Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D.r. capped at 50%?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by rykuss, Apr 25, 2005.

1. rykuss

rykuss Banned

D.r. capped at 50%?

I was recently told that d.r. was capped at 50% and was wondering if this is true. If so, then it would seem that i've been wasting my time by piling on d.r. gear when i could find more useful mods on other gear. Also, is one source of LL and ML enough to suffice say, a ww barb? I've been trying to build pvp chars and am coming up short on gear. If there is in fact a d.r. cap then i could shift some of my gear around and provide for my other chars.

Could anyone shed some light on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. ScruffyhawkIII

ScruffyhawkIII IncGamers Member

yes, the cap on dr is 50%. and leach no longer works in pvp, but in pvm a single mana leaching should work if you have around 250-300 mana after casting battle orders.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

thumbrule on leech (for me) is to have at least 5-6-7%ml. As long as you hit something while whirlwinding, you will be fine.
    Lifesteal should at least be over 10%, but you can never have too much. Its a cheap life insurance!
    For example, i once had a zealot with 45%ll, fastest attackspeed, and a few thousand damage. Do i need to say he barely ever died?
    I even did cut down on resists, so they were under 0, but still worked fine.
    (dont you dare to cut down on resists if pvp though!) :D

4. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

uhh you managed to die with that? did he have like 5hp or something?

edit: also why not just use draculs?

5. Orbstu

Orbstu IncGamers Member

He did not say he died a lot he said "Barely Ever" so I would say being hit by numerous fire arches of souls at the same time would certainly kill you. Also if you are fighting skellies, etc you cannot leech.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Your melee character can die quite easily, no matter what his leech is and no matter if life tap is running or not.

A few examples:

1. PIs: If your enemies are immune to physical damage, neither Draculs nor any amount of leech helps. In fact, a zealot might have absolutely no problems with Lister and his pack, but a group of lets say 20 succubi (the PI ones from WSK 3) might kill him if doesn't retreat.

2. Stygian dolls: If you kill a few dolls plus a boss with an uninterruptible attack like WW or zeal and fail too many blocking rolls (25% chance), your character is dead.

3. Oblivion knights: If you start an uninterruptible attack and get cursed with iron maiden during that, your character is dead as well. A solution for a paladin (who doesn't have berserk, like a barbarian) might be a weapon with small physical damage, but big elemental damage, e.g. from the enchant skill. The problem is that the OK helpers are fire immune.

7. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

....... good thing you guys are not playing hardcore..

8. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

draculs are great lifesavers, but i usually try not to use them.
    The only great mod on them is the life tap, and if i can get enough leech elsewhere, i'd rather use laying of hands for 350% damage to demons instead.
    (assuming its for pvm)
    And what kills me with that high leech is either PI's, or strong elemental attacks. Occasionally also bosspacks of bloodlords with fana/extrafast/extrastrong/multipleshot/lightningenhanced (pick 2-3 of those) :D