Damage to Mana

Reddington

Diabloii.Net Member
Damage to Mana

I found the Angelic Wings Amulet w/ 20% Damage goes to Mana. I just wanted to be sure, this means that when I get hit 20% of the damage I take will be deducted from my mana pool rather than my health pool?

Emerald Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Reddington said:
I found the Angelic Wings Amulet w/ 20% Damage goes to Mana. I just wanted to be sure, this means that when I get hit 20% of the damage I take will be deducted from my mana pool rather than my health pool?
No no no, you got it all wrong. It means when you get hit, the number thats 20% of the damage taken is added to your mana pool.

So if you got hit for 100 damage, your mana would replenish by 20.

For example, my pvm ww barb has 30% damage goes to mana. So when I whirl through a pack of monsters, and one of them has mana burn, I dont get out of my whirl with 0 mana. How many of you with pvm ww barbs have whirled through a pack, emerge with no mana, then get your head bashed in because you cant whirl again and your surrounded?

When I whirl, monsters that hit me refill my mana sphere, so I can whirl again and again.

greatrambino1981

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow. I thought it worked that way too. The wording could be a little clearer i guess. It's kinda like a messed up backwards ML. Huh. Cool, thanks for clarifying for me too.

Emerald Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member
In Laymens Terms.

Thrugg hits you for 100 damage.

You have 20% D.G.M.

You get 20 mana added to your mana sphere.

Pwn Thrugg for getting in your face.

Simple.

Bullet-Tooth Tony

Diabloii.Net Member
Just don't make a common mistake - DGTM mod DOESN"T REDUCE THE DAMAGE YOU RECEIVE.
If you have 20% DGTM, you get hit for 100 (after all reistances, absorbs, etc.), your helath decreases by 100, and not 80. But you'll get 20 points to mana.