Cyclists

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Cyclists

I'm sick of cyclists who don't know the rules of the road. I just heard some women on bikes complaining that I cut them off. We approached a 4-way stop, and were headed to the same lane. I was turning left and they were turning right. I got to the intersection first, stopped, and then pulled out. They went right through the stop sign and one complained to the other that I cut them off. Then we were waiting at a light about 100 feet from that previous intersection. We were both turning left. I was stuck behind the car in front of me that was turning right (it was waiting for a bus to clear). They pulled out behind me and went around me right as I finally started to pull out.

I'm sick of idiot cyclists on the road.

Jigga-Scrooge

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Cyclists

im sick of cyclists on the road period. they are a huge inconvenience. extremely dangerous for them as well.

Johnny

Banned

Cyclists are all suicidal mofos who's one purpose in life is to kill themselves on my car and make as big of a dent and a mess as is possible.

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member

And don't even get me started on the ****ing pedestrians. Christ! the only thing worse is those cripples in there damned wheelchairs.

People need to wake up the the whole Predator/Prey way the world works by, I got the Expedition SUV and pay for my gas, out of the way or get run down fools, Like I have 30 Damn seconds extra to watch out for you stupid Arse.
As My G-Pa Would Say - Get a Horse, or a few hundred under the hood at least.

Johnny

Banned

I remember 2 weeks ago when me and my friend where taking a quick drive to the store to get some snacks before closing. These two 14ish year old chicks decide to cross the road.

But to take a shortcut instead of just crossing the road and walking on the sidewalk. They cross the road diagonally but then they just keep walking in the middle of the road as I come up behind. They dont even turn around to watch out for the car. My car is'nt exactly quiet. My first idea was to run them down by then the little voice in my head that spends all day keeping me out of prison suggested that if I scare them it would be just as rewarding. After some bartering I accept his deal and so I drive up slowly to them then I shift the car into.. neutral? That's what it's called right when you have no gear in?

Anyway I shift to no gear then I step on the gas and this car now about 40 centimeters behind them sounds like it's thundering down the road at 200 km/h. The girls actualy lift their hands in the air and run to either side of the road. Screaming at the top of their lungs! They thought they where going to die! haha!

A little grounding will do them good. I'm sure they will thank me some day.

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member

I thank you for the same thing, and I really thank you for doing it from Europe over the internet.

Feared

Diabloii.Net Member

I love the ones that ride the wrong way into traffic. I guess they'd rather get in a 60mph relative speed crash than a 30mph one. Living dangerously I suppose.

5Ws

Banned

I've gotten hit twice by cars, both times they were disobeying the rules. I was minding my own business, in the bike lane. Jigga, Squat, and Johnny, **** you guys. I'm all for everybody following the rules, but to say things like that is just ****ing ignorant.

Get off your high horse retards. You talk about cyclists disregarding rules as if you are somehow immune from it. What makes you think you belong on the road, that piece of **** metal you call car? Or is it the $4 a gallon that you complain about every moment of your miserable life, yet when that fuel light goes on, you drag your sorry *** and fill up like a mother****ing tool?

Guess I thought too highly of this goddamn place.

O well, a good way to get banned I guess.

Jigga-Scrooge

Diabloii.Net Member

thats funny. i dont complain about gas prices. i just go and fill up. pay with credit, dont even check how much it is. i figure its a necessity and i dont care how much it is.

what makes me think cars belong on the road? what? are you serious?

Johnny

Banned

You talk about cyclists disregarding rules as if you are somehow immune from it. What makes you think you belong on the road, that piece of **** metal you call car?
Because I had to memorize a 300 page book on road and traffic facts and pass a driving test to be allowed to drive that "piece of **** metal" on the road while the only qualification to get on the road with a bike is having atleast 2 functioning limbs.

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member

5Ws said:
I've gotten hit twice by cars, both times they were disobeying the rules.
I hit a cyclist once, he was disobeying the rules. I was minding my own business at a stop light and he turned in front of me without signaling. Since this was when gas was $2.50/gal, I think it makes it his fault, right?

That was about the lamest, "Screw you guys" rant ever. Unbunch your panties.

5Ws

Banned

thats funny. i dont complain about gas prices. i just go and fill up. pay with credit, dont even check how much it is. i figure its a necessity and i dont care how much it is.

what makes me think cars belong on the road? what? are you serious?
Yes I'm ****ing serious. Do I sound like I'm ****ing kidding? Or are you saying that cuz you can't really answer the goddamn question?

plasmo

Diabloii.Net Member

Just like with every other group of people, 95% of them are fine and 5% are idiots. The same is true of car drivers and pedestrians, too.

5% of car drivers tailgate, don't pay attention, drive too aggressively, drive too slowly, etc.

5% of bicyclists are on roads with vehicles moving too fast to accommodate them, drive on roads with too small of lanes for them, break laws they are supposed to follow (not stopping for red lights), etc.

5% of pedestrians jaywalk when/where it is dangerous for them, stand too close to the curb at corners, etc.

The problem isn't even that people break the laws. Everybody who drives speeds at some point, everyone who rides a bike runs stop signs at some point, and everyone who walks jaywalks at some point. The problem is when you do it in a situation that inconveniences and/or potentially injures others.

It would be easy to whine about the cyclists who annoy me, but I could just as easily whine about the other drivers or pedestrians, too.

My biggest peeve in each area: drivers who go slowly in the far-left lane on highways, bicyclists who drive in traffic lanes that are way too fast for them and don't have any shoulders, and pedestrians who jaywalk when there is lots of traffic. All of these situations jam up traffic, are a potential danger to all parties involved, and can be easily avoided.

Bicycles are healthier for the riders and better for the environment, but in many cities (especially in the US), they are impractical.

5Ws

Banned

I hit a cyclist once, he was disobeying the rules. I was minding my own business at a stop light and he turned in front of me without signaling. Since this was when gas was $2.50/gal, I think it makes it his fault, right?

**** off, I'm sure reading comprehension was not your forte.

kobold

Banned

:yes:

*grabs bowl of popcorn*

@5Ws, have you paid any attention to the personalities involved? Just because someone makes a comment likely intended as a joke it doesn't mean that they were the person that hit you.

Have a beer, it'll make it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.