Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D2 Od?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Starseed, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

D2 Od?

Definitely. I'm pretty much at a point where I'm ready to just scrap every single character I have, take some time off then start from scratch. I just bailed out of a rush a friend was giving me because I accidentally put an extra point into one of my skills and upset the balance of my build. I'm kind of ashamed at how much such a stupid, simple mistake had bothered me but it got me thinking that I may be trying to take my characters a little TOO seriously. On top of that, this is probably about my eighth 'restart' this week.. the last several consisting of gear passed down from other chars. which I think might be part of the problem: rushing a char. solely for gear and not playing for real means of 'enjoyment'.

I kept telling myself "If I can just get the powerhouse MF build I always wanted, my NEXT char will be the one I sit back and enjoy the game with" but.. at the moment, I'm not really enjoying it much at all. :/

2. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

:(
    take a break dude

3. th5418

th5418 Banned

.....Freak. Not even i take d2 that seriously.

4. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

One thing that really re-energized my experience was not rushing. I now no longer give or take rushes, I also don't do group baal runs for XP. I plan my characters out just as carefully, and often prepare all of their gear in advance, but I just enjoy the game while I'm leveling. Also, my personal approach to MF is to enjoy the hunt and the find. I hardly ever set out looking for a particular item or items, but just take what comes. Also too much channel trading can sap the game of it's zest, in my experience.

Mith

P.S. A few years ago I actually played the game til my eyes bled. This is not a figure of speech. The whites of my eyes were blood red and I couldn't stand any light at all. That's what about 40 hours of straight play time wil do to you. I'm pretty sure that if I hadn;t taken a break then I would be calling my sojs "my preciousssss" and living ina cave eating raw fish and playing d2 all day by now.

but then again it could've just been a problem with my monitor...

5. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

Ahhhh, the internet. Always the place to go when you are looking for a little nonjudgemental understanding and sympathy.

6. th5418

th5418 Banned

Take that back! PIKACHU! Thunderbolt that .... flaming monkey.

7. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

Hey, if I'm a freak.. think of all those people plunking down gobs of money to BUY stuff for the game off the internet. :p

I draw the line at my Meph (or Baal, can't decide which I like better yet) tat.. o_O

8. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I took a four month break from the game last spring. I happened to return about a month before 1.10 went live. I deleted most of my old characters and mules and I've been playing ladder ever since.

If you're feeling burned out, by all means leave the game to collect some dust for awhile and don't be afraid to start over fresh. A game is only fun when you want to play.

As far as getting frustrated over ruining a character's build, we've all been in that position. I've been playing this game for 3 years and I have yet to build a "perfect" character (although I think my most recent werewolf druid may finally be just that).