Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D2 vs. Zelda: OoT

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ffenliv, Apr 1, 2004.

1. ffenliv

ffenliv IncGamers Member

D2 vs. Zelda: OoT

I didn't see this anywhere else on the page, so i thought id post it.
    Go vote for d2 (or zelda if you swing that way)

http://archive.gamespy.com/titlefig...ted=1&voted=1&voted=1&voted=1&voted=1&voted=1

I like Zelda as much as the next perosn, but I don't see how it could be competing with a game with sites like this up drawing in the votes ... if it weren't for hte influence of exceedinly bitter bw fans

2. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

i love the part where the guy whos writing about D2 says that its basicly a fun ez clickfest......i guess he hasnt played this game. Zelda has 1/100000 the depth of d2

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

I'm voting for Zelda because I am one of those bitter BW fans >_<

4. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

I'm voting for Zelda 'cause I'm braindead... (yeah, thank you, thank you, it's morning here alright! That was the biggest, most elegant insult I could present)´. - no offense, Mouse :D

Seriously - what's BW?

5. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

"Legend of Zelda" on NES 8-bit. Say no more. That was one of the first games I played and gosh, it was so great.

I bought a PS2 a quite a while back. Back then, I was choosing from X-box, PS2 and Nintendo Game Cube. I ruled out the NGC because I didn't have a DVD player back then and the NGC is missing such a player. It was kind of tied between the PS2 and X-box, but I think the fact that the PS2 can play PS1 games too made me pick it (I'm a bit of a nostalgic when it comes to games).

What I'm getting at is that now, when I have a great standalone DVD player, I regret not getting the NGC. Why? Because I'm not very much into sports games, and those seem to cover 95% of the PS2 market :rant:. Also, the NGC, even though a bit less punch in the system, seem to have ALOT funnier games. Well, at least what I think is funny. I loved the Zelda games. The PS2 and X-box seem a bit pretentious for my game taste. It's about getting it "so realistic" all the time. My idea of a console is not having a realistic gaming experience. I want colors, action and a great plot! I'll let my PC do the "realistic" games.

So, I have not played the last Zelda games. I'd probably vote for it if I had, based simply on the earlier games :)

6. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

If Diablo2 gets voted best game ever, that actually is the most rediculous thing ever. Well beating both SC and zelda is more than rediculous enough anyway.

Yes, i am a SC fan. Yes, i am convinced SC is the best PC game ever. I don't ever play non PC games, but i'm pretty sure there are special games there as well.

I do play D2, and yeah i voted for it now, its fun and addictive, but calling this best game ever really is rediculous :D

7. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

What makes a game the best? How is that measured. By sales? By how many people play? By name recognition.? By the longevity of the game? Really it is pretty subjective and i would guess if you get 20 people in a room none would agree. I do believe that Diablo is one of the top games in all the catagories that I mentioned. For me personnely i've played it longer than any other game ever, so it is the best game ever made for me.

Starcraft on the other hand was unplayable for me so it would not even be ranked in my top ten list. Does that make it a bad game? For me yes but for others no. A vote like this is actually a very god way to determine the best game of all time. Whether it is or isnt depends on the individual.

8. minion

minion IncGamers Member

IMO there can't be just one 'best game ever' because theres too many games I like and all of them have their strongpoints for example:

diablo2: longevity and replability, but yes it does get old after a while and takes some thinking to keep it fresh

starcraft: longevity definately, and coming up with new strategies can keep you busy, as well as the UMS games.

counter-strike: great game, lots of players, lots of actions, lots of options.

halo: had to mention this becuase I love it and am always playing it with friends, best *real life* multiplayer game IMO

9. ADSL

ADSL IncGamers Member

dungeon keeper: it got to my favorite, if it only had been more multipalyer friendly i would probaly still be playing it, too bad the follow up sucked IMO.

And I agree you cant really name one game the best ever. you can name starcraft the best strategic game ever. and i will probaly agree :).

10. RandomScrewed

RandomScrewed IncGamers Member

Sorry I have to do this... As much as I like D2... Nothing will EVER EVER EVER! be better than any Zelda game... I would Gladly sell my soul for anything Zelda.. :drool:
    yes, i am that much of a nerd

11. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

I got bored of sc in a month lol. Warcraft 2 was a better game .

12. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

My favorite game is backgammon.