Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Curses and minions?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by TheEagle, Apr 26, 2005.

1. TheEagle

TheEagle IncGamers Member

Curses and minions?

Hi,

When using curses do they also work on minions?

ex: When using iron maidon on a monster does the damage he is doing on one of my minos refect back to them? Same with life-tap?

Thanks

Eagle

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

if a monster is cursed with Iron maiden and does physical melee damage against anything like you, minions or another baddie(gg attract) then the curse works.
    Lifetap works whenever an allied minion, player, yourself does a physical attack against a lifetapped monster

3. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Yes - thats why a might merc rocks on summoner/summoner hybrid necro builds as the aura icreases the damage of your minions/merc and casting amplify damage curse on monsters means they do double physical damage. The iron maiden curse when casted on any monster means everytime they hit any of your minions the take damage and its called damage return. Life Tap curse grants all your minions, merc and yourself if you choose to melee additonal 50% life leech. However not all curse are aimed to 'work' for your minions. Some negate monsters attacks or are just downright devious :p For example the curses Terror, Dim Vision, Confuse and Attract are more crowd controlling curses and they are useful to spread a big pack, blind ranged attackers or make monsters attack themselves for example hehe. Most builds just put a point in curses and let +skills to improve them except maybe builds that rely on the Lower Resist or Iron Maiden curse i guess. Hope i helped :D

4. TheEagle

TheEagle IncGamers Member

Thanks, so if i got it right life tap means that my mionions will get the hp and not me, and iron maiden works the same as normal :D

5. batuchka

Well there are variants of the necromancer class that go melee like daggermancer/meleemancer but yes the only way for you to have 50% added life leech for yourself is to actually hit monsters with a weapon i.e deal physical damage :p In spellcaster mode your merc/minions benefit from this curse and with experience necros can keep their mercs alive with this hotkeyed and the merc having no life leech whatsoever in his weapon @@

6. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Of course, this would be extremely stupid since you'd have to babysit your merc all the time, and with life tap on the monsters there is no amp damage on them...

Not everything that's possible makes sense.

7. batuchka

Hmm i agree it is not adviseable for a merc to have any life leech unless he has such a high crushing blow and one does not only use Life Tap but alternate. For example 'Obedience' runeword in an ethereal elite polearm+ set winged helm + duriel's shell provides 75% crushing blow, superb resists, huge damage and cannot be frozen @ an affordable price - perfect ingredients for taking down Hell Baal which i had done so in solo mf mixing in Life Tap with Deceprify+clay for that split second i feel my merc's life is low :p But ya this is a one off/act boss scenario and i would be irresponsible to advocate zero leech i guess :D