Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D2 Classic

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Color_Wolf, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Color_Wolf

Color_Wolf IncGamers Member

D2 Classic

Ok i just started to play Classic yesterday since, well, D2X seems to offer no challenge nowaday (well yeah, i am an 1.09 nub but mind you)... well, i'd start with an easier class (sorc) and she's lvl 29 now in nm...

But anyway there are a few questions i kinda want to ask the D2C experts (hope there's some :p )

1). Are the mlvl the same as the mlvl in D2X?
    2). Is there socket armor exist? I mean, I have never seen a grey armor or shopped a socketed armor, even though i found numerous socketed shield/armor
    3). I heard that elite items doesn't exist, is it true? (hope so)
    4). What kind of uniques exist in D2C? I know those infamous soj/frostie/twich exist, but are there exceptional uniques? For sure some doesn't like gold strike (or why do ppl want carrion song?)
    5). Where can i find more info about D2C? Man, they should've make a D2C forum...

Thx in advance for any helps... :drink:

2. Inu

Inu Banned

1.Mlvls are +25 for NM and additional +25 for Hell in Classic.
    2. You can socket rare armors with the SoJ+PS recipe
    3. No elites ( =D )
    4. No exceptional uniques. Only normal ones. Carrion Song was an uber dupe Gothic Bow on West or East I believe?
    5. No additional info about classic here. I've taken the demand of a classic forum as far as you could and they will never make one.

3. Color_Wolf

wow cool thx... i guess i'd bombard you with more questions then... :)

1). What are the unique ammys? only the first 3?
    2). Is there +2 skill ammy exist in D2C?
    3). What mlvl is hell diablo? lvl 94 as said in arreat? or lvl 40+25+25 = 90?
    4). What 1h weapon does a sorc commonly use? I know staff is an option for high skills but i need my 3 diamond shield for resist... right now my sorc (lvl 41, nm act 3) still using hell forge hammer... :lol: It seems spectral shard isthe only "good" 1h sorc weapon i can think of... kinda unfair that necro has those nice +2 skill wands where sorc doesn't.
    5). Maybe a dumb question but is there 3 socket mask exist? Been looking for one forever and seems only those 2 socket helm/war hats dropped.

Why didn't they make a classic forum anyway? I mean, with the recent 1.10 it seems much more ppl are playing the classic just for challenge; before all you need is about lvl 30 to get into ladder now the lowest lvl in classic ladder is lvl 80... But anyway it's not my forum so not that it matters much...

4. Ansi

Ansi IncGamers Member

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. 90
    4. Spectral Shard
    5. Crown, Mask and Great helmet can have 3 sockets, including their exceptional versions.

5. itsmillertime

itsmillertime IncGamers Member

if i could inject a question of my own, can throwing weapons be magical in classic. i too have just started back into classic and i cant ever remember seeing a magical javelin or throwing axe.

6. ThereIsNoSpoon

ThereIsNoSpoon IncGamers Member

Yes, you can get 3 socket helms in classic, but there's a rule for both classic and expansion - only monsters lvl 40 and above can drop 3 socket helms. So it's most likely immpossible to get one in classic on normal mode (unless bid d drops it).

7. Angelic_Golem

Angelic_Golem IncGamers Member

Yes they can be magical, but they still suck. Barb using throwing wpns sux after lvl 60, just to low dmg.

8. Color_Wolf

But couldn't barb imbue a normal war java and hope for a sweet high %ed one? Dunno what is the highest % in rare items but i did found a 148% (?) rare normal weapon (forgot which)

9. Ansi

Ansi IncGamers Member

No They cant. Superior is the best throwing weapon you'll find in classic.

10. Ansi

Ansi IncGamers Member

200% and 14 min/20 max.

11. ColorWolf

ColorWolf IncGamers Member

Hey, new questions:

ok, i was thinking of making a pvp smiter in D2C. I had been shopping forever in Act 1 Hell with my lvl 76 sorc for a decent priest (+2 pally skill) war sceptor that has decent +holy shield skills. I seen several priest sceptors (all with bad mods) but out of all the sceptors i seen (500+) none has +holy shield skills.

That made me think can sceptors possibly have +holy shield skills? I seen +holy shock, +sanctuary, +conversion...etc. but never +holy shield. :(

On a side note, can shield has priest mod? I seen rare shield with +1 pally skill but i really want a barbed shield (best smiter shield) with +2 pally skill :(