Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D clone?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Saraph, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Saraph

Saraph IncGamers Member

D clone?

iv only heard of it. never seen it.

what is d clone? diablo clone? how does this little event play out?

2. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

3. Saraph

Saraph IncGamers Member

all the info i found in that was scetchy..

unclear talk of SoJ counts.

Is it hell difficulty? just a D clone just randomly appear in each new game?
    Like say i made 5 hell act 4 games, and say in only like 3 of those games there was a D clone.. is that what happens? whats the whole SoJ thing? does the D Clone drop SoJ's or something?

4. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

people sell sojs to make diablo clone appear in a game. i'm pretty sure d clone can only spawn in hell difficulty. after a certain amount of sojs are sold, you get a message saying "diablo walks the earth". from there, the next superunique monster you encounter will spawn as diablo clone.

if you manage to defeat him, he'll drop an annihilus small charm.

that's as much as i know, i wasn't playing online when everyone was killing him a whole bunch. i don't really know all the details of it.

5. svata

svata IncGamers Member

Some general info on dclone:

D clone only spawns in Hell.
    People need to sell SOJs for him to spawn.
    If you see soj counter in a game, it means that when enough SOJs are sold Dclones will spawn in that game and all Hell games located on that sever. There are about 200 servers and you can view what server you are at by using a command like Netstat in the run command of windows (the server is the numbers before :4000)

When Dclone spawns, you will know it! The game begins to shake.
    Once Dclone spawns he will appear at first unique you come across, that was not previously loaded by game.
    Dclone is very strong.

I have seen him 3 times and never got the charm he drops most of the time. I have way too much lag so can never pick up any decent stuff in public games. LOL.

By the way the SOJ counter also appears in NM but only counter appears. If in NM game and soj counter appears, you could create your own hell game on that server if you can figure out the server you are on and keep creating games until you creat one on the initial NM game's server.

A lot of people spawn dclone in stoneyfield near the portal to rescue cain. It is a good location but if you are in a public game and want some privacy suggest you spawn him in some more remote area.

Hope this helps.

PS the easiest way to spawn Dclone is to have lots of SOJs and just sell them in a hell game. LOL