Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Daggermancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Elvish_Legion, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

Daggermancer

This is for all of you that have one of these that has been able to finish hell (I really dont want to hear about your lvl 16 daggermancer useing a 3 emerald kris sorry)to sport your skills/gear/merc etc

Basicly Im trying to gather some feedback before I start mine, I was wondering
    A) What merc do you guys prefer
    B) What skills
    C) Whats YOUR dream daggermancer Gear?
    D) Whats your CURRENT daggermancer gear?
    E) What curses do you use?
    F) What type of monsters give you the biggest problems?
    G) What was the hardest act(remember you can also post quests in this slot dont forget diff.)
    H) How much damage/how fast do monsters die?
    I) Is dagger fullily synergized? (Max nova/p.explosion/dagger)
    J) Do you use wall/prison and Armor?

Thanks for all the feed back this will likely net

Elvish

2. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

I haven't had a daggermancer in awhile, but I'll throw you some advice anyway.

A) What merc do you guys prefer?
    - Holy Freeze. Slows everyone down to prevent you from getting mobbed so easily. Makes a decent tank as well. The purist daggermancers actually don't use a merc since they want to be truly "minionless."

B) What skills
    - Synergies and 1 into each of the curses minus LR. You might want to put a couple more points into that until diminishing returns kicks in. If you will allow yourself a minion, go with a clay golem to further slow your enemies.

C) Whats YOUR dream daggermancer Gear?
    -
    Helm: Shako probably.
    Armor: Bramble.
    Gloves: Trang's.
    Belt: Verd's if you want some DR and vitality considering you are pseudo melee. Arachnid's isn't bad for the +1 skills and the slow. Trang's belt if you choose to use Trang's shield as well for some more -poison res.
    Boots: Goreriders work if you want some OW/CB etc. Otherwise just use whatever boots you need to give you what you need. Res, more life, r/w etc.
    Weapon: Blackbogs is generally best. Fleshripper isn't as bad for general meleeing but it doesn't have the added nice +psn and +skills that Blackbogs has.
    Shield: Trang's works if you want the 3 piece -psn res bonus. You can also go DR with SS or +skills and blocking with a homonculus.
    Rings: BK rings for the +1 skills and life is always nice. If you plan on casting Nova or anything else, you might want an Soj also.
    Ammy: A nice rare is good but it really depends on the rest of your setup. cat's eye, mara', etc. They all have their uses.

D) Whats your CURRENT daggermancer gear?
    - Don't have one.

E) What curses do you use?
    - Decrep for bosses and particularly tough monsters. Between HF, Clay golem, slow gear, and Decrep it should slow most monsters to a near standstill. LR for weaker opponents to speed there death since it will increase you poison damage. The various AI curses (Confuse, Attract) will come in handy for crowd control. Terror is your panic button, spam it like mad if you are getting swarmed. Dim Vision is a life saver against ranged foes like Vipers, Oblivion Knights, Gloams, etc. If you want a quick replenish of life, Life Tap is good now and then on weaker opponents.

F) What type of monsters give you the biggest problems?
    - The obvious poison immunes. Also the heavy hitting range will sometimes get you before you can Dim.

G) What was the hardest act(remember you can also post quests in this slot dont forget diff.)
    - Haven't played one in awhile.

H) How much damage/how fast do monsters die?
    - See above.

I) Is dagger fullily synergized? (Max nova/p.explosion/dagger)
    - Yes.

J) Do you use wall/prison and Armor?
    - Yes, for crowd control I use wall/prison. The bonus to armor is a nice bonus. Extra points go into wall/prison after I get pdagger and synergies to decent levels of damage.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Phyrexial nailed it there. Just let me answer G. Hardest Act was II. Duriel was truly Hell. The rest went well.

4. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Excellent all out reply but this seems to differ from the answers I got on my post "Fleshripper for Daggermancer?", thinking about it I think its better to go with the high poison (from PD and its synergies) combined with the high phys damage (from Fleshripper) over Blackbogs largely 1-dimension poison attack over lengthy time. Blackbogs is an excellent dagger, no doubt, the ability to slow and the speed are nice, but after having used both (finally got to lvl 68) I love Fleshripper (which has some slow and seriosly nice mods) over Blackbogs by the time you reach Hell diff. Fleshripper kills fast.

Trangs Gloves are nice to have as well as Bramble runeword, both of these increase your poison damage. I use my maxed Poison Explosion alot also, but I keep PD skill to about 10 points, which keeps mana cost and length (not that necessary) down. I use Decrepify usually to go with my Holy Freeze Merc using an upgraded eth Woestave (serious slow there and Clay Golem not necessary). This allows me to jump in with Fleshripper and poison groups of bad guys. With Fleshripper OW, DS, and CB drops the monster hitpoints down bigtime, the poison seems to do the rest. Lower resist is another great option, and surprisingly so is Attract (I got this from an item), love it. I cast Attract to a couple monsters in a crowd and Decrep the rest (Attract can not be overriden) Oh, and I like Homunculous, can't do much wrong there.

I haven't finished the game with my Daggermancer yet, but I imagine Poison immune or resistant creatures such as undead would present problems (probably would kill Blackbogs there).

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Missed that bit. Fleshripper is much better than Blackbog's.

6. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Thats ok Mad, had me confused there (not hard to do) :confused: