but for speed and efficient i do better in nightmare. With singer specific setup i can get 700-800k each run, but need good equipment ( see charms section )

Use Battle Cry often, is the warcry to lower the enemy damage and defence. If you are using merc, the freeze aura can help you more than others. Shattered, buy tou alive. Might Merc can kill itself, put a upgraded weapon with amn and lem. Your merc only stay alive if have uber items, or you down the stairs and go travincal .. slow. In a singer hybrid can use a high warcry for stun, and your merc can kill all the council.

You can kill meph without problems, use the flux technique. Run center , leap, and frenzy frenzy frenzy frenzy. The three council here give you same money and your merc is not swarmed as in travincal.

Act 4 is not much recommended because the IM, if want can put then the full IK set and go berserker. The carrion wind are useful here because the vulpine atribute. Mana burns are not problem, let the monsters hit you and you have full blue ball in a second. Your mf is low, your killing speed is slow, what are u doing here ? ( if u are using a lawbringer no much problem anyway )

Act5 is easy and i suggest change the IK gloves for a dracul or a LOH, and use the frenzy speed to run and leap. I hurt a monster and run, no kill and no stopping. Hork all monsters you kill or can be resurected and you are a dead barb.

One of the beauties of the runemasters is the CBF, normally when i fight lister i use dual runemasters with all amns, and my merc can kill some, my ar is low, but is the monster level relation.

My merc in nightmare is not needed, but be a meat shield in hell. I use a might act 2 merc, but a defiance merc is useful too. I put as weapon a hari sundan, a eth Crown of thieves and lemkotir, and in the time go upgrade the merc too, but now with yari i can use amns or lems for goldfind. Maybe better is one amn two lems.

Remember, you need two of each weapon.

The next table is a guide, no a law. I deliberated ignore some as hellplague , rusthandle or pompeios wrath. If u think i miss something, tell me.

Weapons suggested poor man :
    Sword route : amn tir, upgraded lemmed alibabas or djinslayers, spirit runeword
    Axes route: strength runeword coldkill hatchet, lemmed runemasters
    Maces: crushflanged, strength runeword, aldur weapons ( customize )

Weapon suggested average player:
    Sword route: amn tir, lightsabre, lemmed alibabas, frostwind/lawbringer
    Axes : strength runeword, customized runemaster ( 1 shael, 1 amn, eth eth eth ) upgraded coldskill or dual gimmershred
    Maces : nord trendizer or baranar, crushflanged or strength black runeword, customized aldurs.

Weapon suggested confort player:
    Sword route: upgraded crescent blood or upgraded customized alibabas, amntir, frostwinds, dual silence
    Axes : customized axes, amn tir, maybe death runeword axes, dual gimmershred
    Maces : dual lemmed griswold caduceus, customized heaven light, nord tendizers

Weapon suggested insanely rich or cheaters
    Sword route : dual botd, dual lemmed alibabas, some high and fast leech
    Axes : dual botd or doom runewords, customized axes, some crushblow, isted runemasters.
    Maces: dual griswold caduceus customized, lemmed caduceus, amned caducedus, isted caduceus

Other items:
    Battle mode: ik pieces or high resistance. Maybe talrasha belt, mask and armor.

Rings: dual dwarf stars, dual carrion wind
    Amu: can be mara, but a good 2 rare amu with strength is better.
    Boots: infernostride or aldur boots.

If possible Have in stash a dracul or soul drainer, and Laying of Hands.
    I Have four IK helms. One for speed ( 15 ias *2 ) , one for FHR (shaels) and one for LEM andother with UMS. The four was added because someday i get six champions pack with conviction in a row.

If u want go to hell mf, use tal rasha combo, or have a weapons with resistances.

Socket advice in weapons: amn or shael in this order except i say other thing in the guide.

helms and weapons: Lem

Breakpoints, thank to thrugg:

I get a level 27 frenzy and with ettin axes, you can get 7 frames with a shael in a weapon, if want more speedput more shaels or ias in the ik helm.

Personally i think is enough at 7 frames, and use a mix of runes in the remaining sockets : eth or amn, in 4 socket runemasters. Maybe is worth a experiment with puls, but i kill very good without them ( is funny see the efect in undeads of a berserker attack runemaster with 5 eld )

3. Ortzg

Ortzg IncGamers Member

2.0 Paladin2.1 Offensive Paladin
    2.2 Defensive Paladin
    2.3 Combat Paladin
    2.4 Suggestion: Griswold goldfinder

2.0 The paladin have too many options and can have too many variants; Principally Zealots, Smiters, Avengers and Hammerdins. Pallys can ne a powerful hybrid, and one of the more resistant. IMHO, are the more capable of hell goldfindind, but need one expensive item ( in useast are not too much expensive, europe yes ). The pally have the adventage of four socket shields, and they can have all lems, then is nor difficult get a 4 shield with lems, and a 5 socket runeword in the other hand, all lemmed. Can use a runemaster 5 socket , or griswold caduceus with 4 sockets.

