Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Damage/Which is a better weapon

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by markkski, Jun 21, 2005.

1. markkski

markkski IncGamers Member

Damage/Which is a better weapon

Hope that this is the right place to post this...

My merc currently has a Reaper's but I recently found an Etheral Bonehew. I know that the Etheral Bonehew will do much more damage, but what about the other stats on the Reaper's and Bonehew? How do modifiers like Ignore Target's Defense and Deadly Strike affect the damage/usefulness of the weapon?

2. KillJoyBob

KillJoyBob IncGamers Member

ITD does work but only on "normal" monsters, it doesn't effect uniques, champions, or bosses. DS does indeed effect your merc's damage output.

The reason Reaper's Toll is so popular for mercs is not it's damage output (although it's not bad). The high chance to cast Decrepify is what makes it the ideal merc weapon. That modifier alone is a PI solution, as well as very good crowd control.

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

If you are a necromacer, then you will most likely NOT want Reapers to constantly overwrite whatever curse you are using. Also, if you are a melee character depending heavily on life tap from Exile or Dracul's, Reapers can be straight out suicide at times.

Also, certain builds have other alternatives for merc weapons, such as those using Infinity or Pride (wasn't Pride the concentration polearm??)

Then again, a few builds abandon mercs because they only get killed all the time.. *cough* sorc running *cough* mephisto.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

heh i was wondering why i was only getting 40% hit rate vs ancients last night.

5. chosen_one

chosen_one IncGamers Member

Try to get an eth reapers toll.... pritty good merc wep... unless u can afford a botd or (on ladder) an eth infinity.