Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Daggermancer lvl 67.. what now?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Tastychiken_europe, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Tastychiken_europe

Tastychiken_europe IncGamers Member

Daggermancer lvl 67.. what now?

Im at lvl 67 with my beloved PvP Fun char.. The Daggermancer Blood_poisoning. In PvP i tend to use Nova Instead of dagger against sorc's etc.. but i guess its natural.. I want to go through the possibilities of what i can do now..
    Skills:
    20 Poison Dagger
    20 Poison Explosion
    20 Posion Nova
    1 Lower resist
    4 Bone armor
    1 Bone wall
    Rest in pre-req's

Should i Max a curse.. or bonewall?? i dont know.. after bonewall should i put my last points in bone armor or a curse or vice versa??

+ could we go through the calc's for venom on andis visage??

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Maxing BW will give you a strong BA that will protect you well. It certainly is a good option.

Maxing a curse can be done, but there are only a few curses worth maxing. You can max DV as a crowd control curse and then apply LR to a small pack that you plan to stab.
    Maxing LR is usually only done by those builds that do not have any other way of increasing their damage. There are other ways to increase your poison damage, so I would not recommend maxing LR.

You can also put a few points in Revive to get some useful Meatshields.

From what I have read on the subject all you need to do is figure out the damage per second on your Dagger and add the damage rate per second from Venom. The duration will be that of Poison Dagger.

Example:

If you have a level 10 Dagger without any synergies you'll be doing 129-153 poison damage over 5.6 seconds, or an average of 25 poison damage per second.

Level 3 Venom does 90-110 poison damage over 0.4 seconds, or an average of 250 poison damage per second.

Now just add the damage rates. This gives you 275 damage per second for 5.6 seconds. Or if you prefer 1540 poison damager over 5.6 seconds. This represents an enormous boost in damage.

If you want I can PM you the link to the original article.

3. Tastychiken_europe

Ok my Psn dagger does 12668 max dmg.. in 12.4 sec's
    12668/12.4=1021.6...

Venom does 275 per sec..

1021.5+275=1296.5

1296.5*12.4=16076.6

Was that right?? :lol:

4. Mad Mantis

Almost. The Venom doesn't do 275, instead it does an average of 250. Also the damage from your PDagger can’t include bonuses from things like Three Part Trang or DWeb. So just use the damage you get from hardpoints and +skills.

5. k0d3

k0d3 IncGamers Member

venom?

didnt venom shorten ur poison dmg to .4 secs? so ud so only x amount of dmg over .4 sec?, @ least thats what i recall reading a couple of months ago

6. Mad Mantis

Venom does that to all sources of poison except Poison Dagger. PDagger gets the groovy rate addition.

7. Tastychiken_europe

Ok.. that 275 was (from what i think) just beacuse im tired >_< (lvling a wolfbarb and a daggermancer at the same time [almost])

im not counting three part trang or D.web but i was counting with trang gloves :D

8. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Holy crap! That's awesome, I wanna PM of the link :D

I hope! Trang's Gloves should increase that number to make it even more insane (on casting, as the second "mastery bonus" should just improve the overall dmg...go go double enchant bug), though I wanna read that linkee first before I try anything :eek:

-res in gear would increase the damage after all that is said and done, so I know your right there :D

9. kobas

kobas IncGamers Member

1) If so why I dont see any boost in my dmg when cast venom..?? and i'm lookin at pdager not nova..
    2) so psn from items will have 0.4 duration or its adds to pdagger.. in short some explanation how psn from items will be afected by venom
    3) when you hit oponent will swiching to -res gear afect psn.. like at rabies druid..
    4) what would be good pvp items setup..
    5) if it isnt too hard max dmg/frame setup..

tnx to anyone who find time to ansver me..

also thet link would be nice to see..

some more will 20% ctc venom when struck from dragon r/w.. is venom stll be when dragon is removed..

10. Mad Mantis

The LCS doesn't display the bonus, but it is there. Your enemies will die faster.

AFAIK all sources of poison except PDagger have their duration reduced to 0.4 seconds.

No. The damage is calculated the moment you attack. You can switch out the -% res gear after you hit and it won't reduce the damage. Switching to -% res gear after you have hit an opponent will not increase your damage.

Sent.

11. kobas

kobas IncGamers Member

yes but Pdagger will made thet o.4 seconds in Pdager duration+0.4 seconds.. been doing some testin myself..

tnx for help Mantis..