Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dam BM Duelers

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Emerald Dragon, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

Dam BM Duelers

I join a pub duel, and am having fun. This barb enters with enigma. I lead him out to an isolated area so nobody would mess the duel up.

He tries to tele whirlwind me, and I decrepify him and shoot spirits. He must have been new to ww because he kept missing/ww the wrong way.

After 5 1v1 duels (which I won every time), he calls me a noob and says he's getting his botd. So he runs to town, comes back, and kills me with 1 ww. He obviously had it because before he had to hit me a couple times to get through my bone armor and kill me.

He then proceeds to call me a noob and guards my corpse. I wait in town for him to arrive so i could get into my tp and get my body. But he just sat there calling me noob and stuff like that.

I am not a bm person, but this guy got on my nerves with his unfair solution to me beating him.

This is a message right from the message log of that game "Your a idiot, your the defiaon of noob". After seeing that, I just didnt even bother to waste my time trying to flame back.

These ebayers are so stupid.
    It became clear that he was not very bright, and fit the "BM" stereotype to a T.

2. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

It doesn't make a person w/ a BotD an "EBayer" neccessarily, especially if it was a BotD and not eth. Ppl w/ EBotDs like 400%ed or something of the sort are much likely to be EBayers.

The best you can do to those fools who act like the way that barb did is just to exit the game, especially if it's a pub duel game. Sadly there are many jerks and fags in the world of D2, and it's best to ignore them since you can't do anything about em except maybe squelching them.

- Dennis

3. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

why is having certain gear make it seem like its BM? I dont understand that

4. pikablue

pikablue IncGamers Member

how u like it if ur're a sorc and they full absorb ur ass? by the way, using decrep is bad manner, it's bann'ed in all tourny

5. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

From what I recall, decreping a telebarb isn't a good thing.

6. disc

disc IncGamers Member

erm this happens about one in twenty pub games i join, aint going to change.

options are and not restricted to

1 leave game dont go back.
    2 leave game go back pick up body.
    3 leave game come back with other character.
    4 stay in game and make a coffee..... hey hes gone.
    5 dont duel in puby games.
    6 dont beat anyone. loose all the time and congratulate them so they dont get anoyed.
    7. msg some mates to nk the hostee.
    8. start a spam war
    9 start a spam war
    10 start a spam war
    11 keep running for your body, eventually he will need to repair his weapon if he keeps hitting you.

if ive missed any sorry. my brain died.

whats this topic about again?

7. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

Why does having a good item instantly make you an E-bayer? Besides, like 50% of high-level players have similar items. It's not like it's impossible to get, unless you expect him to have found all the runes and the 6-socketed ethereal weapon on his own. Sure, he was a duchebag and probably not the sharpest tool in the shed, but you're making yourself look dumb as well by calling him an E-bayer just because he has a BotD. It took me a week of clever trading to get my own, starting with an Um rune - am I now an E-bayer?

8. TheGreatDivorce

TheGreatDivorce IncGamers Member

Get used to it, this is what PvP is all about in pub games. It's not about having fun or for competing to see who's better, it's about who can out *** the other guy out of a win because no-one knows how to play a stinkin' game.

Remember that there is a squelch option, there is a save and exit option. Sure it's his fault for not being able to duel, but it's also your fault for complaining that you have to sit there and listen to him telling you that you suck. Get over it, DII is like reality, people piss each other off and you have to find methods to deal with it.

And just because he has decent gear doesn't make him an ebayer. For all you know he could of easily traded for it. eBotdZs aren't expensive if you have been playing the game for a long time or if you have dedicated some time to MF or trade for things that you want. I mean, I can get 15-20 400%+ eBotDZs' and still have enough to outfit my characters; I know a few people with over 1000 SoJs that has gotten them 110% with MF'in and years of playing. Does it mean that they ebay? No.

9. G0su_Hellbolt

G0su_Hellbolt IncGamers Member

For BM people like that I usually carry around a BM PvPer myself. This kind of things happens daily to me, maybe due to the fact that I run around as a lvl 18 LLDer Pally, and when I kill a lvl 30ish char they start screaming
    "OMGWTH STUPID NUB HAX" or "WTF I LAGDZ N U HACK", and I had this once-"LVL 18? MY **** THATS A LVL 81 U HAXXOR"

Then they proceed to bring in a lvl 70~90 char and try and nk the whole room.

Seriously, I advise you on getting a char which is acceptable on every term in honor games, yet can absospiffinglutely kill anyone who seems a bit BM.

Works for me. I have a lvl 70 smiter and soon a Bone nec. Both have relatively cheap gear and dont cost much, yet can be good against BM duelers cos they dont expect it. You could also make a lvl 49 dueler and pour everything into him/her. They're really effective and lvl 80+ dont expect 4~5k from someone nearly 1/2 their lvl.

