Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D2 @ wikipedia.org

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Artagas, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

D2 @ wikipedia.org

Ok, first off i honestly hope wikipedia doesn't count as a competing site:)
    Anyhow, it features this entry on D2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_II
    It is a lengthy text, and for the most part a worthy entry for our beloved game.
    Otoh, it is poorly edited and it is marked for a "clean-up" to meet wikipedia's standards. I tought if some of you has the experience with the wiki interface it would be a neat thing to do (I have wikid some in the past, but at a less serious wiki, with much lower formatting standards)

Also some parts (the class-specific parts) are slightly shallow and might (or might not) contain false info, maybe it would be nice if some vet (or two) out there proofread it. The one thing i spotted is the necromancer part saying that CE is more awesome in 1.1 than before because now its damage scales up with the number of players. As far as I know this isn't true, but i was not certain enough to go ahead and edit.
    Either way Diablo deserves a cool wikipedia entry, so if you guys have any good ideas to add there, i suggest you go ahead. Note though, that wikipedia is no place for expressing your opinion so you should try hard to remain subjective and informative.

2. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Yeah, CE doesn't scale but is still a very good skill, it just suffers the same penalty as almost every other skill. There is only one skill that scales with player settings and that's static field.

3. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

Okay, I went ahead and fixed it in that article.

4. Gohanman

Gohanman IncGamers Member

I think CE scaled in the beta (at least the first one). That's probably a good sign of when it was written.

5. Warrior of Light

Warrior of Light IncGamers Member

Good point, Artagas. :thumbsup:
    I have wrote some articles for Russian wikipedia, so I could translate the page about our favorite game too.

AFAIK there are a lot of people here from different countries. We could translate the page into different languages together.

Right now I see only French and Polish translations, and all of them are uncompleted.

6. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

I thought ATMA was on there too, but I can't seem to find it by searching...

Z_O