Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D3 graphics are NOT catoonish. What's all the gripe?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by etslayer, Jun 29, 2008.

1. diablosminion

diablosminion Diabloii.Net Member

Re: D3 graphics are NOT catoonish. What's all the gripe?

Doesnt anyone else think its funny how people bicker over a screenshot from 2008? :coffee:

@ Sass
    ummm Yes!

People hear what they want to hear, see what they want to see and put forth crap arguments. Ill give an example of this: take the thread "terrible graphics :(" for example, (now im not bashing him or his opinions.) He took a 2008 screenshot of d3(a game still being developed) and compared them to finished FPS which is absurd because you cant compare those two types of games together especially under d3's current development stage. In other-words they are showing whatever makes their point valid and they hold on to that for dear life. Regardless, is struck me as strange as to why he did that.

Also another thing to add is that the female barb is not walking straight up she is leaning forward coming down steps, so that might have something to do with how "big" they look.

Now if its too much to ask, lets start using the latest d3 shots and vids for comparison. I for one think that the new trist shots are down right sexy.

2. Doppel

Doppel Banned

Then my next question is, why are people still trying to defend an old picture with stupid shoulder armor? Doesn't this kinda proof people were on to something?

edit: the shoulder armor in that vid covers half his face and arm! lol, dunno what you're on about it looking normal.

3. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

It goes up to his eyes and stops at the upper bicep...You might want to look more closely.

As for the old one, people aren't defending it. They're reacting to the unnecessary bashing.

It isn't that the shoulders look so ridiculously good that fanboys gotta defend it, some just are smart enough to give it a chance. Since we know nothing about the scenario, you have to take it with a grain of salt until more is explained.

4. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod Diabloii.Net Member

Going to get sick of see that bright red slash. Someone will have to mod that out for me. Hang on, that's not there because the graphics aren't cartoony. Must be my imagination.

5. Tyrone

Tyrone Diabloii.Net Member

This guy's got the right idea.

I mean ultra high res, cutting edge graphics are neat, but if game's are to believed to be art, then we must accept that there's more to art than absolute gritty realism all the time.