2.1 Offensive Paladin.

The offensive paladin can have 9 GC with more offensive damage, and be useful for avengers or for Fanatic Zealot/Smiters/Chargers. If suggest use a good one hand items , runemaster 5 sockets, or better the griswold caduceus. I not suggest use lemkotir armor, is better use a lemmed griswold, and are not expensive. You can make the lawbringer weapon, and is a good weapon for zealot or charger. They help you if use sanctuary, in pindlegarden or in cementary in act one. In all cases i suggest a HF freeze merc, or a defiant merc.

2.2 Defensive Paladin

The defensive pally is meanly a high defence one, or a healer. Can be a undead killer too, at the same time. If is the case, i suggest have a undead damage gloves. Thar are the least common type of goldfinders.

2.3 combat paladin

I think if u have 10 combat charms, no need for make goldfind. Are better for a hammerdin, but, if u have, i suggest use a smiter griswold pally.

2.4 Suggestion: Griswold goldfinder.
    The reason for use a griswold goldfinder, are simple. Heavy Sockets. The shield is a good one for smiter, and u can make many setups. We can use at the same time 8 sockets with lem = 400 GF, and in weapon other 300. But, if you are smiter, need dracul for stay alive in hell. Then a good boots can give u the specific resistances you need, and can get a good rare amulet. I have one with teleport, goldfind 72% and +2 pally. Then , without charms can have this: 700 griswold + 70 medium goldwrap + 70 medium boots + 200 dual dwarf stars + your ammy = 1150 without charms.

With charms you can get a maximum of 160 in gheed and 9 * 40 grand charms + 10 * sc = 660 maximum, 600 realistic. 1800 goldfind with full resistances. Yo go mainly with salvation for resistances, or fanatism to smite in speed.

I have in stash a goblin for KB, and the expensive item is a ber*4 4s caduceus, this setup can give u around 1400 goldfind with 100% KB and good smiter. This is the expensive item, in useast heach ber are around 4 ist and in europe around 5 EACH. You can go without this weapon.

My griswold goldfinder is pure smiter with high defense, and have in stash these setup:

1) griswold armor, shield and helm soled. Is for survability, you have then around 50 PDR, and not expensive. I use a string ears in these setup.

2) magicfinder mode. Same but With ists. You can have ist in weapon and shield, and ptopazes in amror and helm.

Items to have in stash: extra pdiamonded shield. Some big all resistances charms can give u survability.

Pros: No need really skill charms, can go with plain ones and kill quickly in hell travincal.

Against; Need three griswold in this char. Really is a super specific fana zealot/smiter.

==================================================================================================

3.0 The AmaZon.
    3.1 The passive Zon
    3.2 The Bowazon
    3.3 the Javazon

3.0 Many of u may not think in an amazon as a good goldfinder. The amazon are the more capable to massive killing in some areas: The bowazon in Act 4 and diablo, and the Javazon in Cows. With some specific charms, you can be one of the safest... but for a price. You can do a decent goldfinder with a pure dexazon, but I suggest you have 110 Strength at base. If dexazon can use in that case the mavina gloves who have 56% gloves, in other case, use chances or crafted.

3.1 The passive zon, or tankzon is a zon hevaly focused in melee combat and D/A/E. The main problem is the slowest in killing. If u have ten passives with % gold, better use it in an bowazon. You can killing as melee but slowly. In that case, use a troll nest unique shield, and use three lems, or make a rhyme shield. For weapon, i suggest a 5 socket runemaster or a three lemmed aldur weapon, because you need the life leech. May be the safest char of all, but slowest. Other really good option is a lawbringer rune word in a phase blade, have leech and some gold, and some useful mods. Passion Phase blade is a good solutions for immunes, and i suggest use a Holy Freeze merc, or a rogue for immunes.

3.2 Bowazon The bowazon have a powerful options available. The best item here is an ICE Grand Matron Bow or a matriarchal ICE. You can get around 300% gold, and using a lemkotir, dwarf stars, and Crown Of Thieves, can have around 20% LL. You need an amulet with mana leech or use a meditation weapon in your merc. ( better i think ). The ideal setup here , IMHO, is have a good guided arrow, and many small charms of cold damage with GF as a second mod.

