Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D3 news galore

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

D3 news galore

I know most of you guys (and girls) lost the habit of checking the main page or the news forum over the past few years, as the D2 news dried up and the FotD's stagnated. You may want to refresh those bookmarks though, since we've been posting a ton of stuff over the past couple of weeks -- movies and transcripts and screenshots and more -- and will continue to do so over the months to come as Diablo III's development progresses. Here's a copy of news posts I made the past two days, rounding up WWI coverage from around the net.

Saturday:

Every gaming site has posted something about Diablo III by now, and while most of it is just a regurgitation of all you guys have seen already, there is some good stuff out there.

Sunday:

There were two hour-long Diablo III panels at the WWI on Sunday, the World Lore & Art, and Denizens of Diablo. Everyone covered the first in the morning, while almost nothing has been posted about the afternoon panel. We'll have full videos of both later today, but for now:

2. Swiffer

Swiffer IncGamers Member

Re: D3 news galore

Its right back in my bookmarks :D

Edit: Awesome, ive been waiting for video of the Environment and Lore panel, though it is a shame Metzen wasn't on hand, particularly since they are expanding on the world. Love hearing from him.

3. diabloIII

diabloIII IncGamers Member

i'm really happy that it will be 8 person maximum in a server and i hope they will not make us pay for d3, if they don't make us pay i know a game that will be left behind(world of warcraft:thumbup:) thats will be good we need millions of player in d3 hehe

4. Furyan

Furyan IncGamers Member

Where did you hear / read that it will be 8p max games?

5. Flux

Flux Administrator

the max per game is 4-5, at the moment. it's based on what plays best, not what's technically feasible. they don't want overcrowded areas or players in the same game off doing different things. party co-op. if anyone asked them about special online-only content raid events, or pvp arenas, I didn't hear it. (and they wouldn't have answered anything definitive anyway)

6. weenis

weenis IncGamers Member

5 would be a lot better than 4... You'd be able to do 2v2 and 1 judge. I really hope it's not 4 max.

7. Flux

Flux Administrator

I'll be surprised if they don't have arena games and other online pvp options, and the limit per game will be reevaluated in those circumstances.

The 4 or 5 amount is based on what's a good pvm game in a party, and that's basically how it worked in d2 also. There were 8 in games, but did you ever try to play all in the same area at once? i mean sure, people would all clear the cows, but they'd all spread out. 8 at once on a baal run isn't so much "fun" as it is "chaos." we're diablo players, not zerg.

A good party of 3 or 4 in d2 was so much more fun, since everyone had a role and you could co-op and take turns. Assuming it wasn't late in a season and everyone was so overpowered in their uber gear...