Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D2 install help please

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Skittlesss, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skittlesss

Skittlesss IncGamers Member

D2 install help please

Hi, I've been having trouble installing diablo2 completely on my computer and I was wondering if anyone can help me figure it out. I downloaded a torrent version because I cannot find my old d2 chest set at all and i just want to play single player. The torrent has everything and is legit so I don't believe it's the problem. My computer has played and run d2 with no problems before and I just reformatted my comp so it's like brand new. The specific problem is that my computer just slows down so much late in the installer. The beginning goes perfectly fine And I can Internet smoothly with th installer going. When it gets to d2char.mpq my comp just almost crashes and loads so slow. I left it on overnight b/c I can hear my comp loading but it progressed only 1 bar. If anyone can figure this out it would be awesome. The version of the diablo might be very old like 1.0 Im really not sure

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Re: D2 install help please

No excuse. The downloaded version of the game could be literally anything, and do literally anything to your computer. We cannot and will not assist with you pirating a copy of this game, regardless of how old it is.

Even more of a reason to believe the download is dodgy as all hell. It could be doing anything during those last stages of installation, such as installing some backdoor hack or any sort of trojan.

Just buy the copy of the game again and register it with Blizzard at www.battle.net. This way you'll never need to worry about cd-keys or discs again, as you can always download the game from them and get your keys from your account without any issues.

Do not post this question again on this forum. If you have any questions about this, send me a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.