Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cystal sword Greif

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by newbiexxx, Jun 19, 2005.

1. newbiexxx

newbiexxx IncGamers Member

Cystal sword Greif

Just a quick question.
    Is this type of sword viable for dual weilding ww barb?

Dex point saved all go to vita or str.

2. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Yes if it has more than a 34ias spawn to hit lwwp. Crystal sword is normal version of phase blade and has base weapon speed of 0 unlike pb which has -30 You will lose out in range as it has range 2. Maybe for PvM it doesn't matter hehe However a Grief Pb is much better as i find it flexible to mule it over to wolfbarb or other exotic projects for testing because of that -30 speed and being indestructible is the icing on the cake :D Cheers

edit: Hmm crystal sword need 0 dex to equip and this is good for dual weilder as less dex = more life hehe

3. newbiexxx

newbiexxx IncGamers Member

Oh, thanks. completely miss out that the base speed thing.

4. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

If u wanna go base stats, i suggest u use flamberge grief, any ias on it will hit last break point and its range 3 as well not range 2 like crystal swords are. Even though theres no point in using swords, i have a bvc with all points in vita and he happily wields grief and beast zerkers, more damage, and most importantly resale value, i very much doubt u will be able to resale your flamberge should u ever want to do it.

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

I agree -resale value isn't too great but for a PvM mf sword/shield mf barb thats a great sword to have i.e Grief Flamberge/Zweihander and all you need is enuff str to equip stormshield. This could be attained from charms, gear, etc :D @Lvl 59 you have your endgame sword that has ITD/PMH for the masses and ds hehe Flamberges/Zweihanders are much easily found than beserker axes and always get 5 sockets from Mr Larzuk and that could be their saving grace :D Also a less than 34ias spawn on zerker means it has to be muled over to your pally :(