*Gosu-Hellbolt

10. nobledarkmoon

nobledarkmoon IncGamers Member

Hellbolt, i think most decent duelers have had that happen to them.

you use a lvl 15 -20 char in dueling and duel people lvl 30 - 50. get called a hacker and what not, then threaten to hack your computer yada yada
    or say that isn`t there dueling char and bring in a lvl 90+ char and get 2 or 3 friends to join the game, and start baggin ya out.

simple response to that is, you need 3-4 lvl 90+ chars to beat a lvl 15-20 char, boy you guys must be very skilled. but if you want a slightly more fair duel i will bring my lvl 60 char in, and that char v you 3 or 4 is fair. you still have the advantage of numbers and lvls over me.

bring in the char they tease and anoy the hell out of you, all there ears after the first round they all leave. or you leave and say something like yes i am what ever you called me eg a new player to the game, and you got beat by that, how do you feel now? or something else like it

then just leave.

don`t bother with going down to there level

but when i get beat a couple of times by a decent duel, it`s always gg now can i see your gear?

i haven`t played this patch, but used to duel and play in 09.

11. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

haha..those ppl are appearing to be young kiddo without any manner. Actually, I saw a psychological research before saying: People on internet normally behave totally opposite in real world. They got pressured too much or they arnt success with their life, which is likely to lead to their ridiculus and chidlish behaviour on the un-realistic world -->Internet. Its the easiest way for those people to feel great and success by bully other people on the internet, because in real life, they are not able to do so (They sure will get beated up if they have the same manner in real world:p)

Therefore, dont be upset with those people, just let them say whatever they want. Diablo is the last place they are able to be "successful".

By the way, if you want to say something back, just say something like:
    "LOL, You lost to a NOOB and Idiot 5 times straight, OMG! this "NOOB" is terrific"

Anyway..it just a game!, and obviously u r not playing a HC char..you didnt lose anything at all..

12. tmd turka

tmd turka IncGamers Member

Whats worse is when you crush lets say 5 of the chars on your opponents account and then they bring out there ebayed monster.

Happened to me more the once. Used my Bone Necro beat 2 of his sorcs, a ww barb, and a smiter, He then proceeds to get his blinged out Hammerdin. He beats me and then calls me noob. Even tho it took half of his account to stop one of my chars.

Pub Pvp brings out the dregs of the D2 community. Your better off going to private games with people you know.

13. TheBe

TheBe IncGamers Member

Mostly it's better to shut your mouth. You don't have to fall on their level. They usually get pissed off themselves, when you are just nice to them and don't start spamming etc. Then you get your peace and he will leave game, or you can duel with them nicely (don't doesn't affect all of them thou)

14. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

He's not complaining about the gear - it is just a background part of the story. He is more complaining about the corpse guarding.

15. jakotaco

jakotaco IncGamers Member

Maybe the same guy I met... I was once called "You are the biggest noob i ever met" But that was off the pvp arena, this time it was because I offered 3 pgems for an Amn runes and he expected to get at least 10 pgems for it.

And some people are just as bad, like the barb who bragged of his "Grief" +399 who after losing to a hammerdin said something among the lines "ok, you win but it's only because i don't have Beast, when I get beast I will kill u so easily" As if gear could somehow compensate for lacking skill... besides hammers are suppsed to have an upper hand vs barbs, while he claimed that he would be able to kill ANY Hammerdin (and any other class aswell) as soon as he got his "Beast"

Not to mention how badly he treated the Tal Sorc and spammed the chat she was a noob because she had Tals and anyone having tals was noob by definition... Oh I wish they had dueled and the sorc had beaten his 12 ear old ***... :rolleyes:

16. oneBlast

oneBlast IncGamers Member

Decreping a good telebarb is one easy way to die :smiley:

17. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

Why is it not a good thing? Surely slowing him by 50% and getting an extra 50% DR before your own DR is taken into acount would be a good thing?

18. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

If memory serves, the dr affects his total off-weapon ed, so it won't make a huge difference. Slowing him by 50% only makes him whirl slower... which, if he teleports on top of you, whirling slower means he's closer to you for a longer period of time, during which time he's constantly making attacks.

Essentially it lets him get more attacks against you because his whirls don't take him out of range as quickly.

19. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Why would -50% PHYSICAL DAMAGE REDUCED have a thing to do with off-weapon ED?

Also, you are wrong about the slowing. The slowing makes triwhirls a lot harder to perform successfully, and it also takes either tigher or longer triwhirls, thus you will be hit more. The two-edged sword dilemma.

20. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

Wouldn't his attacks get slowed too? I can see 50% slow killing a lot of breakpoints. Even if he only loses one breakpoint then thats a 33% reduction in damage output yes?