Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D3?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by skilledlord, Feb 3, 2004.

1. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

D3?

I heard something about a diablo 3 coming out in a few years, is tat true, if so it would be quite exciting. i heard ppl saying things like 2009? i would like it to come out sooner though...how will ppl be playing d2 with the same interest for like another five years? ^^

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

That was just a fantasy...

I doubt Blizzard even knows if there'll be another Diablo game... and if there were there time table definitely wouldn't be accurate.

But yes... that thread was just filled with the hopes and dreams of people.

3. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

i dont think there will be another diablo game. Definately not for a LONG time. I mean why would they spend sooo much time on making patch 1.10 and changing the game so much just to release a new game in a few years?

4. GIR

GIR Banned

Hey, people still play D. Why wouldn't they keep playing D2, which is considered by most to be the superior of the two?

5. Flux

Flux Administrator

Given that basically everyone who made d1, d2, and d2x has either quit or been fired by bliz north, I wouldn't hold my breath for it coming out any time soon. I'd say 3-4 years from now at the soonest. And bliz doesn't care if people keep playing d2 forever; they'd be happier if we all went and played WOW and paid them $15 a month for the honor, then whatever other game they come out with next, then whatever other game is after that, then back to D3 when it eventually comes out.

6. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

sad...I got my hopes up dinking bout the new chars and enchaned graphics. i was hoping they'll make it in three D. :p

7. Flux

Flux Administrator

bliz has said several times that all future titles will be done in 3d only. 2d games are apparently a thing of the distant past at this point, which I think is a shame since I much prefer small, detailed graphics over big, polygony ones. It's one of the main reasons I never got interested in the war3 beta, since I didn't like the look of it, even compared to the old war2 sprits.