Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cyclone Armor: Absorb Fireclaws and other?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Keaka26, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Cyclone Armor: Absorb Fireclaws and other?

Does cyclone armor absorb the damage dealt by fireclaws since its purely elemental damage?

How about something like IK maul? IK maul deals a large amount of lightning and fire damage with multi items, is this absorbed by cyclone armor?

TIA

Keaka

2. Green_Squirrel

Green_Squirrel IncGamers Member

Yes it gets absorbed, but the physical damage passes through of course.

3. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Pssst. The physical damage on my 6 socket phase blade isnt so hot if ya know what I mean.... That means these windies are damn near immune to a fireclaws druid! They have like 3000+ ele. damage prevention. Thats a whole lot of pvp damage.

4. Green_Squirrel

Yep. You could charge up even one shot of Maul, then switch to FC in order to stun him, preventing the Druid from recasting his CA.

5. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Well if the druid is spamming tornados, I dont think I'll have enough time to be able to do all that :lol: . Those tornados hurt soooo good.

6. Green_Squirrel

Well that's what melee has to deal with in 1.10. Try getting some major R/W and circling him for a bit, finally dashing in where he hasn't spammed yet. Possible? I haven't tried, just throwing ideas.

7. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Thats generally my attempt in PvP, just as you say, run circles till I see an opening. Sometimes they forget cyclone armor, so that helps immensly.

The players with enigma leave me little hope. The ones I seem to kill usually have low HP, so I'll get lucky with a bite of Rabies . Then I run away to avoid the tornados. I wait, they die :lol: . Then I hear the complaints of "stupid runner" "stop running nub, why dont you just fight me instead of running?". Im like, "yeah....Im just going to stand in front of you and duke it out against your multi-hitting 4k damage unblockable tornados. If you think Im going to do that, you're the nub."

8. Green_Squirrel

Excellent, well good luck on your Druid.

9. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

I have the same problem and need to find out what works.

Best thing is to use a weapon that deals lots of physical damage one handed or two.

If you go two handed you will loose shield blocking and dr if using stormshield, so tornados will hurt more.

If attack speed is a problem you can always shift into wolf form and use a fast weapon and fireclaws and rely on the physical damage only from the weapon. Don't have fury unless you place points there.

Don't think maul will provide enough damage to kill quick enough, but worth trying.

Thats the best I can come up with.