Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Damage more spikey lately?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by ZappaFan, Jan 6, 2015.

1. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Didn't play hardly at all over the holiday's. Ran exactly one rift during the exp buff. Played Far Cry 3 a lot though. :)

So I finished that and have started into playing D3 again, and I swear that the damage seems a lot more spikey that it was when I was playing regularly before the holidays. That doesn't seem logical, but it sure feels like it playing the game.

2. ZappaFan

Ehhh such an overwhelming desire to use my moderator super powers and just delete this thread... noticed that I was wearing my SOJ instead of my Unity... doh!

CUTIEBIBABE likes this.
  3. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

I was going to suggest you check that, fairly common after a break

4. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

too many ales perhaps ??

ZappaFan likes this.
  5. ZappaFan

Good for what Ales yea!

6. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

I am in the early throws of far cryt 4 and loving it. very good game so far.

7. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

You are lucky it didn't cost you your life like it did to me.

On a side note I was hoping they were going to address the unity and rog issue in 2.1.2

8. ZappaFan

What issues?

9. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Happened to me as well a few times. You join a party and swap in the SOJ, log out and a few days later you start playing solo and think you suddenly suck at dodging :D

10. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

Muggs means the "issue" of them being required for all builds, melee ones especially.

I try to always use a SoJ and then either a RRoG or Unity depending on whether I'm doing grifts or T6 runs. Don't group much though because I don't play seasons and there's only ever one other person on NS for me to join (if that).

11. ZappaFan

I really don't see the Unity setup as an "issue" that needs correcting. It's only useful when you're playing solo, and there are incentives to playing multi where you shouldn't use it, so IMO that balances it out. I think the incentives to play multi could may be a little better. Then again I'm usually mostly a solo player but I still get drawn into coop games and change out the Unity despite that. I know there are people that will only play solo in part because of the Unity setup, but they're missing out on a pretty important aspect of the game IMO.

12. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

Yea, I agree with you. I see it as a trade off one way or the other.

I would sometimes prefer to use my unity in group play simply because it's an awesome ring, but I have to make sure nobody else is. The necessity of the RoRG only depends on your gear selection, really. Wheras the unity is very advantageous for high GR solo play. Neither is necessary, but both provide substantial advantages over other rings.

You begin to feel locked into it though, when you try different options and they don't turn out nearly as good. It not that you can't use other rings, but in doing so you lose something. The so called "problem" lies in the "one true way" we've seen Steven adamantly drag around. The options get fewer and fewer the further into GRs you go. It all depends on what your "end game" is though, and how much you compare yourself to others doing the same thing.

13. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

I definitely see and understand the trade off but as it stands it is just too good and then you need 2 of em which again is fine but I was hoping we would see more jewelry or even gems that could compete with the unity for solo play. I guess it falls under the diversity category for me.

I am hoping that ancient armor makes up for it a bit since seeing a few people stream ptr they had toughness numbers that were insane compared to live.

14. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

That and pretend all three of the standard rings no longer existed. What would you use instead? There really isn't much, the best is perhaps the traveler set for crit damage and that's only for lower difficulties because higher ones require an immunity amulet.

Even looking ahead the new ice armor ring and elements ring are both junk.

15. Solwolf

Solwolf Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

I can tell you that, although I haven't been on d3 much lately (well hello, Warlords of Draenor), the Unity ring combo is the sole reason I stopped playing multiplayer. I can easily and comfortably run t6 on my main WD with the ring combo, but a loss of 50% toughness to group with others is a bridge too far, and I wouldn't run t6 in a group because of it.

Unity combo is too good and too necessary in HC, imo. It's a shame, too, because I find d3 really fails as a single player game, and playing with others is really the only thing that extends the life of the game.

Aahzmadius likes this.
  16. CUTIEBIBABE

CUTIEBIBABE IncGamers Member

I had the same issue other day. Got a fresh unity and enchantress focus. Opened up a 34 grift. Was proccing my passive constantly...noticed my enchantress was constantly dying...noticed the enchantress focus didn't have the doesn't die affix..