Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D2 Classic Hc

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Someone14, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Someone14

Someone14 IncGamers Member

D2 Classic Hc

Hey,

I got totally bored of 1.10 LOD (played only 1 week -_-). Now I'd like to try Classic, which I played pretty much in 1.09. Got a couple of questions about changes in d2classic:

1. Did they change monsters? More immunes?
    2. Are there synergies etc. (new things to 1.10)?
    3. Are there any new items, or just the old 'classic-ones'?
    4. What would be the most versatile starting character for 1.10 d2classic hc. Would like to do some mf'ing and exp of course.

Tell me everything you know about the 1.10 classic!
    Thank u in advance. And now to some :drink:

2. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Items are basically the same, but Dual leech is possible on rings again and ammys.

Monsters are beefed up, many more PI bosses, things arent much different than Xpac.

Basically Classic is similar to 1.08 items wise in some ways, but all the monsters are twice as tuff.

Any Character will basically work, but the same ones that do well in Xpac without a merc will work in Classic. Skellies even without Might will do a great job soloing in a solo or small game, but you need to help them with many bosses as they just dont deliver the same punch as they do with a Might Merc.

Javas do excellent but mana is always an issue since thier weapons max out at like 63 max damage and dissapear once used up!!!

Barbs will do fine, but need crushing in Hell to do well. They can still do fine in hell without, but getting a good weapon isnt easy.

Hammerdins are smokin even naked!

Sorcs, Blizz, orb, Met, fireball.........

3. Someone14

So Whirlwind baba would do just fine in hc 1.10 classic? How about skills for ww-barbarian, im not good with those synergies :innocent:
    Is there any guides for 1.10 classic? If you're familiar with 1.10 classic hc, I'd like to hear some experiences etc!

4. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

max WW/BO/shout one in command/nat res/iron skin rest into mastery then IS/NR (if you nead more resists)

im no classic guru, so if im saying something wrong sorry :p

5. Someone14

Hmm, back in 1.09 classic I had macebaba with base dex, and it rocked. Blocking doesn't need dex in classic and I did get attack rating from set-items, like sigons helm + gloves. Im not sure about 1.10, but is this same barbarianbuild still viable to stay alive and exp well?

6. Mert1

Mert1 IncGamers Member

WW barb goes fine with crushing blow
    When I 1st tried ww barb in 1.10 I was like WTF? cant kill sh7t - switched to berserk instead. You know cs runs full with leecher barbs.
    But later I levelled one with rattlecage and bonesnap and it was such a relief - norm cows were just a meat at lvl 30, NM a bit harder. But was able to level in Flayers alone 8ppl till 80.
    So take as much crushing as you can. Try a good martel with rattlecage and goblins, angelic gewellery for AR or use ll rings with AR instead. Visible problem is lightning resist - when levelling in Flayers wwing a LE boss can be very painful. And of course with ww baba you wont kill PhI monsters unless you use open wounds or something - let others kill. Same with poison resist how funny it would seem - spiders in act 3 temples take at least 100 hp per poison tick.
    CS is leeching place only - before you could ww and survive (thats why all those 6 ps lances etc), now most likely you get IMed and die immediately. Same with Berserk - wont kill anything in 8 ppl cs run.
    If you want try non -ww barb, singer does OK (shard, 900 - reqs ornate, 30/20 grim shield, frosts, lenymo, mana boots and rings for iron singer), but most pvm activity on hell goes in cs runs, so it depends on you comp and connection - for me 1.10 cs looks like slide-show
    Throw barb definitely lacks weapons, concentrate actually suxx (too little dmg), if you want try Berserk you may look my guide http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=143794&highlight=berserk - its based mostly on 1.10 classic experience

7. Someone14

So you say that this "non-dex-all-vit" macebaba is still playable? Im starting now, so Im totally untwinked. Want to have good starting character and I've lots of experience of macebaba, not in 1.10 though...

