Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Curse Question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by chickenhed, May 18, 2005.

1. chickenhed

chickenhed IncGamers Member

Curse Question

If I cast lower resist on a monster, then attack with poison dagger, does lower resist have to STAY on the monster for the entire duration of poison dagger?

Or can i cast LR, then PD, then change to a different curse before the duration of PD wears out and get the full effect of PD?

2. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

As long as you see the animations above the monsters' heads you know the curse is in effect. If this goes away, recast the curse.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

IIRC, you can cast LR, attack with PD and then switch to a different curse whilst still getting all the bonuses from LR. This was discussed in a thread, although I can’t seem to find it right now.

4. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I'm certain that the poison damage continues at the accelerated rate after you switch to another curse. I know this because when I break weaker immunes in Hell with LR, hit them with Nova, and then switch to amp, the poison damage continues at the same rate even though they regain the Poison Immune status after I amp them.

5. chickenhed

chickenhed IncGamers Member

well if this is the case, that would be really great. so just to be clear, i can cast LR, stab them with LR on, then change to a different curse and get the full effect of LR while the poison ticks away?

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Yep. Just watch the Health bar. It should be pretty obvious without. -50+ resists should be a pretty huge difference where poison is concerned.