%damage to demons stacks?

jincuteguy

Diabloii.Net Member
%damage to demons stacks?

Does +% damage to demons stacks? For example im using Laying of hands and Chains of Honor armor,

Logic_X

Diabloii.Net Member
eh...I haven't been around for a while (comp problems, still having problems with this one, but yea - it's at least running now - getting one in a month or so, so I can redo these then probably).

1.09 Attack Damage Formulae:

[(Base Weapon Damage * Ethereal Modifier)*(%ed on weapon)+Magical ED Modifier + Min|Max boost on weapon)]

Ethereal Modifier:
Non-ethereal item = 1
Ethereal item = 1.5

Magical ED modifier is from if the weapon has an ED modifier on it or not (not from jewels, runes, etc.)
Object with ED% = +1
Object w/o ED% = +0

To Find how much a rune/jewel will add to a weapon:

[(Base Weapon Damage * Ethereal Modifier)*(%ed on rune/jewel)+Min|Max Boost on weapon)]

This is added on seperate to innate bonuses.

Superior = a %ed mod, it does not effect the base weapon damage until the "*%ed on weapon" stage.

To Find your final damage:

Total of All above = Weapon Display Damage

+% Damage vs Demons - Added in with "non-weapon" %ed
+% Damage vs Undead - Added in with "non-weapon" %ed

Special Modifier =
1 for Normal Hit
2 for Critical Hit
.75 for Multishot

Elemental Modifier =
0 for Normal Attack
1+%modifier from "Sorceress Masteries"

Stat modifiers = The bonus from stats for a specific type of weapon.
Standard Melee: Strength/100
Bows: Dexterity/100
Heavy Hammers (Legendary Mallet, Thunder Maul, Ogre Maul): (1.1*strength)/100
Amazon Class Spears: (0.8 * strength + 0.5* dexterity)/100
Claws, Daggers, and thrown weapons[Strength + Dexterity]*.75)/100

Formula:
[(Weapon Display Damage)+(Non-Weapon +Min|Max)]*(Stat Modifier + %ed non-weapon & skills + 1)* special modifier+[elemental damage * (elemental modifier+1)]

convert all %s to decimals for this formula. (ie 250% = 2.5)

---------------

Chances are the current formula is similar to that, discrepencies in damage (minor) are caused by truncating of decimals at certain points - this formula is for a quick plug, you are better off looking at Tommi's site or other similar sites if you want to get the EXACT numbers. (this is usually only off by less than a fraction of a %)

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Logic_X said:
Magical ED modifier is from if the weapon has an ED modifier on it or not (not from jewels, runes, etc.)
Object with ED% = +1
Object w/o ED% = +0
That was for 1.09. 1.10 no longer factors that +1 to base dmg in anymore.

Logic_X

Diabloii.Net Member
heh...I need to start rebuilding my info base -_-.....it's so freakin out of date :p

Nice to see ya again anywho RTB :).

vdzele

Diabloii.Net Member
So if I have Laying of hands (350% Damage vs Demons) and I have displayed total phys damage 100, how much will my waepon do against demos.

a.100 X 3.5 = 350

b.100 X 4.5 = 450

do these modifiers realy work in 1.10 and do they work with mana/life stealing.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Laying of Hands has +350% dmg to demons, so it's the second: 450 dmg.

These modifiers work in 1.10 (IIRC one of the few that were never bugged), and work with leech.

Logic_X said:
Stat modifiers = The bonus from stats for a specific type of weapon.
Standard Melee: Strength/100
Bows: Dexterity/100
Heavy Hammers (Legendary Mallet, Thunder Maul, Ogre Maul): (1.1*strength)/100
Amazon Class Spears: (0.8 * strength + 0.5* dexterity)/100
Claws, Daggers, and thrown weapons[Strength + Dexterity]*.75)/100
These divisions are rounded to single percentages, ie. 250,5% rounds down to 250% or 2.50 in your formula. Also, strength and dex divisions are handled independantly (sp?), so for amazon class weapons it would be like this:
[(0.8 * Str)/100] + [(0.5 * Dex)/100)]

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB, I think vdzele was asking if LoH gives 350% of his total damage - just want to be clear that it does not do that.
It gives +350% of the weapon damage, ie what appears on your weapon (not your character screen). It also gives +350% of any +max or +min sources you have.

Logic_X

Diabloii.Net Member
Weapon * ( 1 + %ed vs demons + %skills + statboost + %ed non-weapon)

so a 100 damage weapon, and +350% ed vs demons LoH would be (basically):

100 * ( 1 + 3.5 ) = 450.

You basically need 2 major totals to determine your general damage:
(variable A)on weapon ed%, +dmg, etc. (this total is displayed in the hover text shown by putting your cursor over the item)
(variable B)off weapon ed%, +dmg, etc. (this is skill %ed, stat %ed, %ed jewels in armor +dmg in armor, and +%ed vs X, among other things)

The displayed amount in your character screen is the amount of damage you will do vs a "non-specific" - ie "animal" class enemy.

so to repeat it in reference to what I just said above:

Variable A * Variable B = damage estimate.

-----

If you want to know the limit on damage vs a demon....I do believe, without crushing blow, the 1.09 total was somewhere around 100k damage or something with a maul assassin.