Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cyelemental

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Chronus24, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Chronus24

Chronus24 IncGamers Member

Cyelemental

If I want to make a single element sorc, what is the best element to do this with? Does the chilling power of Cold Orb outweight its lower damage? Can the crazy-high damage of meteor and fireball be justified against the numerous immunes and resistants? Can the heavenly glory of the Chain Lightning in full arc be the underdog victor here?

All but my first question are rhetorical and are merely meant to spark thought and debate.

2. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

All Single-tree builds are absolutly usuable builds. In Hell wit a good Merc ouy can Solo alone aswell, and partyplay is no problem.

Usual Singe-tree builds:

FIRE: max Meteor/Fireball/FM/Firebolt
    LIGHTNING: Max CB/Lightning/CL/LM
    COLD:
    max Icebolt(nearly maxed..)/Iceblast/Glacial Spike/Blizzard/CM
    or
    max Icebolt/Frozen Orb/CM and then possibly Cold armor or 20Telekinesis/1ES

Just some examples and all do very good, a good Merc can deal with immunes ;) everything else dies really fast!

3. Chronus24

Hmmm....maybe I'll make 3 sorcs and have them study one element each...fun!

Next Q: Which of the cold armors is best, if at all, and are they superior to Energy shied since they don't kill your mana?

And it has been proven that max Icebolt/Frozen Orb/Cold Mastery can kill efficiently, right? I wonder just becasue the much lower visible damage output than say, Meteor, is a bit worrysome.

4. Shutdown

Shutdown IncGamers Member

oooooooo, i aint posted here in a while. some may remember me. anyway i used to have (may still exist) a blizzard sorc. max synergies and blizzard. with remaining skills get 1 tele, 1 warmth, 1 static field. YOU DO NOT NEED ENERGY SHIELD IF U PLAN TO MEPH/BAAL RUN!! when you tp there, if u get trapped in a group of enemies and get hit, u will run out of mana so quickly and will not be able to tp out again. if you dont do frequent baal and mephisto runs then go a head and get it. i think in hell the most effective single tree is definitely cold as cold mastery is a unique mastery, lowers there resistance (get d clone to -100% from 95% resist is absolutely AMAZING!!). frozen orb is ok if u max synergy and cold mastery however i would only recommend it for a dual tree build. max blizzard is devistating. i kill every monster in hell in one blizzard it owns so much. have a go, maybe download the SP lvl 99's and have a look at the skills. thats the best way to test character idead. good luck!!

5. Chronus24

gah...so many choices...can't decide! Orb or Blizzard? Each has merits...damn it all...why must I be a Libra...can't ever decide...*flounder*