Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Damage calculation

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Azcon(I), Jan 31, 2004.

1. Azcon(I)

Azcon(I) IncGamers Member

Damage calculation

(ill just copy paste my msg from the clan forum :xmad: )
    I whould like to know how damage is beeing calculated on barbs or other characters...plz tell if you know how its exactly done with these stats...

180 damage on weapon
    300% enhanced damage on weapon

123% level 20 spear mastery
    102% level 20 ww
    500% with 500 strength stats

100% with +100 strength on items
    50% enhanced damage on items

is it:
    A)180+300%+600%(str)+275%(rest)=18900 -bit to high I think
    B)180+1175%=2295 -unlikely
    C)180+575%(weapon ed+skills+items)+600%(str)=8505 -possible
    D)something else

Basicly I have no idea how its done...I could make it even more complex by adding +max damage jewels and level 89 might mercs....con/fana auras (omg that whould hurt)

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

The general formula is
    (((base damage) * (1 + on-weapon ed)) + max/min) * (1 + off-weapon ed + str bonus + skill bonus + aura bonus)

In your case, we start with 180 (what is that number, max, or average? it matters)
    on-weapon ed makes it 180 * (1 + 300%) = 180 * 4 = 720
    (+min or +max would go on here)
    off-weapon bonuses total (1 + 123% + 102% + 600% + 50%) = 9.75
    720 * 9.75 = 7020.

Other things to note:
    +min/max doesn't matter where it is, it gets applied in the same place.
    %ed to demons or undead get considered as off-weapon even if they are on the weapon.
    Auras all get included in the big factor too.

A consequence of this is that on-weapon ed is more valuable than off-weapon ed, more str, or auras. Because 5% more on-weapon ed gets multiplied by the big factor (9.75), but 5% more off-weapon ed only gets multiplied by the smaller one (4).

3. Azcon(I)

Azcon(I) IncGamers Member

180 was the max damage...thx alot..I wanted to know becose I never made a Titan barb yet and had a feeling that the strength was calculated as on-weapon damage instead like you said off...I was reading the Titan-Barb strategy and wanted to explain his damage in more detail...He was doing around 12-13k damage and that was something I found a bit odd.... though after reading it again I saw he also made use of 160/40 armor and mercs aura wich proberly gave him that damage...7-8k damage sounds alot more realistic to me :xx:

4. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

the only exception to the Min/max dmg being universally applied is when dual wielding.. im quite sure on weapon +dmg does not add onto the other.

5. Loboleal

Loboleal IncGamers Member

True. +dmg on weapon only counts for damage from that weapon. External +dmg is applied at both weapons.
    That feature made +dmg jewels off-weapon more powerfull than on-weapon when dual wield in 1.09.