D2 in the Real World?

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
State College!!!

All you can eat pasta at the Corner Room Monday nights (or was it Tuesday night :ponder:)
Baby's Diner Wimpies (miniture hamburgers)
Big Blue Book store on the corner
Uncle Chen's
DP Dough

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
Diabo is spanish for devil so there are a ton of drinks/food w/ diablo in the name. Sangria del Diablo, BAKED FISH STICKS DIABLO, tequila diablo, BLACK-CURRANT DIABLO, etc. Personally, I think the game creators raided Milton's Paradise Lost, but then so have most evengelical preachers, myself, I like Dante's vision better.

LeorictheDark

Diabloii.Net Member
water_moon said:
Diabo is spanish for devil so there are a ton of drinks/food w/ diablo in the name. Sangria del Diablo, BAKED FISH STICKS DIABLO, tequila diablo, BLACK-CURRANT DIABLO, etc. Personally, I think the game creators raided Milton's Paradise Lost, but then so have most evengelical preachers, myself, I like Dante's vision better.

Leave it to w_m to find a recipe with Diablo in it. =))

Do dreams count? Because after I veg out in front of Diablo for a few (6) hours it's all I can think about all night.

Kool69

Diabloii.Net Member
LeorictheDark said:
Leave it to w_m to find a recipe with Diablo in it. =))

Do dreams count? Because after I veg out in front of Diablo for a few (6) hours it's all I can think about all night.
mmmmm ever had a dream with gold runes? vex ber jah cham ko lo and el, and of course hell diablo dropped them duh =D

Torstar

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, so this is kinda silly...but today as I was removing lint from my pants using some fancy electrical lint remover I happened to look at the name. It was called "Windforce". This is the first wf I've found (and looking at the odds probably the last) :D

ScarsOfTomorrow

Diabloii.Net Member
Torstar said:
Ok, so this is kinda silly...but today as I was removing lint from my pants using some fancy electrical lint remover I happened to look at the name. It was called "Windforce". This is the first wf I've found (and looking at the odds probably the last) :D
Haha I have one of those on my desk for some odd reason.. I was about to post about mine until I saw your post. :lol:

NeckRomancer

Diabloii.Net Member
If you start seeing Diablo II in the real world it's not a signal to reinstall D2. It's a signal to stop playing it and go to your local psychiatrist. Otherwise, you might be tempted to frenzy the stooped balding man using a walking stick thinking "Night Lord! Night Lord!" :D

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Torstar said:
I wander how much damage does it do? Or I should ask what is your char level? :lol:

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
This thread is a little old, but I noticed that when I play tennis and the score is 40/15 I immediately think of D2, which usually in turn makes me laugh, which in turn makes my friends think I'm an idiot.....

Ter

Diabloii.Net Member
Thirty-Thirty said:
I wasn't expecting to find another physics student in these parts. Good luck!
and a former one...
got my bachelor in physics a decade ago.

EnerSense

Diabloii.Net Member
I work for a cell phone company in the customer service department. A few times a week we would call back our customers to follow up on an issue and notate it on the account. The shorthand for call back is CB. I play the Sorceress in LOD so when I see that, I usually think of Charged Bolt.

Gnoggen

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
Not D2 related, but i was on a school trip a couple of years ago and this old petrol station had a sign saying 'Shell' on the side, but a tree had covered the 'S' so it just had a big sign ont he side of the building saying 'Hell'. Actually, that is sort of D2 related, but only slightly.
Also, a diablo clone spawned in my history class and it killed 3 of my classmates (damn minions, so weak) but since i dont play bnet i ignored it and he walked out after a while to go to the pub.
I actually laughed out loud when I read this. This is pretty remarkable as I can sit through most comedies/sitcoms and they elicit merely a smirk most of the time.

azn_apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member
NeckRomancer said:
If you start seeing Diablo II in the real world it's not a signal to reinstall D2. It's a signal to stop playing it and go to your local psychiatrist. Otherwise, you might be tempted to frenzy the stooped balding man using a walking stick thinking "Night Lord! Night Lord!" :D
Or go up to the stooped balding man and ask him to "identify items." (He might be a little confused!)

Or run in and out of department stores constantly, hoping they'll have different stuff for sale each time you go in.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
azn_apocalypse said:
Or run in and out of department stores constantly, hoping they'll have different stuff for sale each time you go in.
You'd have to leave town, too. Though any cop watching go back and forth over the city limit would prob. carry you to the station on general priciple.

Penelope

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: D2 in the Real World?

<--- posting in a really old thread

I don't think this has happened to me... Yet...

Malevolent

Diabloii.Net Member

i should Pm elly to give you an official title

Thread-Necromancer .......

mr teach

Diabloii.Net Member

yep we should do that - but the necroed threads are somewhat interessting

Twibz

Diabloii.Net Member

Where I work we have OutWork which when abbreviated at work is OW which of course is Open Wounds, ZOMG!!!!!