Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Curse question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by totoro, Mar 26, 2004.

1. totoro

totoro IncGamers Member

Curse question

What is an "Iron Maiden" curse, and how do you know when it has been cast on you? Are there charcteristic looks to the different curses? Is there a link to a site with all the curses listed?

2. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

3. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Yes. Arreat summit has a nice listing of every char skill. I think it even has pictures. *browses on arreat summit* voila:
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/

Necro, click curse, scroll down to iron maiden.

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Iron maiden is a necro curse which lets you suffer damage if you inflict damage with a melee weapon. The more you inflict, the more you suffer. The visual effect are a kind of orange-red drops over your head. It's particularly nasty on characters because they tend to inflict more damage than they have life. With monsters it's vice versa.

Go to the chaos sanctum with a melee character, watch the visual effects on your head, hit a monster. If you die, it was iron maiden :lol:

5. kimahri112

kimahri112 IncGamers Member

ive never died from iron maiden with one hit.........but ya, it sux, theres 2 different curses that give u red/orange balls over ur head, weaken and iron maiden, weakin balls are big and have like fire behind em or somtin, alot bigger, iron maiden is thin

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

One hit may not be enough, but many melee characters use uninterruptible attacks like WW or zeal. However, a charger paladin should inflict enough damage to kill himself with one hit.

Iron maiden has no effect on missile attacks and in 1.09 some melee attacks counted as those. Spring attack comes to my mind, but I heard that got "fixed".

7. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Yup Leap attack is no longer considered a ranged attack. Barbs now need to use berserk (magical damage) whenever there are Oblivion Knights around.
    And my barb gets a 1 hit KO (concentration), 4.5K dmg 3K life :(