Damn it Pat. We need to stop this now...

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
Damn it Pat. We need to stop this now...

So... this is the second time in weeks that I´ve read a piece written by Pat Buchanan and gone: Hmmm... yeah... you´re right Pat.

This is seriously starting to freak me out. Either something is horribly wrong with my brain or there is something horribly wrong with the world, and I can´t for the life of me tell which of those two it is...

Here are a few teasers. I could quote and comment on every paragraph of this review, but that would take a long, long time, and I want to go sleep in a little while, so I won´t. Quotes...

Pat said:
[N]o nation can “end evil.†Evil has existed since Cain rose up against his brother Abel and slew him. A propensity to evil can be found in every human heart. And if God accepts the existence of evil, how do Frum and Perle propose to “end†it? Nor can any nation “win the war on terror.†Terrorism is simply a term for the murder of non-combatants for political ends.
Yeah... brings to mind the age old (it feels like) question: why not declare a war on violence?
Could this be nothing but fluffy rhetoric? Noooo... Perle wouldn´t go there.

Pat said:
Bush’s father made Hafez al-Assad an ally in the Gulf War. Ehud Barak offered Assad 99.5 percent of the Golan Heights. Why, then, must Bashir Assad’s regime be destroyed—by us?

“We don’t have much time,†say Frum and Perle. But what is Assad doing that warrants immediate attack? Is he, too, buying yellowcake from Niger?
On second thought... there´s really no need for comments on these. They stand pretty much on their own.

Pat said:
Is the Perle-Frum vision for the suffering people of North Korea a future of freedom and democracy? Not exactly:

It may be that the only way out of the decade-long crisis on the Korean peninsula is the toppling of Kim Jong Il and his replacement by a North Korean communist who is more subservient to China. If so, we should accept that outcome.

Swell. America is to fight a second Korean War that could entail a nuclear strike on our troops, but, when we have won, we should accept a communist North Korea that is a vassal of Beijing. How many dead and wounded are our AEI warlords willing to accept to make Pyongyang a puppet of Beijing?
And I´m even getting sick of posting these quotes... That´s how lazy and tired I am. Read the article. It´s a review of the book An End to Evil: How to Win the War on Terror by David Frum and Richard Perle. It´s awesome and it´s written by Pat Buchanan. I know... It´s freaky how someone like Pat can suddenly seem like one of the few remaining voices of reason to someone like me, but apparently that´s how things are... don´t ask me why. And so on...

http://www.amconmag.com/3_1_04/cover.html

This has got to stop.

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Man, that's a good article. He really shuts those guys down.

If all their articles are as good as that, maybe I should bookmark that page or something . . .

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
SaroDarksbane said:
If all their articles are as good as that, maybe I should bookmark that page or something . . .
Don´t do it man... that´s one evil site. It´s just slightly less evil than Perle, who is UBAR EVOL!!!11

Painman

Diabloii.Net Member
Bookmark this page instead, it's Pat's proper home page.

Pat's still whacko IMO on some fronts, most notably social issues, but he makes heaps of sense on many others.