I choose always the physical branch because the multi ans strafe, with cold charms, are always safe, but you can use the more powerful arrow of the cold branch. Really i dont like it, but if u use a passion bow and not an ICE, can be useful.

I never tryed the fire branch in a goldfinder, but think is doable and good for PI.

3.3 The javazon. Is better use is in cows. You have not the massive gf of the weapon, but use a Tarnhelm with lem is better for your skills and kill damage, with a rhyme or lemmed lidless or sigon, for skills again. Other oiption i use the troll nest unique shield with three sockets lemmed, and change the goldwrap for the thundergodvigor.

4.0 The druid
    4.1 the summoner
    4.2 the elementalist
    4.3 the shapeshifter.

4.0 The druid Maybe one weirdest goldfinder, but a good survivor too. The problem with the druid is where and how atack, and how not sacrifice the speed for the killing power. I begin when i get in some trades 4 low gold shapeshifter gold skill charms... and now is one of my better goldfinders, and fun to hell.

4.1 The summoner. Slowest. Think in him as a slow and young necro. Put a merc with thorns, and try have good mana because if u are in skill items mode, probably have low mana. Try it if you are pacient at extreme.

4.2 The elementalist. Not the better char because you have low skills. One option is make a hybrid with shapeshiftng and use the FULL aldur set. Reason is the bonus to damage weapon for the full set, and has damage to demons anyway, but can use caster setup with gf/mf, not much to say.

4.3 The Shapeshifter. Maybe is not a good choice at first glance. Make a powerful wolf with life, and play with a 5 socket runemaster and a three socket shield of rhyme. Is not bad idea using an aldur set, all lemmed. As a werebear, u need too much mana for shkcwave, then use the specific vine in that case. My Werewolf druid have too much life, too much hunger, and can kill council hell without much problem.

5.0 The Necromancer
    5.1 curses
    5.2 summoning
    5.3 poison and bone

5.0 The necromancer is effective with adventages and problems. The main problem is the need of bodys to begin in skelemenacer mode, but the advantage is the thorns fact. If you use the merc with thorns aura, when your skellies kill somebody with thirns, you get gf for your gear AND your merc.

5.1 curses Probably the less useful of the charms. Well, if you need choose between a 37% normal gc, and a 30% curses gf use the curses.. but no seek or trade for these , maybe can get for 3 pgems each.

5.2 sekelymancer is good, safest but slow. Is the more recommend for hardcore, and in the personal i use a lemmed leoric over alibaba, i want loss 100% gf and gain the skills. Same idea can be used in a eschuta of sorc.

5.3 Poison and bone. eally good and lethal in good hans, otherwise fragile. I get a rare with +2 poison bone and 80% gf =)

6.0 The Sorceress
    Not much to said, you aleady know what use. I suggest use a lidless with lem, or a three socket troll nest with an lemmed alibaba and tarnhelm. what novelty can be here ?

7.0 The assasin
    7.0 The assa is a very balanced build, but with a problem, need too much skills or too much specialized skills. Is the class what i play minus, but can be good in nightmare, i have not try in hell, yet.

7.1 Shadow

You can do much damage with your minion, but i suggest use some claws with three sockets and MA useful skills. I use one with +2 ammy and 79% goldfind, lemkotir , crown of thieves and infernostride. Very survabiliy but slow in kill, for me at least.

7.2 Traps

You cry for mana. Use a might or hf merc with meditaion aura. Ver quick to kill, use good weapons. I use an amu with more gold and mana, and need drink some pots. Quick.

7.3 Martial Arts.

Serious problem with the FE, try to maintanin 75% block. Is doable but medium speed. I try mainly because i have 9 MA GC skill around 240% gold.

4. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Dear god, points for effort but get a freaking proofreader, perhaps one that has something resembling a grip of the english language.

5. Ortzg

Ortzg IncGamers Member

my second langauge is english, sorry.

6. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Yeah, I gathered, I was poking fun a bit, but seriously you put a lot of effort into this, try to find someone who is a native english speaker to edit this to make it more understandable.

7. Sagilevi

Sagilevi IncGamers Member

now i read it...and it's very very good guide....thx:) i gonna open new barb gold finder...

my secend language is english too so i have little problem reading it but ok

8. Ortzg

Ortzg IncGamers Member

Thanks. Now my current Goldfinder are a synergized Poison Nova Necro with 10 charms of poison and GF modifier using the lemmed blackoag weapon, you cant beleive the quickly nightmare council die.

