Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DANCE! Just.... you know, not too much...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SomeCanadianGuy, Apr 1, 2004.

1. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

DANCE! Just.... you know, not too much...

Source

Sounds kinda familiar... Wasn't the downfall of professional sports in Baseketball blamed on the same kind of phenomenon? Weird... :scratch:

2. Night

Night IncGamers Member

Well that's dumb!
    The celebrations were funny :)
    (well, I can understand the hard objects rule but the rest...:\)

3. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

I thought they were stupid, teams would be losing and some random guy would make a decent play like tackling a full back (nothing special) and then jump up and do some kind of motion like cutting the throat, its inappropriate.

As well as stupid and unsportsman like. I pay to see the games, not the guys hot dog around like they are gods gift to the sport when there is always someone better...always.

4. thejdawg2

thejdawg2 IncGamers Member

I think this is a horrible decision. Whether the owners like it or not, theatrics brings viewers. By alienating those who watch for those theatrics, they are alienating at least a small portion of their viewers and more importantly, media attention.

5. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I thought they already did this a few years ago

6. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

Amen. And aside from this, it was mentioned on Around the Horn yesterday that they're thinking about making the penalty *25* yards in order to really send a message. Think about that. You can't get more than 15 yards for spearing someone in the back with your helmet, running the risk of paralysis.

It really makes me wonder how the NFL's priorities got so screwed up.

7. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

You will get exactly 0 yards penalty for that if you are on defense unless its the quarterback and he doesn't have the ball. On offense you get 5, 10, or 15 depending upon the refs view of it being illegal block, holding, chop block, clipping, etc.

If by spearing you mean running the top of the head (not the face mask) into the back then the person doing the spearing will probably have their neck broken...rule #1 of making hits, always have your face up.

8. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

You can easily get an unnecessary roughing penalty for leading with the helmet on a hit, and even a fine if the league thinks it's intended maliciously. And regardless of this fact, my point remains the same that you could never get a penalty for a vicious hit that would exceed the penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. And I think that's pretty awful.

9. superman22

superman22 IncGamers Member

i think this is completely stupid.

its like saying "dont let hocket players hit each other too hard, the kids might get influenced and want to do the same"

or

"dont let bball players make fancy moves and tricks, it makes the other person feel bad, and if kids do it, the other kids may have their feelings hurt.

ithink this whole thing is getting out of line.

football is a team sport. whats the harm in celebrating together? after practicing for a whole season, working their tails off, and wanting to celebrate together, for making a TEAM effort to score a touchdown, and not allowing them to celebrate together?

i just think the guys that made this decision need to take the stick, that is so snuggly wedged up........ ... out and leave this whole ordeal alone.

10. Kore

Kore IncGamers Member

Okay you may not enjoy it but if they just did something that they feel really good about why shouldn't they celebrate? And the fact that there are better players, doesn't that make what they achieved even better?