D3 decals in SC2

Leugi

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: D3 decals in SC2

The decal doesn't seem to be achievable right now... (maybe in a hidden way) BUT you can use it on the editor while making custom maps:

BTW, they're three because decals are race-specific...

There are, of course, WoW decals too, but this is as close to news as we've gotten in a while. :p
Meh... Could you please say "Warcraft" instead of WoW, WoW isn't the only Warcraft game alright...

He has become a Blizz fan after WoW, probably. That's why he's saying WoW.

It's ironic. I was a Blizz fan...until WoW.

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

He has become a Blizz fan after WoW, probably. That's why he's saying WoW.

It's ironic. I was a Blizz fan...until WoW.
I was in a wc2 hamachi league...

I said WoW because that is what WarCraft is, and the alliance icon did not exist until WoW (the horde one, however, did).
It's pretty damn irrelevant to the thread at hand. I feel no need to make any kind of distinction between Orcs and Human or Wrath of the Lich King. Who cares?
I sure don't and I won't be "censoring" myself for it, either.

Leugi

Diabloii.Net Member

I was in a wc2 hamachi league...

I said WoW because that is what WarCraft is, and the alliance icon did not exist until WoW (the horde one, however, did).
It's pretty damn irrelevant to the thread at hand. I feel no need to make any kind of distinction between Orcs and Human or Wrath of the Lich King. Who cares?
I sure don't and I won't be "censoring" myself for it, either.

Alright...

1. I was just commenting a personal feeling about Warcraft, I didn't point it out as "Demanding" you to change that or you will be dead, and never made it as something relevant to the thread. It was just a little personal comment which is why it's even with an smaller font. I was NOT implying you should censor anything, it was a personal comment...

2. The lion Alliance icon did exist before WoW... Of course it wasn't the main icon or such an stable icon as it is now, but in Warcraft 3 lion heads are used for alliance a lot of times (yes I know it's not the icon per se, but it is related)...

3. BTW I was not saying that you should make disctinction between the games, but actually the opposite... Say "Warcraft" refering to the whole warcraft universe instead of "WoW" which excludes the universe idea xD.

4. Relax, kid, I still don't understand the need some of us have to turn a game forum into serious angry discussions....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to the topic... Permaximum, could you please explain to me what the "sigil of Diablo" is?

For some reason the photo of the sigil disappears in the post after some time. That's why i edited and posted the photo second time but still it disappeared again. This time i've uploaded it to imageshack. Let's see if it will stay.

It's included in the Diablo I manual. It's just a sigil you know. If you see it on somewhere or on someone, it probably means they belong to Diablo.

Last edited:

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Honestly. The WoW vs Warcraft semantics is just petty. Everyone knows what is meant when using either one.

On Topic: I like the first and the sixth ones. The first reminds me of a Rahkshi, and the other is a dead giveaway on Diablo, hopefully what his face will look like.

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

4. Relax, kid, I still don't understand the need some of us have to turn a game forum into serious angry discussions....

Then consider not referring to others as children. I'm turning 28 next month and I'm married. What's with the tiny type?
I'm just tired of WoW, WarCraft, and any sensibility in-between, as many reasonable people are. As far as I'm concerned, the entire series of games ended at WC2, which was a great piece of RTS. Anyway, moving on from the supercerealsensitive WC crowd:

Apparently in the collector's edition of SC2 you also get three unique portraits, and they are in here:

http://i8.fastpic.ru/big/2010/0708/6e/eb6dbc199ddbf5fde81dea0772d8456e.jpg

(They are also posted on the collector's site but extremely small and hard to see)
From what I understand, the red marine next to the night elf banshee portrait is supposedly a diablo-themed space marine. Looks pretty wicked. I have no link or source to really back this up, it is just mostly speculation at this point.
But if so, it's kind of lame that WoW gets two custom portraits (a night elf banshee and a tauren space marine), very appropriately iconic, and Diablo gets some throwaway re-skin of a marine. Kind of typical, as Diablo seems to be the red-headed stepchild of the company.

