Custom Avatars?

Ifrit18

Banned
Custom Avatars?

I take a screenshot and want to crop the picture out and make it an avatar.

Whats the best program to do this?

Nword

Banned
GIMP has its uses.. but that really better for other things...

I use a bugged version of Paint Shop Pro 3... I swear I got it off the official JASC site.... but i'm on day 760 of the 30 day trial period....

Corneo

Diabloii.Net Member
I use this image editor HP developed edited for my printer-scanner-copier. Works wonders, but of course it isn't Photoshop or anything.

Savage

Diabloii.Net Member
Paint works for cropping and resizing.

Various free programs are suitable for editting and modifying, and mostly anything you need to do. If you want something of professional quality you need to go for Photoshop or Paint Shop. I use Photoshop 7 for almost everything image related.

Dark Matter

Diabloii.Net Member
http://gifworks.com/

What Is GIFWorks?

It's an online GIF image editor. This unique tool is completely on-line -- nothing to download or install. Better yet, it's ABSOLUTELY FREE -- no prepaid tokens or subscriptions.

What can I do with GIFWorks?

Create your own special effects with any GIF -- even animated ones! Resize it, colorize it, optimize it, and jazzercise it -- then save it and take it with you. You name it and you can do it! If you have any feature suggestions let us know.

How Do I Get Started?

It's simple! Using the easy-to-use pull down menus, select "File Open" in the File menu above. Simply follow the instructions to load any GIF and then manipulate the image using the GIFWorks menus. It's that easy.

The GIFWorks interface uses standard HTML and JavaScript. It should work correctly in Netscape and Internet Explorer versions 3.x and greater. If you experience any problems with the interface, please let us know.

Suicidal Zebra

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally, for just cropping screenies and the like, I use irfanview . It is free, petite, and very easy to use.

For animated Gifs, GIFworks (above in DM's post) is pretty good!

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
The best thing to do is to cut holes in your monitor with a power saw until the image looks like you want. Don't forget to wear goggles when using power tools!