curses & DS

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
curses & DS

i was playing my blizz sorc the other day.
merc's equipped with a reaper's.
i've noticed that when DS and decrepify trigger on the same hit, DS is carried to all the cursed monsters.
at least graphically, couldnt tell if monsters' lives were reduced accordingly.
does it really happen this way?
if yes, can it happen with CB, OW, CS too? and/or with other curses as well?

thanx in advance

robdylan

Diabloii.Net Member
asdfgah said:
What is DS? Maybe if i knew the abbrevation i could give you an answer.
Deadly Strike? Man - that Reaper's Toll is one sweet merc weapon, though. No more worries with PI's.

nepeta

Diabloii.Net Member
Deadly strike is the common term abbreviated 'DS', but I don't really see it making any sense with a sorc, and I've also got doubts about deadly strike getting 'carried' and especially 'graphically', so I'll keep my snout shut :x

robdylan

Diabloii.Net Member
nepeta said:
Deadly strike is the common term abbreviated 'DS', but I don't really see it making any sense with a sorc, and I've also got doubts about deadly strike getting 'carried' and especially 'graphically', so I'll keep my snout shut :x
I think what phatbrava is referring to is the DS on Reaper's Toll.

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
nepeta said:
yes, DS (deadly strike) from reaper's
the graphics for DS is a small pinkish 'star' on the monster - if this is wrong then my question makes no sense :)
and sometimes when decrepify triggers, there's such a 'star' on each cursed monster...
anyways, what's wrong with reaper's on a blizz sorc's merc? all she really needs from the merc is his aura, as she does HUGE damage, blizz rules!
and when decrep goes off is also alot sweeter. i find reaper's the best all-purpose merc weapon (except for chars that dont want their curses overridden, of course)

robdylan

Diabloii.Net Member
phatbrava said:
. i find reaper's the best all-purpose merc weapon (except for chars that dont want their curses overridden, of course)
I must agree with you. Luckily, I have an ethereal one, too :)

nepeta

Diabloii.Net Member
I obviously haven't been paying too much attention :x Never noticed the stars from DS. Only yesterday, while playing my necro (L93), I figured what those greyish skellies with maces were doing :eek:

And I'd like to disagree with you about that ultimate merc weapon, or, if you like, I'd not, if you send me all your eth hone sundans :p

robdylan

Diabloii.Net Member
nepeta said:
And I'd like to disagree with you about that ultimate merc weapon, or, if you like, I'd not, if you send me all your eth hone sundans :p
Hone is nicely customisable, sure, but you can't make it cast Decrepify...? Brilliant for any melee build, as it breaks Physical Immunity.

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member
phatbrava said:
yes, DS (deadly strike) from reaper's
the graphics for DS is a small pinkish 'star' on the monster - if this is wrong then my question makes no sense :)
The ittle pink "star" is the graphic for Crushing Blow I believe. I've never noticed a graphic for deadly strike.

However as always I stand to be corrected.

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
Dodgydave said:
The ittle pink "star" is the graphic for Crushing Blow I believe. I've never noticed a graphic for deadly strike.

However as always I stand to be corrected.
CB graphics is a big red splash
the little pink star is for critical strike and deadly strike

nepeta said:
And I'd like to disagree with you about that ultimate merc weapon, or, if you like, I'd not, if you send me all your eth hone sundans
hone sundan is a really really good boss killer...combine that with guillaume and blast away

anyways, does anybody have any ideea about my (idiotic maybe) theory? please? :)
vets?

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member
phatbrava said:
CB graphics is a big red splash
the little pink star is for critical strike and deadly strike
Big red/little pink - meh colours were never my strong point. :D

(I think I'll have to equip a character with just deadly strike and see if I can see this pink star.)