Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Custom druid build starting with nothing need tips

Discussion in 'Druid' started by SpaceFalcon, Sep 3, 2006.

1. SpaceFalcon

SpaceFalcon IncGamers Member

Custom druid build starting with nothing need tips

I'm starting all over I lost my chars. Starting over USWEST ladder..

I want to go the path of a druid this time but I am starting with NO gear and NO help from anyone. I played on single player with a level 99 druid and tested around the skills and heres what I got planned.

20 armaggedon with synergies
    15 oak sage?
    20 healing vine thing (Forgot name)
    And if I don't burn it all out on synergies.. i'll put rest into something else.
    I'm guessing the Oak sage/Vine combo will keep me alive long enough.

What kind of stats do you suggest I know I need alot of VIT, but should I just let my armaggedon do damage while I just meat shield and recieve HP from vine? Or should I try to do some meele damage as well..

NO shapeshifting stuff, I plan to be all PvM. I'm not interested in PvP now but just wondering can I solo well enough with the proper equips around level 60~70 in nightmare?
    I want to one day be a shapeshifter for PvP as a second character when I am advanced druid player.

Thanks for reading :)

2. MaxMax

MaxMax IncGamers Member

I wouldn't recommend putting more than 1 point in Carrion vine (life thing:smiley:) since the gain per. lvl is very little. See this link;http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/druid-summoning.shtml

And if you plan to use armageddon as your main source of dmg. why not put a few points in a shapeing skill, remember armageddon can be cast while in wolf/bear (atleast for coolness factor, and a bit more life)

Also you have the possibility to make some sort of fireclaw hybrid, where your armageddon synergies are also fireclaw synergies.

note: Shape-shifters are viable in PvM

3. SpaceFalcon

SpaceFalcon IncGamers Member

Actually i've rethough armeggedon.. I get cyclone armor which will keep me alive alot longer.

Heres the re-though plan

Hurricane - 20
    Cyclone - 15~20
    Synergies - (Try to get as much as I can)
    CrrionVine - 7~10 (Because it goes 4% to 10% which is alot IMO.)
    Oak - 15~20

I don't think I have enough points but i'll try...

Hm also my stats will go

Str - 100 Enough for gear
    Dex - Max block
    Vit - Rest
    Energy - 40

I plan to be a meatshield and life leecher, with cyclone armor and 75 res I don't think i'll be dying very much...

Do you think that I should get bear lvl 1 so then I could 50% life bonus? Since I WILL have alot of life. Does the bear make any negative side effects? like loss of defence or anything.

4. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

It sounds like your going almost pure windy at that point, with a few points in summon tree aside from oak. I would DEFINITELY put a point in bear...His life is insane in hell and makes an excellent re-castable tank (the monster AI goes for him before merc and u - lifesaver)

Windy's are a great untwinked charectar build...don't forget that the hurricane synergy tornado is actually an awesome attack by itself ( the main atack usually for pure windy) with all synergy's maxed it does aroudn 3k per nado, and usually hits monsters twice ( and passes thru like bspear). Besides, if your going to max it to increase hurricane damage, might as well use it rather then just stand there :grin: Here's what i would do for skills

20 cyclone armor (you'll want this maxed)
    20 tornados
    20 hurricane
    10-15 twister (remaining points go here after rest)
    and either 20 in oak or 20 in griz

I usually max my summons last...some max their oak as soon as possible. my current windy in HC has 1pt in oak, and is maxing griz last of all skills. it does nice damage at high levels (equaling my merc in some circumstances), and so far 1 pt in oak has been fine for me. He has finished baal in hell and is currently doing key runs. All PvM

stay with 1pt in carrion...I know the extra life leech seems like alot but even with just 1 pt you'll be suprised how fast your life bulb gets filled. i've done quite a few windy's, and one pt has always been enough for carrion.

good luck an dhave fun :jig:

Malachi