Damage distribution

Florio

Diabloii.Net Member
Damage distribution

I got an ethereal Jalal's with 414 defense, but only 11 durability :shocked:.

Here's my question: If a character takes damage, how does the game distribute the damage to the character's equipment? In other words, how 'quick' would the Jalal's get worn out? Beside the +2 to all skills, is has another +2 to shape-shifting, so best for a werewolf/bear who normally goes into close combat, where dodging hits would be difficult.

taxcut

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Damage distribution

In item like that would generally be socketed with Larzuks act 5 quest and someone would put a zod rune into it to make it indestructable... The etheral aspect of the item gives it 50% more defense and the stats to wear it are slightly lower...

I'm not sure how damage is distrubuted among items you wear, but that would wear out very quickly without a ZOD...

Metathrom

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, usually 40 pgems = high rune.

I wouldn't bother with a high def Jalals still, since druids don't benefit much from extra defense unless you're playing partied with a high-level-shout Barb and a Defiance aura user. :)

Florio

Diabloii.Net Member

Alright, thanks for the info Metathrom.

In fact, I already had discussed the Zod option in the trade value section, but I wouldn't really want to spend such a precious item only for adjusting the ethereal flag of another. Besides, I'm running a fire elementalist anyway, so I may use the Jalal's as-is until it's broken or trade it.

Anybody who still has info about damage distribution?

Last edited:

Florio

Diabloii.Net Member

Case closed :cool:

Code:
Jalal's Mane
Totemic Mask
Defense: 271
Durability: 10 of 20
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 65
Required Level: 42
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0xf54e11a0
+20 to Strength
+20 to Energy
+174% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +30
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
30% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+5 to Mana After Each Kill
+2 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)