Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Daggermancer golem or not? Vets please help

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by wisedoor, Mar 6, 2004.

1. wisedoor

wisedoor IncGamers Member

Daggermancer golem or not? Vets please help

I am planning in making a necro whose main skill will be Poison dagger... with both sinergies. I already have pretty decent equipment, going for maxblock with Homunculus and Blackbog´s and a Bramble armor probably, along with plenty of 100+ psn damage lil charms.

His skills will be:
    20 Poison Dagger
    20 Poison Explosion
    20 Poison Nova
    10-20 Lower Resist <=- comments on this? 20 is a good idea?
    1 Bone Armor
    1 Bone Wall
    1 Bone Prison

Now....
    I´ll have Bone Wall and Prison, but i can´t walk over them, and i can walk over a golem.

Should i have 1 in Clay Golem, Golem Mastery and Summon Resist?
    Will Clay Golem be a decent diversion in Hell with just 1 point?
    Will the slow effect from CG be activated by Bramble´s Thorns?
    Note that i´ll have a total of around +6 to all skills.

Another thing, would a fire arrow archer merc be good for this build, with a Kuko bow? (and then Magnus helm probably)

Thanks in advance for replies :)

2. Anidem

Anidem Banned

I would drop the golem outright. It'll be usless way before hell. If you gonna Mele I would not put 20 in Lr to much diminishing returns. to be honest 5 should be fine. Id put the rest in Bone wall if you gonna PvM or Bone Prison If you gonna try PvP. As for the merc Id use the Cold Aura Act2 merc to keep the pounding on you sorta weak Bone armor to a minimum and it lets u not worry so much if you a step slow.
    just between U and me if you run into big packs Lean on the Confuse Curse. and resort to Pnova and let your mercf pick them off 1 by 1. If your fleet o' finger use attract and Lr you can stack these.

3. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I happen to like my Gumby alot more than the others, besides it's gets more life that all the others....mainly it's because of the slow and how easy it is to recast it(since it costs less than all the others)

As for your merc, I like the HF merc personally...and added with my Gumby and bramble...makes it that much easier for me. But, if you insist on a rouge merc, I like fire over cold.

You only need 1 point into the skills that help your golem(+ skills should do the rest for you anyway)

HoS

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

If you are going Dagger, you will need to pump BA and it's synergies. It might also be wise to pump Decrep a bit. This will allow you to keep using Dagger even on somewhat stronger foes. Use LR and AI-curses for crowd management.

5. wisedoor

wisedoor IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies. I´ll max every PD synnergy, putting 1 in each other skill till i max them, and then i´ll se what´s more usefull.

6. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Trust me when I say that a clay golem is a must for this build. 1 pt into it and its mastery will prove invaluable. Not really for a diversion, but moreso for the slow effect the Clay golem bestows. That along with Decrep and a HF aura from your merc will bring monsters to a crawl and make them easy pickings.

As was said already, you definetly will want to make ample use of the AI curses for monsters you aren't currently engaging. You'll probably be using Dim or Confuse alot to keep the rest of the crowd under control while you Decrep or LR the few that you are fighting.

Lastly, if you can spare the points you will benefit a great deal from putting points into bone wall and prison to boost your bone armor. Recastable life is always good. ;)

7. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

I took the harder route, I put 10 points or so in PD (didn't need the poison length too long or the mana increased, and besides Fleshripper takes down fast), maxed PE, and only 1 point in PN (interferes with PD poison). I used PE quite alot, seems to be underutilized by most but it works great. With a HF merc using an upgraded ethereal Woestave, monsters were slowed to a crawl (no need for decrepify or CG there), and I could use LR. Fire Golem seemed to be the best choice for my Necro since I constantly used LR.

I think for my build Fire Golem was a better choice than CG but I realize most Daggermancers who had a different setup would benefit more from CG.

8. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

The main purpose for a Gumby...is the slow it causes and it's so cheap to recast without using up all your mana.

I find mine not dying often on me, though I also have Skeletons.

HoSv1