Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dang that Chaos!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by pesot, Feb 8, 2004.

1. pesot

pesot IncGamers Member

Dang that Chaos!

After my previous post about a chaos claw, I've finally decide in making a chaos claw with a Feral Claw. Good balance of dmg and speed. However i'm quiet disappointed due to the fact that the 'chance to cast frozen orb' adds to casting delays. I can't do anything during this period. Almost died a couple of times when questing for Nihlathak in NM. I just sat there, can't attack a thing. And with all those idiot fetishes around, it's bloody dangerous. what a waste of a good um. why didn't anyone tell me this? :rant: Is it suppose to work that way, the 'chance to cast adding to delays', I mean?

but the WW is nice though. :xrollseye

2. Boddah_khan

Boddah_khan IncGamers Member

Waste of an Um? What about that Ohm? I'd be more upset about losing that. As for the casting delay, I vaguely remember hearing something about that. Not much you can do unless you want to switch claws. And remember that "Chance to cast" won't work with whirlwind if you like that function of the claw. Cheers!

3. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

don´t worry buddy, even i have found a UM so it can´t be that hard...

4. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

Um's an overrated rune anyway, matched by a 15% res all jewel in all but shields, and outdone by one with a second mod. The extra 4% in shields isn't exactly uber, too. :p Think there are other sought after runewords needing Um, though...

Does kicking work, or is it disabled just like claw attacks? I was thinking of a chaos WW assy too, with either a good kick or traps supporting. Well...

Oh, and Um's the highest rune i've ever found. Only one. And 5 Puls. meh. :lol:

5. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I thought you can still attack while in cast delay though, but all your attack just come as normal attack. Anyway that's my experience from beta days, might have been changed.

6. pesot

pesot IncGamers Member

I actually prize Um higher than an Ohm. I have 3 Ohm's in stock but only 2 Um's now. I don't actually use Ohm on it's own, but Um, I use a lot. Also, most of the new runewords requires an Um.

Chaos, i'm not making a ww Assn, just trying to get some new claws for her. That cruel runic talon from Anya isn't as cool anymore. I don't know about kicks, but when i use phnx strk and drgn claw, both skills are disabled during the orb casting. i didn't switch skills because i was surrounded by fetishes and the spiders poison was eating my life. i got a little panic. if your're planning on using ww, then i think there should be no problem since, 'chance to cast' is not triggered.

also, the 'unsummon' icon is no longer on the left click. that's something i didn't know either. well there goes the cheap tele for my assn. :rant: