Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Damnation

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by BlueDogAnchorite, Nov 8, 2006.

1. BlueDogAnchorite

BlueDogAnchorite IncGamers Member

Damnation

I wanted to check something, so I minimised the game. However there were a couple of monsters about and so I had died by the time that I came back...

I died a few more times trying to kill the monsters around my body.
    I had a full inventory and not enough strength to equip my stuff (1 level higher and I would have use of the torch and I would have been fine)

I gave up trying to kill the monsters and just clicked all my corpses to get back the exp. I clicked my original one in the hopes that even if I couldn't pick up anything I would recover some exp. I did.

When I go to retrieve my corpse in the new game my amulet, 2 bk's, awesome rare boots (dual res, dex, frw, fhr) my 40 hoto and cta 5 are just not there....

What the ****!?
    I didn't have anything else equipped when I clicked, so what the hell happened? I'm very upset now, especially about those boots, I loved em.

2. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

Throughout your deed you have different items 'stored' in different bodies. When you save and exit, only the body with equipment with highest value in term of gold got saved and brought to the next game. That body happened not to be the one with those equipment you want most.

Sorry for your lost.

3. BlueDogAnchorite

I didn't click my original body until just before I left the game though..
    And I collected all of my corpses.

The only explanation is that I clicked the first body out of habit (I don't usually have that strength problem) and didn't remember it. I also must have missed a body...... ....... somehow.

GODDAMNIT I'M SOBER TODAY!

4. k/t

k/t Banned

This is required reading for all those who would vote for the guy whose platform is "I am drunk".

5. BlueDogAnchorite

But I really was sober.
    If I had been drunk, I may done a rain dance and i'm positive that the celestial beer gods would have peed down many a zod rune pon' my brow!

6. Z-Suijin

Z-Suijin IncGamers Member

Rottten luck man...sorry for your losses.

I personally leave the game and come back (if its an option) as soon as I die. I am to paranoid a person, I am always afraid that my body will pop or I will not get my items back if I die more then once.

Z-Suijin