Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D2 Veteran returns

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Jsquier, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Jsquier

Jsquier IncGamers Member

D2 Veteran returns

So back in the day, 2000/2001/2002..i played mad diablo2 and LOD. i remember making my amazons with multishot, my barbs with ww, and my nova/orb sorc.

here i am now, 2005...and i want to start playing again but i dont know what characters can stand hell/hell..

any advice. im up for chaton this, jeffs42885 via aim

thanks all!

2. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

From what i hear monsters are considerably more difficult, but i didnt play much pre 1.10. Skelimancers, Hammerdins, Meteorb sorcs are the general starting chars that can complete the game. Check out any of the class specific boards for builds, wach class has many viable builds. Biggest difference you should look at IIRC is skill synergies.

3. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

on the strategy forums there are many guides about how to make a descent character. Most of them can solo hell, some have problems with immune monsters, but most of the times that will be mentioned... try reading some guides and choose sth u seem to like most! everybody's opinion is different

grtz and gl

4. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Generally, if you have good gear, most builds can withstand hell. (Barring a few novelty builds)

So a starter build would actually be one that has less dependence on equipment to do damage. That would be the Hammerdin, Skellimancer or Sorcs.

Of those my fave is the skellimancer because you don't need a lot of FCR gear and you don't have to save up skill points for those lvl 30 skills, raise skeli is a level 1 skill.

Hammerdins and sorcs are a blast as well.