D2 Lan

DarkAce

Diabloii.Net Member
D2 Lan

First, let me start with a disclaimer
<--------Noob. :yes
at least when it comes to meta-playing d2.

That being given, I play d2 online with some good friends. I was hoping to throw a bit of a d2 lan party, what have you, in August. However, as I understand it from thread hopping, two people cannot be on bnet at the same time from the same router? is this true?
I've read many posts about people running separate d2 accounts on different computers (using to mule or BO).
I was wondering if anyone might be kind enough to explain how this might be done?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: D2 Lan

1. upto 4 people iirc can be on the same realm at the same time iirc before you get a temp ip ban (each copy of d2 needs seperate key(s) to work)

2. fast user switching, vm, or a hacked file (cannot discuss here)
you can use the same acct, with different chars to mule also

Running Two Copies of D2 on One Computer

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member

A LAN group would not need b.net at all, but rather a Local Area Network for everyone to join.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

fty, you can have a lan party and play on bnet

all users would have the same internet ip, so be sure to change games very slowly, avoid any bot-like activity, and try to avoid anything else that would give a temp ip ban

DarkAce

Diabloii.Net Member

Ahh... I think I see.
So so long as my friends and I have our own cd-keys and the number of friends is 4 or less, we can play on bnet together (provided we don't switch games quickly etc.)

I hope I interpreted this correctly...(?)

While I do understand the LAN feature, we were hoping to lvl our bnet chars, but thank you for the suggestion.

A sincere thanks to responses, I really appreciate the input :]]]