Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Damage taken goes to mana

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Harleyquin, May 6, 2005.

1. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

Damage taken goes to mana

I've never really understood this mod, currently using an upgraded nightsmoke for the resistances and this mod appears on the belt. Everytime I'm hit the blue swirly appears over the character's head. Could someone tell me what this mod does exactly?

Another point, since I started using this belt I was killed twice by fire-enchanted monsters. I'm hoping the mod isn't bugged to deal me extra damage, either that or it's because fire resist went down to 65 from 75 before changing the belt.

2. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Mana mana...doo doo doo doo do

Instead of losing life to damage done by enemies, you lose mana (but only a percentage thereof...37% damage to mana means 37% of the damage is lost to mana and the rest affects your life pool).

3. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

no no no no!!

that's energy shield

damage to mana mod means that if you have 50% DTM and you get hit by an enemy for 200 damage, you will heal back 100 mana

you will still take full damage, it's just an easy way of filling your mana instead of having to leech

4. discfor1

discfor1 IncGamers Member

With regard to your other question.

The swirling blue thing is from the mana regeneration shrine. It simply speeds up the rate at which you regenerate mana (refill your blue ball).

and as to dying to the fire monsters - this is a bug and there is more than normal damage from them when they explode. Dont stand so close, let your merc/minion take them out as the bug does not seem to affect them.

Have fun.

5. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

The blue swirling thing: He was talking about the blue leech swirl, not the mana regeneration shrine.

6. eelnala

eelnala IncGamers Member

I believe that the swirling blue energy that Harleyquin is referring to is the same effect that you see when you are leeching mana. You’ll see it all the time when you are using a zon or barb.