Leugi

Diabloii.Net Member

Damn, was my post severely misunderstood... Ok, let's end it here or we'll get a topic closed...

It seems a safe bet that that custom marine portrait is diablo-themed. There's a III below the face. The grin is similar to that of this image: http://zumodecaos.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/diablo-31.gif and it has 2 big glowing circles similar to this image: http://www.diablowiki.net/images/thumb/6/66/Diablo_3_portrait.jpg/800px-Diablo_3_portrait.jpg

I guess that the reason WoW gets two custom portraits is because it's more famous and actually a finished game... Also because they must have felt the urge of making one for the alliance and another one for the horde... Also because the Marine Tauren was already seen at an April Fool's joke so it isn't so interesting to fans I guess...

It would have been awesome to see a Thor-riding barbarian though :(

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

Damn, was my post severely misunderstood... Ok, let's end it here or we'll get a topic closed...

It seems a safe bet that that custom marine portrait is diablo-themed. There's a III below the face. The grin is similar to that of this image: http://zumodecaos.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/diablo-31.gif and it has 2 big glowing circles similar to this image: http://www.diablowiki.net/images/thumb/6/66/Diablo_3_portrait.jpg/800px-Diablo_3_portrait.jpg

I guess that the reason WoW gets two custom portraits is because it's more famous and actually a finished game... Also because they must have felt the urge of making one for the alliance and another one for the horde... Also because the Marine Tauren was already seen at an April Fool's joke so it isn't so interesting to fans I guess...

It would have been awesome to see a Thor-riding barbarian though :(
I actually didn't notice the "III" in the portrait, good eye. I can jive with the tauren april fool's joke idea but I still think that Diablo got shafted on this. They could have done something really cool, like using the actual Diablo model inside of the marine suit or something, maybe making him look like a zerg unit.
It's a cool-looking portrait but I don't think it got nearly the same attention as the WoW portraits did.

Flux

Administrator

Here's the pic, zoom in for a closer look, assuming you've got the FF browser plug in that allows such things. At any rate, it looks like an empty helmet to me; but the mysterious internal light source causes the curve of the hat to mimic the Diablo grin of which you refer to. So close enough...

Maybe they'll release another version of this once Diablo is officially revealed, with his head inside of it? Then again, I don't think his horns are real conducive to haberdashery....

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

Flux, that is a portrait of a cat-like mechanical unit from the SC2 campaign. It's called a "Predator".
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/850126/starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty/images/starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty-20100422021900026.html?page=mediaFull

Under "Zerg Research Progress", the 15th tier on the left. Freaking sad that I know this.

I can see where you got the idea, though, and would have been pretty killer as a helmet.

edit: Here is just the Diablo III portrait:

And this only comes from the collector's edition as downloadable content. I wonder if there is an in-game model to back it up, or if the portrait is at least animated.

Last edited:

Flux

Administrator

That's what I get for posting SC2-related news without knowing anything about the game. Or looking over the whole mass of avatars that closely...

Incidentally, who numbered the the third block of the huge avatar master image? And in what world does 6x6=35? ;)

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

Y'know, I've wondered that myself. I got it from a russian site at some point or other, I don't remember. It was datamined so I don't know who was responsible for that one. Maybe it started at zero. :p

Leugi

Diabloii.Net Member

Y'know, I've wondered that myself. I got it from a russian site at some point or other, I don't remember. It was datamined so I don't know who was responsible for that one. Maybe it started at zero. :p
Yes it might have started at zero...

BTW, the portrait chart comes directly from the Game's Data Files, it is stored together with all the textures, and one could see it with the Editor at the Beta... (There were also some interesting things that didn't have placeholders... I saw hybrids and stuff, nice things)

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

Yes it might have started at zero...

BTW, the portrait chart comes directly from the Game's Data Files, it is stored together with all the textures, and one could see it with the Editor at the Beta... (There were also some interesting things that didn't have placeholders... I saw hybrids and stuff, nice things)
I went through the files with mpqedit. I must have missed it. >.>
Nice to have confirmation at least. I never knew about the name of the icon so that's sweet.