Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

d clone

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by rdjw, Apr 5, 2004.

1. rdjw

rdjw IncGamers Member

d clone

What is the deal with d clone? i know he drops an anni, but like, how do u know he's there? where will he be? guess just some basic info on him. thanks

2. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

IMO Diablo clone appears in your game randomly. I guess it depends who you talk to. Some people think that he is triggered if you sell Stones Of Jordans to merchants, others just think that he will appear in your game if you are extremy lucky. He only drops the Unique Small Charm if you kill him in hell.
    He has max Physical Reduction, 95 resist all (? i think) and heals very quickly.

You know here is there because the screen goes black, and a message say "Diablo Walks The Earth'. Don't look for him! He will find you! The next super Unique monster you find will be the Clone

A trick to help the clone appear is:

Set you character in a hell game overnight, with a book on a mouse button, so you are active, and wont get dropped from the game. Hopefully in the morning he will be in your game.

Another trick is to Make him as a monster near blood raven (slither her first) Lead him into her burial ground, kill her and he will drop dead too! (everything near blood raven dies when she does)

You could also spam him as lister and look for the uber house... :lol: :lol:

Just ignore that last tip....hope this is of some help :thumbsup:

3. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

The common belief these days is that his appearence IS directly linked to the SoJ counter, but you don't have to actually sell any yourself. As long as people on your server sell SoJs (ie. the counter is going up steadily) he should show eventually. I know that early on he was expected to show up in all difficulties but has anyone fought him anywhere but Hell? I think he only pops in hell because in the arreat summit website, they only have stats for him in hell. (it even syas he only shows in Hell) Some people were apparently able to use programs or code fiddling to spawn him in normal and nightmare but that's not natural. Also, I don't think that the bypass to killing him by spawning him near a unique monster who kills everythig when they die (blood raven, shenk, etc...) works anymore. I spawned him as eldritch and led him to shenk and then killed shenk and he didn't die.

Here's the link about him from bliz's official site. It has his stats and offers advice for taking him on:
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/act5-uberdiablo.shtml

In my experience, I took him on with my hammerdin (is there anything they can't do??) and he went down in no time. I had maxed resists (90/90/95/90, thank you GA), some fire absorb from dwarf star and some lightening absorb from T Gods. Good gear but not super uber elite. My sorc didn't stand a chance against him though.

4. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

5. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

He IS spawned by the sale of sojs - proven time and again. If U happen to be on the same ip as the sellers, he will walk the earth in yer game.

Common spawn points are Cold Plains and Stoney Field due to the map openess and ease of other creatures....

6. Glovebait

Glovebait IncGamers Member

Ah I was hoping someone would link to dredd's post. Its the best information I have come across for dclone spawing yet.

I took all the imformation from dredd's post and tried it myself...Everything there is 100% correct. The first time I spawned Dclone I was lucky enough to be on an active server and only had to sell 5 soj's.

I took on Dclone with my zeal/fanat pally with no problems. In fact he is my only char that CAN stand up to him right now. Had fire absorb from dwarf star and Rising sun ammy..and a raven frost on so he couldn't freeze me. Going to have to try a hammerdin soon...they look fun!

7. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

Oh they are but I have to admit, they can get old quick cause they never die or even really struggle at all! ;)

8. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

I used my crappily (is that a word?) built half-assed Conc Barb in full IK to take down Dclone a few times. It took awhile (5-10 minutes) but got the job done. Used my new hammerdin for the first time last nite, and 12k hammers took him out in about 15 seconds. Not as fun, but sure as hell effective.

9. SmKGrNs

SmKGrNs Banned

I'm in a game where it said diablo walks the earth but i cant find dclone anywhere, what do i do??