Other idea is a bowazon maxed the gold options and charm with gold and cold damage. Is a game versus forzen statues =)

9. Sagilevi

ahh..u can tell me plz what items u use and what base stat?
    thx
    by the way i have the artic bow for u free....just say acc

10. Ortzg

Ortzg IncGamers Member

The necro is in redoing, mainly because hi make him first max block and i go now for medium block and more life. Can show you the items i am using in USEAST Ladder and USeast NL, but in europe no much...

I seek u in some minutes as iceblink account.

11. Sagilevi

i have only europe account
    and the bow is in europe
    there are different between realms? (not in price...i mean in items use)
    if u use something in USeast so u'll use same in europe no?
    if so....u can tell me the items here? cuz i have'nt USeast account

12. Ortzg

Ortzg IncGamers Member

The items are teh same, but in useast are more cheapr the runes.. I play here too because the realm problems. Let me check and i print for you the screens of my necro in soem days when is finished, no have the right items in Europe now.

I go now for the bow =)

13. Sagilevi

decided to open warcry barb mf with low items
    2x wizardspike 'lem'
    Wealth runeword
    arreat 'lem'
    Infernostride
    Chanceguards
    amulet +3war cry with gf
    Ravenfrost + dwarf
    goldwrap

thx for help, what u say about the build?

14. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse IncGamers Member

My current setup MF% GF%:
    IK Helm/w 2x Lem 38 137
    Crafted Ammy 22 80
    Blade Of Ali Baba 80 350
    Wealth Runeword in Wyrmhide 100 300
    Blade Of Ali Baba 80 350
    Chance Guards Up'ed 40 200
    Dwarf 100
    Goldwrap Up'ed 30 78
    Dwarf 100
    War Traveler 35 0
    Switch 2x +3 warcries speares
    Switch Edge Hunter's Bow
    Switch Ammy +3 warcries
    Gheeds Charm 25 151
    Other Charms 50 280
    Total MF500 GF2126

Merc Setup:
    Eboth Great Poleaxe
    Eth 2877 def Fort Hellforge plate
    Crown of Thieves Not socketed with lem yet GF 80

My build lvl 80:
    Shout - 20
    Battle orders – 20
    War Cry – 20
    Find Item – 20
    Battle Cry – 5
    Natural Resist – 1
    Iron Skin - 1
    Battle Command - 1
    Find Potion - 1
    Howl - 1
    Taunt – 1
    Total: 91

My stats
    str: 80
    dex: base
    stam: 430ish
    energy: base

I do no damage with this build but that's what my merc is there for. I just try to group the council and keep as many as possible stunned while my merc cleans house.I average 600-1.2 mill a run and get set/uniq quite a bit. Then run to act 5 (because I like act 5) toss on the edge bow and gamble rings for ~35k and ammulets for ~45k

15. Ortzg

Ortzg IncGamers Member

Do u pump the Life, i suppose.. not have problems with the FE Bug ?

16. Crazyhorse

I end up with a little over 4k life and 6500ish def, resists are pretty low but with a few fire resist charms and the Dwarfs with absorbe I don't go down fast. Most of the time I just run in every 5 seconds and war cry twice to refrest the stun then run back out so my merc sux up all the damage. It's a fun setup but other than gold runs it's very gimped build.

17. Crazyhorse

Something strange happened last night. I was gambling and on screen were two rings and an ammy. I gambled the first ring and got a Natures Peace! I was happy as hell. So I gambled the second ring, a 9% Carrion Wind! I was like wow wonder what the amulet is! It was like +6 all resists or something like that. Still I have never gambled 2 uniq rings on one screen before so I was happy. Then I did another MF run and horked a eth Skullder’s only like 163% but it's still nice. :)

18. Sagilevi

ahh nice ^^ next time soj ah?
    what u say Ortzg and Crazyhorse about my build? any tips?

19. Ortzg

Ortzg IncGamers Member

Gratz CrazyHorse ... My strange gambled was a circlet +3 fire sorc and life leech who get two sockets. The strange thing is i sold a second ago a bad rare ammy for get the money =)

Sagilevi, you plain hell ? The problem i see is low LEMS in weapons, you have good resistances, but bad money factor...

20. Sagilevi

yes but i'll do hell fast cuz of much fire resist..absorb and max res

and...1000goldfind from items
    160 gheed and 4x 10gf sc
    mean 1200goldfind...in hell...fast..