Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cutting your own hair.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by stillman, Jul 5, 2010.

1. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Cutting your own hair.

Believe it or not, but there's only one person who cuts my hair since I'm born (with maybe 5 exceptions): My father. He's 78 now and I still go to him. I hate sitting in waiting rooms or have an extra walk to the hairdresser, I'm stingy and my demands with respect to hairstyle are pretty low. All I want is no sweating in the summer, no freezing in winter, no extra hassles with washing and drying and I don't want to have my next haircut that soon. However, sooner or later the time will come when his hands aren't calm enough anymore to have no fear of losing my ears.

2. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan Diabloii.Net Member

I've found that the Neutrogena T-Gel works better than Head&Shoulders. With H&S your body becomes dependent on it to kill the fungus so if you ever stop using it your dandruff/eczema on the scalp can actually get worse. T-Gel doesn't seem to have this problem. The only issue I have with it is the smell which clings to your hair...but I wash my hair with a different shampoo after I do the T-Gel treatment.

And good, old-fashioned sunlight is the best thing you can do to kill the fungi on your scalp. It works best with a short, short cut.

3. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch Diabloii.Net Member

well, no i don't want your hair because my hair is the same way. however, would i touch it? yes. :cloud9: you know... Mara's hair is like that too. he has curly hair and it grows super fast! his mom ALWAYS raves about how perfect his hair is, hahaha! ^_^ got it from his father.

4. jmervyn

jmervyn Diabloii.Net Member

On women I like thick, long hair, but I personally can't stand having it, even if the ladies think it's sexxay. It's frickkin' uncontrollable if I get it longer, and my beard is nearly an 'afro' if I let it grow. I suspect I got both from my maternal Grandfather, since his was quite thick and wavy. My Dad's is a little wavy too, but he keeps his in submission with Brylcreem (which I dislike intensely).

5. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

I shave my head every so often and then watch the hair grow back. My intense hatred of the mess it makes keeps me from regular cuts. In between hair massacres, I have a pair of scissors that I use to keep things from looking too sloppy. It works out great.

Here's an oddity: I have dandruff/scalp problems when I'm being a hermit, but when I transform into Worker-Myk, I cease to have any of those problems and can use regular generic shampoos.

My last job was during the night, so I got hardly anymore sunshine than now.

Maybe it's just a poor body chemistry thing when I'm too idle?

As far as wimminz goez: past romances suggests short hair is a win.

6. Leopold Stotch

they lied to you. flat. out. LIEEEED!

but, hey, every chick to her own. :coffee:

7. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

It's just a statistical thing. Hair style/lenght/color doesn't really mean too much; I was once strongly attracted to a gal with a shaved head.

Funny note: I had hair down to my back in High School. A good amount of the girls would always bug me to cut it. I did. And then another group cropped up bugging me about why I cut it.

8. jmervyn

Check out the romance novel covers. Women liking long hair on men is akin to them falling in love with criminals - they don't really like to recognize the tendency, and they would most certainly try to change the aspect once they were in a position to do so. Familiarity breeds contempt, &c.

9. IntelligentX

IntelligentX Diabloii.Net Member

Ken, you look awesome.

10. stillman

stillman Diabloii.Net Member

I have always been interested in which hairstyles women 'go after.' Since I am doomed, I can only speculate.

Each hairstyle probably brings up some generalization which people use to make a hasty judgement call. I heard from a study that women choose wether a man is right for them is just 30 seconds, so maybe the long hair gets this reaction: "He must be artsy, talkative, worldly even. I can talk to him for hours." But the short, business like hair cut advertises: "I have money! I get my hair done every 5 weeks! No! Four weeks! AND special meetings! MONEY, you idiot!" Then, the ragged hillbilly hair, hockey hair, or otherwise uncut-for-a-while hair maybe screams excitement and risk, fun fun? I don't know.

Total baldness is probably a macho signal: "He can protect me...and knock me teeth out if I deserve it!" But what about punk styles? Are these competing with the long haired guys, or...saying, "I'm more outgoing than all of the above?" But which hair is smart guy hair, and would that signal help or hinder? Smart guys make money but would be less willing to spend too much of it.

And why aren't mullets 'in' anymore? Wouldn't a full head of hair be desirable? 90's folk would laugh at disco and all that, but they still had some tall hair back then. 80's had the mullets, but as you go back further, you see VERY long male hair in the 70's, and the 60's had Jesuses complete with bushy beards! You could clearly see their big bushy heads were way bigger than anything else (people were skinny as you go back). So less and less hair seems to be the thing as times change. Maybe hair doesn't matter at all, anymore.

Is the world getting cleaner and tidier where people think "ew" if they spot too much hair now that society is full of sissies?

11. Tanooki

Tanooki Diabloii.Net Member

I'm aiming for 1700's hair style, with a black bow holding the ponytail. The only question is do I put the curls on the side, or not...?

12. BobCox2

BobCox2 Diabloii.Net Member

I have that working, The side is just because you have to play with it.

13. jmervyn

I guess it depends on the situation.

(I'll leave it to someone else to find the Stephen Colbert clip about this.)

14. Tanooki

Tanooki Diabloii.Net Member

Take a look at these fellows, and tell me how well you think the mullet works for the one guitarist..

15. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

I don't get my hair cut.

It stretches to my lower back now.

16. minuses

minuses Diabloii.Net Member

Whatever you do, dont shave your hair off. Buzz cuts look terrible imo.

17. Leopold Stotch

totally do the curls. i think it'd look awesome. hehe! :thumbup:

ahhh..... :cloud9:

Stillman (i think this was SM's question...), i think it all goes back to what women like. some chicks like the long hair, some absolutely hate it. it all depends on what she likes. i think mohawks and spiked hair are awesome while i swoon over long hair on men and my fingers itch to touch it. if you're bald, that's ok too. i rub and massage your head (and once, i painted a bullseye on the back of a bald man's head. WHAT?! he asked for a smiley face one year at the face painting booth and then a bullseye target thingy the next year! had to comply with what he wanted. ;)). short hair/shag/whatever is fine too.

18. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I tend to rock the powdered wig look. Also, prescription swim goggles and a bow tie. The ladies swoon.

[​IMG]

19. BabyLink

BabyLink Diabloii.Net Member

I never tried to cut my own hair...they're such a curly mess something bad would happen if I tried (like there would be a third world war or something)

I can only agree to that, being in the exact same situation.

For know, i'm letting my hair grow, until I don't know when.

20. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

[​IMG]