8. Kim

Kim Banned

unless ur playing pvm only 1.10 classic is unplayable :surprise:

9. Someone14

You made my day :flip:

10. Kim

Kim Banned

a barb duel last 5 seconds :clap: :clap: :clap:

11. Mert1

Mert1 IncGamers Member

in 1.09 I mostly played PvP, was fun - all turned around ama ^^
    1.10 I was HC only and it seemed SC duels lost most of its interest
    Anyway one who playes classic does it for atmospere, if need duels, make pure BS necro - fun to see how he owns all those fat barbs with bonecage~

12. Someone14

Well yea nice to hear but...I got some questions since the barb doesn't seem to be the best starting character. Tell me your opinion:
    What is the best starting character for Classic 1.10 HC? I want to make some mf-runs to get decent itemstorage, and after that make other characters. I don't like very slow builds so...tell me what char should I make!

13. Mert1

Mert1 IncGamers Member

no, barb IS the char to start with. Just read the guide omg, or use ww baba
    what do you propose? Sorc with no items? Necro is good for cows, but nobody cowing in Hell. Pala is definitely not an MF char. Some advised using java and then run Shenk, but I dont know if it will work for classic
    Or try be special and make Enchantress

14. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Running shenk with a java will work wonders in classic ^_^

Also, how is a hammerdin not an MF char?
    Really, where do you need gear outside of shield for resists in hell, and maybe a shard or something for FCR...that leaves plenty of space open for MF gear =/

15. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Most any barb can smoke NM if you want to build a little item cash, but in hell he needs some crushing to do well or a big weapon. Two handed Mace does fine just getting the Mart that is the issue.

As far as MF......well, Norm and NM Meph can give you the essentials to get AR and stuff like that, but your weapons will have to come from imbues, shopping or probably Hell. Andy is a good run in Classic also.

If you check wands and run the Norm and NM spots, collect some things for a sorc and you can do Hell Meph. Since she has no Merc you need to kill fast and tank hard so one build I have been tols that works very well in Classic for solo Meph is like this.

Max Orb/Mastery
    Then either Max Shiver with high D items, or go ES and Telek
    Big static. Static still works big in Classic so its your best skill still.

This sorc is almost worthless for anything but Meph and Andy runs in Hell. She can CS to get some lvls and if you will tele center and pop seals the hammerdins will do all the killing.

Skelly Necros as i said before ar good but slow for MF.

Hammerdins......well with minimal gear wont have the fast cast to be super speedy and are risky solo in hell if you are legit, no MH. They will kill fine even with slow hammers but they are on the edge of death constantly while in Hell solo, but i guess sorcs are also.

Blizz works well there also, but if you are going to be a teleporting nut you need the max in defensive skills, and ORB is probably the best kill with the least amount of offensive spent points.

Many sorcs in Classic get very high Warmth or a more PvP build with high Teleprot also.

I never made an MFer in Classic 1.10, i just ran around all over Act 3 and 4 and killed everything and got my stuff that way, and also Hell and NM CS runs for Diablo and Seal Boss dropps and you can do that with a Necro it just takes time

Late NM can drop all the exceptional stuff so dont put presure on yourself to MF Hell past Andy until you think you just cant get anyhting better unless you go farther.

Andy is also notorious for dropping Stones.....never know,,, you might cure your woes in one run, might take 1000?!?!?

16. Someone14

Stinger thank you a lot. Good tips there.

17. Mert1

Mert1 IncGamers Member

to Mouse_wiz
    Hammerdin is not MF char because he needs to run all the way to Meph or Andy. Hammerdin in Travincal? - I wouldnt do that solo. Hammerdin in cows or Flayer? - not bad, but its more like exp runs. Theres no such thing as the Pit in D2C

and as to Shenk - hmmm seems you were laughing at one of most Classic addicted players there^^ - I played classic only for...omg...4 years...Sure I dont know where Shenk is and where he isnt :)

18. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I did Trav runs in Hell Classic with my hammerdin.......works great, but you best chck mods and not be near those FE/LE freaks and there are runs that it is just best to S&E and make a new one! Curse, Fanta, Might all at once was one i remember very well!!! Thank you Vigor!

19. Mert1

Mert1 IncGamers Member

back in 1.09 Travincal was my main MFing place. Used 35x lance and 26xx life, but died every 15-20 runs. This is not for HC, one thing is always FE, another cursed + might or fana for sure and they much tougher in 1.10. Seems suicidal to me doing that regularly. But... dunno can be OK if you did it many times

20. Someone14

What would be the best places to MF in classic hc, my character is macebaba. What kind of gear would be optimal? I have base dex, so I have to get AR from items...