Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cursermancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by YamiRaziel, Mar 21, 2005.

1. YamiRaziel

YamiRaziel IncGamers Member

Cursermancer

Hi guys.I was thinking about making a Cursomancer.He would have only curses,a.k.a. a supporter char.I only saw one Cursomancer on the whole B.net.
    So what do u think.It would be hard to lv up with him...any suggestions?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I think it would be very difficult...You'd have to use maxed Iron Maiden combined with Attract...or get a thorns mercenary and use amplify damage. Definitely boost your golem a bit or get skelly warriors but that's probably not the idea of this build...

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew and feel free to raise some corpses.

Do a search for Mojomancer. There are a lot of threads regarding the concept.

4. YamiRaziel

i actualy tougt of maximazing attract...and i would probably use Grims Scythe with combination of Life tap....it would be something new to play with.at least 4 me...i would only raise Curses,no skill from other trees....some advices...

5. Mad Mantis

If you are thinking about going melee you will need to have points in BA and its synergies. You won't live very long without them.

Maximizing Attract isn't necessary. You can get a decent duration with about 8 skill points. More points can be helpful, but aren't mandatory.

Doing a search for "Mojomancer" and "Edge" should give you plenty of information on a curse-only build and using damage returned to beat your adversaries. There is a Meleemancer guide in the [ Essential Necromancer Information ] sticky. Check it out for some info on going melee.

6. YamiRaziel

tnx dudes...i tought about raising BA..i will probably....i would raise BA and BW from B&P tree..those would be only two skils...cuz they boost each other...and plus..i build walls around monsters..and cast IM...evil...

7. Mage-Scholar

Mage-Scholar IncGamers Member

I remember one problem that I had with IM and Bone Wall is that sometimes monsters just try to get across the wall and do not attack it. I think it has something to do with the attack list or whatever that monsters have.

Its like, they see you first.

#1 Action: Kill You.

You cast Bone Wall between you and the monsters. Their list becomes...

#1 Action: Kill You.
    #2 Action: Kill Bone Wall

However, since they can't kill you, they won't go on to the next action. I think someone said that it applies to AI spells, but maybe that changed and this thing doesn't exist anymore.

8. Growlor

Growlor IncGamers Member

You don't get the exp if they die from IM on bonewall.

At least it used to be that way and I have not read of it changing. The bonewall is considered nuetral so no exp to you if it kills them.

Growlor

9. YamiRaziel

well im ganna make himfor 2 days...need to strenghten my barbar....anyway...tnx dudes...

10. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Attract and confusion wil give you control over the AI to some degree. I'm sure mojos are viable, but it's going to be some seriously slow killing in Hell without some pretty absurd equipment.

11. Mad Mantis

Even with insane equipment it will be slow going against casters and ranged attackers. Confusion doesn't increase their killing power. You’ll need to rely on your Merc almost completely for that.

12. xXDonVonXx

xXDonVonXx IncGamers Member

I have advice

Dude... I made a almost pure Mojomancer. Only one spell and I try to not use it... but sadly It's just too time consuming to let them kill themselves. It was corpse explosion. Can I make myself the unnoficial Mojomancer master because I happen to love the play with corpse explosion.

Either way I got experience, and it works best like this:

1. Cows! On your own, confuse will work good enough, until there's only one guy left then merc or corpse.
    2. Attract or Confuse, Amp, Corpse Boom.
    3. Let merc kill mantain him with various curses life tap is very good at this as is decrepify

The most important things to remember...

Stamina!!!!!! or high run/walk, even then stamina!
    Round up enemies (by running... alot) so confuse will be more likely to target others instead of you. Lots of targets= less chance of you being targeted.

Block!!!!!!/Resist!!!!! make sure this is maxed/way up it willllll save your life if you don't have enough life.

Other than that, extra point items are good.

In a tight spot just use dim vision terror or something.

Have fun causing chaos! :thumbsup:

P.S. if you are on east that one Curse guy might have been me My Mojomancers name=Mojo_Mike