Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

damage problem with my ama

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by EmperessNoodle, Mar 29, 2005.

1. EmperessNoodle

EmperessNoodle IncGamers Member

damage problem with my ama

hey every 1, my ama is lvl 80 n using a wf right now with 300 dex but my guild arrows only deal 2600 damage is their something wrong with my ama?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

No not really...but we really need to know the rest of your gear to make suggestions for upping your damage...Fortitude is a nice armor (300%enhanced damage), also damage isn't everything speed kills too.

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Hey Emperess, welcome to the forums! Like Chimaira says, give your gear set up and skills and hopefully we can give you a prescription for success.

4. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

I second Chimaira on the speed kills :)

ways to increase damage on char screen:

1. war travlers = 15-25 damage (gets added to min & max before multiplied by dex. Basically can add as much as 195-325 to min/max on char screen depending on dex, ed% from eq, merc ed%, skill ed%.

2. fortitude = 300% ed = Huge increase.

3. Max damage charms - also gets added before multiplied by ed% modifiers

4. increase dex. at level 90 I usually have around 490%. That is 200% more than you or approx 1000 max damage on char screen. (get ravenfrosts)

5. might merc

6. Add the runeword to your merc that gives concentration aura

7. socket WF with 15% ias / ed% jewel - Mine is 15% ias / 30% ed. Higher weapon damage x all the multipliers = major increase.

ways to increase kill speed

1. reach the 9/2 breakpoint = 120% ias
    2. laying of hands = 350% ed to demons
    3. atmas ammy chance to cast amp (may be difficult to reach 120% ias if you wear this one)
    4. pump critical strike
    5. pump pierce (mostly if you are a straffer)

Without fortitude I was able to make WF straffers that did sick damage and had max resists in hell with COH. With Fortitude you can hit insane damage numbers. Guided easily in the 6,000 range.

My straffer gear
    Andies helm +15% ias jewel
    Laying of Hands
    WF (mentioned above)
    Ravenfrost x2
    war travlers
    cats eye
    upped goldwrap (could use nos coil)
    Chains of Honor / Fortitude
    500 dex

might merc with reapers toll

5. EmperessNoodle

EmperessNoodle IncGamers Member

well im not rich n im playin ladder by the way if that helps.
    my gears are:
    wf
    gore boots
    shatfstop
    vampirre gaze
    cats eye
    gauntlets +3 passive skill
    2 x ravenfrost
    verdungo hearty cord
    100 poison for 5sec charm

my skills are:
    20 guild arrows
    20 critical strike
    10 strafe
    12 dodge
    12 avoid
    12 evade
    7 valkyrie
    6 decoy

i really dont think i can get a fortitude since it need a Lo n now im try to get a sheal to put into my wf at the moment i did try to get a act2 merc with might but he dies too easily. also XZON how can u get get 500 dex??

6. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

if ladder, I can give you a low pair of war travlers. For armor, Shaft is old school and DR should not be important for a bowazon so a durials shell is a nice cheap one with pretty good mods. Slap an ias jewel in it. Your ias is way too low for a straffer. I can also set you up with a pair of gloves with 20% ias. Laying of hands are cheap and I may also have an extra pair of those for you. They rock. Goldwrap is dirt cheap and gives 10% ias. It should be upped so you get 16 slots. Without upping, you only get 12. Vamp gaze is fine but should be ias jeweled. I also hope you Shaeled the WF.
    If so, this should bring you to 120% ias and you will really see the difference.

Merc, the shaftstop should be on your merc. Vamp gaze is also a great merc helm. This will give your merc great DR and will help keep him alive. Amazons need strong meat shields to engage the pack while you strafe away ar a distance. I would imagine that you are dying pretty often at this point.

Pierce is also incredibly important to a straffer. I could not imagine trying to play without at least 80% chance to pierce. Guided is completely not needed as strafe kills boss's just as fast as guided. I know this because I actually compared kill time -VS- Diablo clone a while back. Strafe won.

I will help you out with gear but when you hit the wall with this build I would remake with max strafe (extra 50% ed does not hurt), critical strike about 60%, D/A/E 50,60,50, pierce 80% minimum, 1 in slow missles (very helpfull), Penetrate if % to hit is low. Additionally, I put 20 points in Magic arrow to deal with PI's. Works wonders and costs no mana. Great when Baal casts his mana burn.

Let me know when you will be on and your account name if ladder and I can hook you up with a few items. I am on east by the way.

Oops, forgot about the dex. I calculate ahead of time what my final gear will be. Some give additional str so I put only the minimum to wear an item. Vitality I keep at zero as I get all my life from gear & charms. I usually end up at between 600 and 700. I also wear an annihilus which adds 19 to dex and saves me 19 in str. Basically all other points go into dex. You may have difficulty hitting 500 but you definately should be over 300 by now.