Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D3 Petition

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by psudo, Jul 12, 2008.

1. psudo

psudo IncGamers Member

D3 Petition

"See what we mean about going insane because of all the wait for Blizzard's upcoming PC/Mac RPG Diablo 3? Over 4,000 Diablo fans (and counting) have signed an online petition, stating that the current art direction of the game should be changed. And after carefully reading the petition, hardcore Diablo fans want their Diablo 3 done right.

Apparently, Diablo fans couldn't stand the cartoonish, vividly colored, World of Warcraft-like art direction in Diablo 3. They demand a darker, grittier and more gothic approach. Basically, Diablo fans don't want to see any gnomes walking around while they feverishly impale countless enemies.

So if you're one of the Diablo fans itching to get your point across, go ahead and sign the petition below. But just don't be surprised to see rainbows in the final game...maybe even ponies."

i got that from a game information site. (im not adding the link to the site or the petition. if you want to be a bother you'll have to spend the extra 2 minutes and find it yourself.)

basically i think this is retarded. The visuals arent 'cartoonish' or anything like that. but even it they were its a new game, its not diablo 2.5, its diablo 3. time to try new things and go new directions. if people keep moaning and complaining and then bliz decides to revamp the graphics you might as well tack on another year or two to the release time.

for those of you who have nothing better to do than to complain... do you really want to wait that much longer? if it bothers you that much just dont buy it when it comes out.

2. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

Re: D3 Petition

4000 signatures is an incredible minority when it comes to millions of players. I think it's just a vocal minority. Have fun though.

3. Nezumi

Nezumi IncGamers Member

You can't satisfy everyone and there will always be a vocal minority.

It is great that developers have access to a passionate fan base and can get fast feedback on games. However, if marketing and the fan base drove game development you would just get the dame game but bigger each time. And that would get boring.

I was worried when the Diablo franchise moved to Irvine that it would get a WoW art treatment. I hope they keep the two universes visually different. That was a great part of Diablo was that it was visually distinctive from Warcraft. It was practically part of its game play.

What I have seen so far seems to a Diablo universe that is more “High Fantasy” then grittier gothic fantasy of D1 & D2. But not quite WoW’ish.

As someone else on the forum noted; this is not the Diablo II team – so we will never know what the D2 team would have made of D3. But we should be open to a new vision of the Diablo universe if nothing else simply because the technology has changed so much. I am not sure that most people remember or know that the original D2 was limited palette format – not full RGB. That was a limitation as well as an advantage. It helped unify the palette and pull the various artists’ work together into more cohesive whole. It also limited what could be pushed artistically.

People have a right to voice their concerns – especially when it is something they are passionate about. The developers should listen but not be tied to those concerns.

4. yukisho

yukisho IncGamers Member

Ok let's look at it from this point of view. Take Diablo 1. Then look at Diablo 2. Diablo 2 looks cartoon-ish compared to D1. Yes people did complain it was too light when it was announced. All blizzard is doing is making the game capable to today's graphic abilities. Now if you want the old style then perhaps you need to stay playing D2 or go find another game like it. Games are upgraded. Hell look at starcraft. Same thing going on there. Yes it looks amazing but it has been beefed up on the graphics output. Players do not understand that the game they love playing right now, will change. It will be for the better. And if they don't care for it, then turn your gamma and contrast down.

5. Funkopotamus

Funkopotamus IncGamers Member

The guy left out a zero on the petitions number. And there's already a bunch of threads complaining about people having different opinions regarding the petition.
    No it doesn't.

6. yukisho

yukisho IncGamers Member

Well not anymore to most people. But if you were there when they announced D2 then you would understand. The battle.net forums were filled with people complaining about the graphics.

7. Nostavar

Nostavar IncGamers Member

For what it's worth, that's outdated. It's 41 thousand now.

8. Funkopotamus

I was. I was floored from the day I heard the news until several months after I had gotten it and the honeymoon period was over.

I've never been to the b.net forums though as I don't frequent many forums.

9. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy IncGamers Member

Does anyone think the developers will listen to these guys?

10. yukisho

yukisho IncGamers Member

No, they won't. Ever new game Blizzard puts out there is some petition made for some part of the game certain people do not agree with.

11. sbn

sbn IncGamers Member

No they will not listen. I think I might start a petition just to tell everyone to "STFU". 3 weeks, the game was just announced 3 weeks ago and we hardly know anything about it. Maybe some just need to calm down and wait. We won't even know 50% by this November I bet (Blizzard is going to drag this on as slow as they can for the marketing hype).

12. yukisho

yukisho IncGamers Member

The problem with these people is they base their lives around video games and don't look ate the real world that is happening right now around them.

13. Funkopotamus

Can you expand on that?

14. yukisho

yukisho IncGamers Member

Well to put it simple, these kids base their lives around video games, the internet, text messaging and such. They are disrespectful punks. I know we were all like this at some point, I was and so were you. But you have to grow up sometime and realize that there are other things in life to appreciate.